Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Bowles and Macc to a certain degree are coaching/making personnel decisions for their jobs. I don't think that 3 wins puts either of them in the clear so I think they're going to ride McCown for as long as possible.

Petty should start before Hack if things are fair and purely about readiness. Petty has gotten injured plenty with us and with our o-line giving up a lot of pressure against stacked d-line teams, I could see Petty unfortunately going down with an injury as well and then opening the door for Hack.

Regardless, I think management knows that this team is not going to do anything significant this year. We had a few wins, we look to be playing tough but we still have Bowles as coach and our roster is young and we do not have the talent on offense that can realistically hang with the best week in and week out.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Our chances increase immensely if Skrine starts the rest of the season. Clueless Bowles and Rodgers couldn't wake up from their coma to either remove Skrine of give him help. I'm tired of the Bowles quotes where he takes no responsibility for this team and specifically the defense. They are undisciplined and unprepared. I would say untalented but they have first or second round picks at almost every position on the defense.

tomdeb, CBG, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bowles has picked up some talented coaches but fortunately he and KC Sunshine Band call the Defense...ahaha

Yes the defense is loaded and they suck big time..what a waste other than those 2 safeties

Read in the Post that the Jets are outscored in the fourth quarter like 60-14

boozer32 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Boozer he will hold himself accountable " after he reviews the film "

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I know they call people who can't read illiterate but what do they call coaches that can understand film.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I wouldn't call the defense loaded. Talented in some areas yes, but also very young and very weak at CB and edge rusher.

Todd Bowles is a very good coach. Not the greatest in game guy and certainly doesn't win the press conference, but his teams play hard for him.

7. NYJetsO12

Yep your right ...not loaded with talent ..loaded in the bank..for starters Skrine getting $8 million and Mo Wilk 78 million????????????? and whats the return??

"Todd Bowles is a very good coach" ...whattttt...??? "Not the greatest in game guy""..oh I see good at the pre game pep talk but terrible manager on the field (which is what most coaches are paid for)..sheesh

SMH Tull.....
    Take a seat on the Park bench Aqualung

tomdeb likes this.
  8. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Lmao you are blaming him because Skrine sucks? When has Skrine been good? He didn't give him that money, blame Mac for that. Also Wilk had his best year under bowles.

The facts are that Todd Bowles is now 18-20 with freaking Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown under center.

Do you think you are winning division titles against the Pats with Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick?

9. NYJetsO12

Of course I blame Bowles...he should have benched Skrine

Of course he is not winning with McGown and Fitz...my point is to start drafting Offense young...e.g. 28 and younger for QB and OL

You said he is a great coach ...sorry about 75 per cent of the GG and sports writers would disagree

We are being outscored and outplayed in the 4th quarter for weeks now...that is on TB

tomdeb likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

a GOOD coach does not repeatedly play bad players! Revis and Fitz would still be starting with Buster if Bowles still had them. He is way too loyal to veterans who stink.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Who do you want to play instead of Skrine?

Last week some people said that about him playing Mo. As if there was an obvious better option and there's coaches everywhere that don't play the players according to what depth charts project, and every team has top players throughout their roster to choose from

It's an interesting notion, but I'd like to hear what the options are, and why they're better than what the HC does. What are they based on?

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

A good coach "creates" good players out of thin air. [This is the secret behind every good coach - indeed the kind of secret that withstood the test of time, I tell ya.]

FJF likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Walt, in my opinion, ANY coach should have a backup ready for every position going into a game. What if Buster had gotten hurt against the dolphins? ? I assume they had somebody prepared for that. Frankly I cannot believe anyone could play WORSE than Buster did on Sunday and his play more than anything else costs the jets the game. I do not think Bowles would have blamed for trying anyone else after Buster allowed TD after TD.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Walt White

Really? What player on the Jets needs to be disciplined for behavior issues comparable to Bryant? You're going to put a players unique behavioral issues that have gone on for a year and put it together with a players bad game and suggest that's how Bowles should handle something and actually say that's an indication of Bowles' ability to coach? That that's an indication of what's in his 'coaching manual', lol, after the career he's had. Are you really serious?

Just arbitrarily, on a whim, deplete the roster for the week, and practice structure, because someone had a bad game? A guy that is a model citizen, and does everything the right way. Are you serious?

If Bowles read that he'd hurt himself laughing.

FJF likes this.
  16. Walt White

Yeah, I know, it sucked. Especially after the game he had the week before. Remember that game?

If you criticized Bowles for trading McDougle I'd get a really good laugh, but then I might agree.

Who do we put in? Who? Let's send Bowles a memo.

#356 Walt White, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Who isn't putting in effort? Skrine? Skrine is just not good. What other options does Bowles have? Mac traded McDougle and cut Marcus Williams. Both rookies are on IR.

We bash Bowles so much, but he has this team competing each and every week, while he isn't the greatest coach of all time, he is improving.

FJF likes this.
  18. Walt White

101, looks like Jenkins is coming on a little, no? I'm starting to think maybe so. What do you think?

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

Uh, no I'm NOT saying that anyone currently on the Jets roster is akin to Bryant, but the idea of benching a player for persistent failure for part or all of a game - or even several games - IS something that Bowels should consider. He certainly should've done more of that with Richardson and WIlkerson last year, and if Wilkerson keeps playing like crap then yeah take some playing time form him.

And I don't say to take time away "...because someone had a bad game?". The phrase "keeps screwing up" implies that it's more than one or even two games. When was the last time Wilkerson actually had a good game? Bowles gives these guys way too much slack. What other HC would leave their QB in the game after 6 picks, and then keep him as the starter? I only wish all my teachers in school graded like he does - I would've been a Rhodes scholar!

Nor did I say to "Bench everyone who had a bad game last week". Please re-read my post for clarity, I'm not going to repeat it all again.

20. ColoradoContrails

As Tomdeb said, a coach has to have backups available - what if Skrine got hurt? He'd find somebody to replace him. And if he's just not good, then maybe it's high time Bowles tries someone else.

As to Bowles improving, maybe, although he still makes mistakes in managing the game and the clock. Or maybe "he's just not good"?