#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Intentionally Left Vague"

2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

He coached a goid team to a 10-6 record. Last year he galvanized a team that was predicted to be winless. Fans just have to be patient and guve him a chance. I think he wilk do well with talented players and assistants.

FJF likes this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’m not ready to go there.

He is a very NICE person

But pump the brakes on his HOF speech

His past 3 years have NOT been good

Not talking record

I’m talking planning, adjustments, penalties and W/L

You are what your record says you are.

That being said, I truly hope we go 16-0 and win the goddam super bowl.

I root for success, but I point out failure.

4. Ralebird

Yes, I saw things of concern; if you didn't, you need to take off the blinders. I was concerned that the first play resulted in a pick six - call me clueless, if that makes things easier for you; we're all used to you making things personal in such a juvenile way when someone disagrees with you.

I still have not seen if this was a called play or an ill advised decision made by a rookie trying a little too hard to make something positive happen; one would be of much deeper concern than the other. Because the play turned out to not be a factor in the game does not mean it should not be a concern, especially if it was the play sent from the sidelines. Neither does the questionable use of timeouts which may be explained away by equipment failure. If concerns are not examined and alleviated now they will only be repeated throughout the season when it won't be so easy to shrug them off.

Your closing statement again is simply another childish name-calling exercise especially in light of the fact that these were my words after the game: "I'm very happy to see the Jets played so well tonight" as part of the very quote to which you were responding. That doesn't sound very miserable to me; maybe you're just looking at life through misery colored glasses - perhaps medical attention or an intervention is called for before you hurt yourself.

And, finally I see your comment above that anyone who disagrees with you should "STFU and stop whining about how much he sucks." If that's how you feel perhaps you should go start your own forum for blind homers only.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see Bowles have some success, and hope it continues and grows. We'll see. He still burned all his time outs before the 2 minute warning, and there were a few questionable plays called, so he still has some areas that need fixing. Not trying to throw shade - really - but he still has question marks. Still, it would be great if the light bulb finally went on and we don't have to look for another HC and start over. There were a lot of positive signs last night that show that the long awaited potential is actually there and not an empty promise. Whether they can consistently show it remains to be seen, but at least they have the ability and that's huge.

I think much of this is a direct result of having a FQB. Knowing you have a guy who can move the team consistently and doesn't quit elevates everyone else to step their game up. Darnold may just save Bowles's job.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I'll never be sold on Bowles. Hope it doesn't happen but I fear he will cost us games again this year. I've seen too much evidence over the past 3 years that this job is too much for him. Not that there hasn't been good signs. It's just the bad outweigh the good.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I won't say "never", but I remain skeptical until he proves otherwise. As you said, there are 3 years worth of history vs. one good game last night, and even then there were some of the same old problems - burning time outs; a few questionable play calls - that show he still has some work to do.

But the team DID perform like a team - all three units - and there was energy and cohesiveness I've not seen before, so I'll give him credit for that. If he can continue to get that kind of effort and execution from the team I'll gladly join the fan club.

KurtTheJetsFan and Ralebird like this.
  8. Ralebird

It might have been the blue pajamas.

Cman68 and Dierking like this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think people think Bowles is a quiet non emotional coach, but I have heard he is plenty emotional behind the scenes. He also treats his players with respect and they appreciate him for that. The players play hard for him. I finally think Bowles has the tools to be successful. The roster is young & talented & we have 90+mil in cap space to fill a few holes next year. Things are starting to fall in place. I like in the locker room after the game when he told the team it was all phases of the team that won that game....it was a great start to the season, but we haven't done anything yet. One game at a time, keeping the team from getting over high from one win. Kudos to Bowles for the first game, he had the team well prepared. Keep it up all year & put to sleep the critics that had us ranked #32. The worst roster in the NFL. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for the future of the team, & I hope the team will be successful enough (perennial playoff team /super bowl ) to keep Bowles & Mac. Imagine a FQB, CS, FO around for 15+ years ala new england. That's stability that we have never had. And the type of stability most successful teams have.

#629 BudJet, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    K'OB and FJF like this.
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Bowles is underrated. Two Qb have had career years under him. How the fuck does no one talk about that? His Qb have been Fitzpatrick and Mccown and he went 20-28. Belichick maybe goes .500 with those two. Maybe.

FJF likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I didn't give your post a like Biggs because Bowles never instilled confidence in me(so far) But yes! Just get the guys to WIN and he deserves his money

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He certainly hasn't missed any meals... :)

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not really as I mentioned before, all you want to do is start a petty argument.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Monday was good but every year Bowles has a game like this. The problem is consistency. They look like world beaters one week and complete dog shit the next 3 weeks.

It makes it hard to give praise to Bowles for a game like that when you know traditionally it’s few and far between

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I agree with closing this thread as asked a few days ago.

I don't think there's much of a point discussing potential head coach candidates when our current head coach is under contract and is 1-0 to start the season. Not to mention, even if this were a legitimate conversation, how could we possibly argue accurately when the season started a week ago and we are unaware of any potential coaches that will be available come this off-season, months from now.

It's a pointless conversation and in my opinion, goes against every value we should have as Jets fans. Hoping for his failure or discussing his failure prematurely goes against supporting this franchise and the future of this franchise.

If you want him fired, that's your prerogative, but to have a discussion about "potential" head coaches to hire "WHEN" he is fired as he is under contract, is ridiculous.

Thats my opinion

16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

From the NFL-wide view from 30,000 feet I think Darnold looking like he's arrived on the scene might only be the #2 takeaway from that game. The #1 thing is probably that the Lions have problems. Maybe he'll turn it around quick but this branch of the Belichik coaching tree may not go much of anywhere.

Darnold spotted them 7 points and they still not only packed it in but got their rear ends kicked. How often does that happen in the NFL over the last 20 years?

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

When I was a kid the Lions unis were one of my favorites. Loved Lem Barney.

These look awful.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was a huge Barry Sanders fan. I also felt really bad for Joey Harrington which kinda explained my fixation on Bryce Petty.

FJF likes this.
  19. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

This is 100% true... but since it was the first game of the season I haven't seen any stinkers yet :)

20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

One play? Youre this concerned, took the time to express your concern over an INT? By a nervous rookie making his NFL debut? It was a designed play, anyone who has even the slightest idea of what theyre looking at can see this. The idea that no one throws across the field is written by fools. As Darnold said, he didnt see the S until the last second and shouldnt have thrown the ball. Big friggen deal. Hes going to throw a pick. Every QB does. Its how he reacts after the pick that counts and was impressive. But you can be concerned.

Name calling? Because I think that the negitism showm by some Jets fans is due to a miserable outlook? Because I wish people who just whine to whine should just STFU and enjoy the game. How old are you? I could care less if someone says or better yet when theyve said the same to me. If that tame a comment gets youre pnties twisted you really shokld think about why.

Or how about this, I said numerous times, end it. But you cant. But know you cant stop and just have to type more. T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.