Todd Haley-hire this beast?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jonnyd, Oct 29, 2018.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I haven't started a thread in about 27 years but I felt like starting this one since we've been talking about Haley for years on this board. Good offensive mind. Do we want him? Fired by the Browns

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He would make a good head coach here. The Browns are idiots

3. jonnyd

well we KNOW the Browns are idiots

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hmmm. I was wondering in the NFL Forum who the Browns were going to put in as interim HC after the Hue Jackson firing. I guess not Haley.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's a jerk who thinks his shit don't stink.

He'll fit right in.

6. jetophile

Idiots who beat the Jets, lol; but do we really want two Todd's in row? My superstitious meter is going off the charts. Just sayin'.

7. jonnyd

hes a total dick

8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I would be highly disappointed if he became our next HC when Bowles leaves. IMO there will be several better candidates over him.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't rush into hiring him. Not opposed to it, but I think there might be better guys/fits.

NYJetsO12, CotcheryFan and joe like this.
  10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Hard pass.

Regardless of how we feel towards Bowles and his game management, he has instilled solidarity into this team and changed the culture.
    Haley has been dysfunctional with staff and players everywhere he's been. Why anyone would want to bring this type of personality into a situation with a young team and rookie/2nd year QB is beyond me.

This is such a bad idea.

egelband, Harpua, Mogriffjr and 4 others like this.
  11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

That is how I feel. I'd like it if they got him, but maybe someone who doesn't rub everyone the wrong way.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They USED to be idiots.... They just got rid of Jackson so at least they know when to cut their losses.. OTOH the jets......

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Haley is a total prick but I he'd be the best offensive mind we would have in the building in years if not ever (LOL). I want us to find an offensive minded coach who can actually SCHEME guys open. Watching the Chiefs or Rams play just makes me jealous, Reid and McVay both scheme guys WIDE open every week, Todd Haley is one of those guys that knows how to scheme, but his attitude is a major factor to consider.

14. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Browns are such a dildo organization. At times, it makes the Jets look sound. Wouldn't it have been prudent to hire a coaching staff to mold your young QB for years to come? Instead, keep a dude with 2 wins over 3 years, and then fire him and the OC half way through the first year. Genius!

I bet they went to Haley to take the interim job, he scoffed and was shown the door. No way you willingly put Gregg Williams in charge of a team, that dude is nuts.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Its bad luck to be superstitious

egelband likes this.
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Such as Lincoln Riley?

(wouldn't mind the jets looking at this guy)

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  17. rockyusmc2003

He just turned them down publicly. But yeah, someone that could be around for a couple of years!

18. jetophile

Good one, but Strega in spirit, so ya know . . . My Mom's family, only they'd never admit the Strega part or what it was because of that Catholic thing. I still step on silverware out of habit whenever I drop it on the floor, I never turn a loaf of bread upside down, and you never cross your knife and fork over your plate no matter what etiquette tells you. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Wearing a corno (goat penis) next to religious medals, what's so wrong with that? Well, we just don't talk about it, it just is. Gotta double up so Saint so and so will protect my ass. Oh, and someone has to give you a corno for protection, you can't buy it yourself. LMAO, Pagan as fukk, but um, Christianity isn't. OK. I guess that's why both of these things get along so famously side by side without both sides openly admitting what they really are.

#18 jetophile, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    egelband likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Browns hired John Dorsey as their GM who fired a unsuccessful HC quarreling with a temperamental OC who was also fired. Yeah, compared to how the Jets are presently run, the Browns are indeed ahead of the curve. I would wager the Browns will be in the playoffs quicker than the Jets if no changes are made in our present leadership. You might remember Dorsey as the guy who along with Andy Reid created the new juggernaut that is the KC Chiefs. Give Dorsey the same 4 years that Macc has had and lets see who the idiots really are.

20. rockyusmc2003

We'll see. He brought in Haley a month after he took the gig in Cleveland, and decided to stick with Jackson. Not an amazing couple movies in my opinion. Also not comparing to the Jets situation, that's a whole other shit show.