#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Yup ... that sums it up, and it's been an ongoing theme under the toilet bowels. I wanted him fired after the 2016 season. Now it's just like a hemorrhoid that won't heal.

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The one thing that has been saving Darnold is his ability to know where the rush is coming and avoid it even if it means throwing it away (or the occasional poor pass). If he were a pure pocket passer or the typical rookie, he'd be getting hammered play after play. It would be scary.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is a good take. We dominated the first half until Taylor went out. We somehow managed a running game with a completely overmatched o line... and Then mayfield came in and we had no answer. Everyone has a plan until they get hit ... and after that first hit we had nothing.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

You are right ... he should have been benched immediately.

6. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

No ability to make in game adjustments (it appears now that it all fell perfect against the Lions)... why does anybody tolerate this guy.

CBG and LeonNYJ like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In Todd Bowles' last 3 seasons he is 11-24 as head coach and blown 11 games with the lead or tied in the second half. Fire this man.

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I thought Bowles had turned the corner last year, having the team focused on the game, minimal dumb penalties and hard playing. However, last night's display convinced me he still has no control over his players and that can't happen for a coach. To be fair, Maccagnan shares some of the blame. Both Crowell and Johnson are his FA signings and are new to the team, but that's no excuse for that despicable display last night.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I've defended Bowles long enough, this guy is not a good coach

When Mayfield came in, a majority of his throws were seams and out routes, isnt Bowles supposed to be a Defensive minded head coach? why not clog the middle of the field with Adams and dropping linebacker? I understand the blitz mentality, but we weren't getting to Baker, back off and make him read the D as a rookie

He almost threw a pick to Middleton in the endzone (shouldve picked it) bc he made the wrong read

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The game was over when Mayfield came in, since Bowles explicitly said that they had no intention of changing the defensive strategy to reflect the fact that he and Taylor are completely different players. That is to me a fireable offense. I'm not at all convinced, however, that the game plan was so great to begin with anyway - Taylor was brutally bad, and the Jets benefited from that.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Where is that stat of how Todd Bowels compares to other head coaches after 3 years ? I bet no one is posting that today huh ?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Anybody Else

Bowles

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

The greatest coach in the league minus the winning.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Honeymoon is over

101GangGreen101 and CBG like this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If you and @101GangGreen101 is on our side now, can I change the title to "Fire Bowles Now!"

Serious question.

Harpua and Axel574 like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook asked a serious question heres another one now that the distractions are gone " can we concentrate on snowstorms now "

KurtTheJetsFan and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Let's cut our losses now please, we've already wasted enough time. The writing has been on the wall. Nice guy, bad coach. I am tired of this, wasting away football seasons.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Detroit may be are ONLY win this season if the Johnsons keep Toilet around ....plus they are ruining Darnolds confidence

How did they EVER extend TB??

The Band Aid boys must think the fans like the concessions at MetLife more than football..pay admission help the Billionaires turn a profit..pretty ugly ..conning the fans with all their BS and false hope."no mandate for playoffs"...what a joke

Oh wait..I hear there is gonna be a free beer night lol

19. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

I didn't think Bowles did a terrible job, he didn't do good though. I thought game/clock management was okay, the penalties do fall on him IMO. I actually really liked the gameplan, and it would have won us the game if it weren't for those meddling kids.

But overall, not a good job last night, and this season has not been good enough to keep him around. But I would never fire him mid-way through, because the only thing I think his job rests on is whether or not Darnold looks like he's ready 100% to carry this team next year.

I'm a big Bowles supporter, but it is disappointing that we lost to the Dolphins and then Browns--a lot of that blame has to fall on the coaching.

20. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

I'll donate the first buck (and then some) to the fire Bowles billboard. One of you younger, move savvy interweb persons will have to set up the site however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.