Todd Bowles new Jets HC per Schefter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2020? Well since everyone seems to think McCarthy is a neanderthal when it comes to the modern NFL, it will be interesting to see if there a new McCarthy on the horizon in a year or two or the Caveman McCarthy that Mehta's minions hated.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

My reaction to us hiring Bowles...

Sometimes we just don't know. Gase isn't the sexy pick but maybe he is the right one

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nobody is a slam dunk choice on the level of Parcells. Parcells is a Top 5 all-time team builder - and the rules have changed since Parcells rebuilt his teams into contenders. It is likely even he would not be able to just come in and do it again. That said, McCarthy is a slam dunk choice on the level of the Harbaughs, Tomlin, Reid, Payton, and Carroll (I'm sure I'm leaving somebody out) - he's won a Super Bowl and he consistently wins his division and makes the playoffs.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

glad i never seemed to have posted in this thread so I can pretend I always thought it was a bad idea :)

5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Love that this thread was pulled and we see how everyone loved Bowles.

Its a crap shoot. Everyone available was a crap shoot.

Lets get behind this and hope for the best.

I like that he has experience as a head coach and is a QB offensive YOUNG guy.

Buckle up

jetsclaps, LAJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

I'll also add this ...

and this ...

You don't need to be Nostradamus to know when the Jets front office is making a mistake.

94Abraham likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What a dope! Thanks for bumping this. Some posters have said the Jets will slowly continue to bring me down and turn me into a darksider. I think this reaction, compared to my Gase one, shows that it is actually happening. :eek:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

No coach has won a super bowl with two different teams. If we are going with what’s happened rather than future performance, why ignore this?

9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I was confused by the Bowles hire, but took a wait and see approach. I wanted an offensive guy and was confused that we hired a defensive guy after firing the best defensive guy.

10. Unhappyjetsfan

You don't have to discount it. I don't put a lot of stock into it, but if you choose to, that's fine. There are not that many who have won a Super Bowl and then left to go to another team ... off the top of my head, you have Vince Lombardi, Parcells (several times), Jimmy Johnson, Ditka, Chuckie (not really fair to judge him right now, he's only been back a year), Seifert, and Shanahan. Gibbs sort of did it, too. It's a small sample size.

That still doesn't make Gase (who has accomplished nothing) a great selection. If you want someone who has never won a Super Bowl before, pick someone else who is better.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

you have many more decades of misery and disappointment in front of you my young padawan before you become fluent in the ways of the darkside....

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

At least Parcells brought in one of the greatest coaching staffs ever and actually has developed a coaching tree. McCarthy hasn't developed one top NFL coach.

KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I was not wrong.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

A lot of Jet fans are such pure homers (Falco) and love every move this team makes no matter how awful it appears to most other people. I feel it’s better to be cautious and take a prove it approach until these coaches actually prove something.

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Well, that panned out for one dynamite season from Fitzpatrick. Guy always seemed to have one great season on coaching, and then asscrap. We unfortunately fared the same fate.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Hey @94Abraham if you are going to call someone out, don’t be a pussy.

Tag them.

Here, I’ll do it for you.

Hey @Falco21 some pussy is calling you out.

Falco21 likes this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't mind being labeled as a "homer". I was born and raised a Jets fan. I love football and I love the Jets. They constantly provide heartbreak and agida, but that doesn't move me away from the team I have watched my entire life.

I'm a "homer" because I am always hoping for the best. I'm an optimistic who tries to find reasoning and good in things. I try and trust the management put in place and I try and rely on people such as Maccagnan, who have endless more experience around football than I do. But that doesn't mean that I don't accept my faults and accept when I am wrong. I quoted myself earlier in this bumped thread to point out how stupid I was.

I also don't always agree with everything. I disagree with a lot of things, but again, I look for the silver lining and hope and trust the process works. I don't fully agree with the Gase hire, but I am spending time reading about him and everything he brings to the table to help me reevaluate a guy I only know from living in Miami and being near Dolphins football. I wanted McCarthy. I would have been ecstatic with McCarthy, but Gase is our head coach now. And that's not changing. So I need to trust in him and hope for the best.

You can call me a "homer". Or you can just call me a die hard Jets fan that tries to enjoy the ride and constantly hope for the best.

18. Falco21

Thank you for that lol

I didn't see his post and would have skimmed over it had you not tagged me.

Been here long enough to have been labeled many things and "Homer" is not a new one lol

19. Falco21

And FYI, I created an entire thread about how I didn't agree with the Gase hire but have decided to take the same "prove it" approach you have just described.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He’s literally not even close to any of those coaches you mentioned. You think any of those guys wouldn’t have gotten a job? And don’t believe his media bullshit either, Jets were the only team even seriously going after him.