Todd Heap accidentally kills 3 year old daughter

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jay Bizniss, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I woke up to this story, and am sick to my stomach. As a father to a 4 year old, I couldn't even begin to fathom what he is going through right now. I know there are many fathers on here and even if you don't believe in a higher figure, please just say a prayer for Todd and his family. Hug your children a little tighter today. Stay blessed TGG.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-hits-kills-3-year-old-daughter-moving-truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

What that's horrible, poor bastard

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Our prayers are with him and his family. A heart braking burden no parent should ever endure.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Truly a tragic story.
    As a parent, I can't imagine the grief, guilt and pain he must be enduring.
    My prayers are with him and his family.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Terrible. Just have to always be aware of your surroundings.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wow, no words to describe how he must feel.
    thoughts go out

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

good fucking god.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is what I really hate about our media culture. There was no reason to burden everybody else with this story except to sell advertising.

What a horrible thing to happen to the Heap family and that's where it should have stayed.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Why the fuck was nobody watching the 3 year old kid? I feel so bad for the family, this is unimaginable and probably one of the worst things that can ever happen to a parent... But how do you even let something like this happen???? Sounds like complete negligence by the parents.

I'm sorry for being so harsh, but when these kinds of things happen, it makes me very upset. It's like when a toddler drowns in the family pool because nobody was watching. I couldn't even imagine how bad it would feel to lose my own kid this way. I would never forgive myself and would probably be on suicide watch afterwards. I feel so bad for the family, my stomach is seriously sick right now after hearing this.

#9 Sam Hammer, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  10. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Maybe the child ran up to the truck or something. And poor Todd did not know at the time he hit her. Really you have to feel bad for him. :(

11. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Do you have kids?

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Seriously. You can let go of a 3 year old's hand for just a second to bend down to pick something up, and they're off like a rocket. Mine scares me every day I get home from work. As soon as she hears the garage door open, she sprints straight through the mudroom and into the garage. I have to open the garage door at the last possible second to be able to pull in before she gets there. Then there's the climbing and jumping on/off of everything.

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That's why my stomach was so twisted about this. I guess I overreacted, but in a situation like this you have to at least explore the possibility that it was preventable. I'm not saying it definitely was, but when my kids were that age I was super paranoid all the time and I couldn't see that even being a possibility. I'm probably wrong.

14. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

You can do everything right as a parent, and your kid can still find a way to hurt himself. I remember once holding my son's hand and pulling him behind me as I closed a bedroom door so I didn't shut it on him. What did he do? He went around me to the other side with his other hand and stuck it in the door hinge as I was pulling it shut. I was wondering why the door wouldnt close and whaddya know... his fingers are being crunched in the door. Luckily, I was closing it very slowly, and I didn't break anything... but seriously, wtf...

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NO WORDS beyond sad

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Heap family. Truly awful situation. Can't imagine how he feels. Rest In Peace little one.