Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Karl Dorrell. His WR corps performed even during the shitstorm that was 2016 season. Crown jewel of last year is Ryan Anderson. [Jesus - fuck me.]

P.S. Todd Bowles coached better. At this rate, maybe I will jump ship on this issue. I will have to see how this team fares against stronger competition, but he definitely has his team ready to play thus far.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

For me the browns game will either confirm or start to change my mind about Bowles. Let’s see if he can get this team to play a smart energetic clean game on the road after 2 Home wins against a lousy opponent. Most jet teams would lose Sunday in typical jet fashion. This could start to change my mind

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep.

Losing to the Browns would certainly be the typical Jets m.o.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Bowles will switch to Petty after NE if the record is 3-3. That will only happen if McCown is creamed or smacked around by the Pat D and he gets injured. NE's front 7 looked good against the Bucs last night, so that may be a possibility.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I said after NE is the best time to switch to Petty. I never said Bowles would do it.

6. BomberJet

The best time was at the beginning of the season....after that, it's all a waste of time. McCown's time on the field adds to an already wasted season for Petty and Hack.

It makes it all pointless - we can discuss and guess as to when Petty and Hack will be utilized til our faces turn green but it's Bowles show.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Two biggest SOJ choke jobs in a decade plus. What a disgrace.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets have lower third talent and they are 3 and 4. Not bad.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You had people around here thinking they were playoff bound. No team Bowles coaches will ever see the playoffs. Now the tank is a wreck and the prospects of winning anymore games this season are gone. What do they try and accomplished this offseason? That is the million dollar question. Becuase right now like you said I see the same thing next year. But you can't blame it on cutting bad vibe from the locker room like Marshall, Revis and Richardson.

10. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Jets require gin or whiskey man

FlaJet likes this.
  11. BomberJet

Your're confusing me with some one else.....I only gave them 5 wins but whatever, this has all the makings of continuous mediocrity.

#331 BomberJet, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Think it happens through injury, or when we get to the 7 loss mark which means Petty would start versus the Panthers

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And of course that's the first game after the bye. The problem is that they may still try to claim that they can get into the playoffs with a 9-7 record, and waste the opportunity of the extra week of practice. Would that be stupid? Yes. Would that be something the Jets would do? Sure. And of course even then you're only giving yourself six games to figure things out.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Boozer. Excellent point. The bold in your post is exactly the issue moving forward next season. What we should be accomplishing is developing competitive talent for the future. Determine who has what it takes and is a keeper and who doesn't. It will be a travesty if we don't give our young QBs a shot at showing it on the field. NOW.
    What we desperately need moving forward to 2018 IMO are the following changes
    1- A young HC with vision and strategy. Look no further than someone like the Rams HC
    2- A QB for the future
    3- A DC who actually knows defenses and make real time adjustment on the field. And removes dead wood from the field like Skrine.
    4- Select a stud RB, WR and or LT to help the rookie QB succeed.
    What we don't need Is one more freaking Purcell disciple. It's time to move into the future and not dwell forevermore in the past.

#334 LAJet, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

It's interesting how Todds newfound aggressiveness has really burnt him the past two weeks.

I wonder if moving forward he sits on the ball in situations before the half or going into overtime. It's obvious he can't trust his 15 year vet QB to avoid catastrophie

16. boozer32

Well said LAjet. We could have the best talent in the world but Bowels and Rodgers cannot coach. They are suppose to coach up talent not make them play worst.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. boozer32

Sorry was just generalizing.

18. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Toilet is an inferior HC and he's the reason why we lose games that are essentially CHESS matches? Toilet can sometimes organize a decent game plan. All you need do is look at game plans recently with a lot of new faces in the mix. However, and here is the BIG problem, after the opponent adjusts to what Toilet has thrown at them and momentum shifts in their favor? Toilet is DONE.

I've watched this over and over again. Toilet does NOT know how to play chess. He does not possess a second adjustment by the offense or defense or ST. He looks like a hapless beached whale after momentum leaves the team.

This is why, unless he suddenly starts showing the ability to refocus the team by deciphering X's and O's, I would support him being fired?

I know his coaching has improved since last season, but what he's putting forth right now is still not acceptable. I don't want a HC that is not a difference maker..........

BomberJet and bmfc1 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus a 100...I think TBs days are numbered

But getting to the present moment our real race is to secure that third pick in First Round...here's why things ain't so bad:

Our competition with 9 games to go : Cleveland and SF 0-7 ...they have maybe a 10 percent chance of winning any game..so they are pretty much a lock at picks 1 and two

Ny Giants: 1-6 I checked their schedule. They have SB QB and lost most games by close margin (not Seattle) ..I see 5 wins coming

Indy Colts: 2-5 Good news! Luck is back and practicing this week..more wins a coming for them probably

Bengals: 2-4 Dalton always gets them close to playoffs ...then poof..so they will win

Raiders: 3-4 Not sure what's going on there but Had an emotional 31-30 victory over chiefs...will turn the corner now

Ny Jets : 3-4 ...My goodness ..very sorry but can't see cracking the win column anytime soon with limited talent/Bowles/Kacy

So cheer up..could still grab that 3-13

boozer32 likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You go with what your tean can do, he overestimated his team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk