Todd Bowles is Mr. Softee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Too bad Dan Quinn wanted to go somewhere that had much better talent and an actual QB on the roster, Quinn and Bowles to me are pretty much on the same tier, both fine HCs

hornblower likes this.
  2. Nesquik

This thread is a joke, were not that talented were not that talented WERE NOT THAT FREAKING TALENTED what in the holy hell do u want. This team plays hard AF, we literally handled them for most of the game. The same idiots who want him fired are the same idiots who don't realize this roster is bottom 5 and can't realize or appreciate how hard the team plays, how young this team is. Bowles will and should be back along with Mac thank god most of u clowns don't have any say so in the matter. Were 3-3, what exactly are we supposed to be 5-1. If u really thought that we'd be 5-1 by 6 games id really want u pass me whatever in the hell it is you're smoking, don't be delirious. Appreciate how hard and how close these games are because if wed be getting blown that would actually be a worse sign of things to come but were outplaying our talent and overachieving this year, the nerve of Bowles for actually making all these games close lol

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Rex used to do that too. At some point you have to realize that it might not be sticking with players who aren't making plays as much as it is that there is no alternative. We were thin at ILB as it is.

Daryl Roberts and Claiborne played all day. Terrance Brooks and Rontez Miles are safeties. Burris got burned terribly earlier in the year and gave up several plays to the Phins as soon as he was inserted in the first game. Not sure who else we could go to.

Xavier Coleman and Derrick Jones are the other two corners on the roster. Neither have seen an NFL snap on defense to my knowledge.

FJF likes this.
  4. Nesquik

His opinion is wrong fellow dumbass, that comment racist sorry not sorry, OMG u guys are delusional

5. Nesquik

Coordinator called the play genius, do u know how football works lmao

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

His opinion is no more invalid then any opinion you have. Your childish namecalling gets you nowhere.

hornblower likes this.
  7. Nesquik

And racist views deserved to be called out damn that, I don't put up with racists comments PERIOD , and that CLEARLY was one, u agreeing or supporting his comments don't sit well with me. Thats the problem with the world today, u can have an opinion u can want Bowles gone but what he said was out of bounds and i call out racism anytime i see it. U shouldn't be comfortable with the opinion u share with him. Idgaf how it sounds Bowles wasn't hired based his race so u instantiating that we can not be sure about that is just as racist as what that asshole said above. I said what i said and both of u clowns don't deserve me even speaking to either of u Im done with this garbage for tonight.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love it. You call us idiots, and you can't even speak the English language properly. It's "we're" not "were," "I'd" not "Id" and "we'd" not "wed."

Getting the team to play hard is good, and part of his responsibility, but only a part. When his D often sucks balls, chokes, allows comebacks, etc. with all the top picks it has, it's inexcusable. He still can't manage the game or clock, and I'd be willing to be the dumbass sticks with McCown until the season is over or McCown gets injured.

You're the idiot that claims how much you know about the NFL, football, teams, and then prove what a liar or how delusional you are with your posts. Have a nice delusional life.

94Abraham likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You know you have a valid point when you get called out for grammar

10. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

PLEASE GET OFF MY JOCK! I knew that it was a different person. Believe me, or don't but please get off my jock.

I bet that you were really excited that you THOUGHT that you got me with the quote.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles said the team needs to learn how to have killer instinct, I hope he was talking about himself as well because he certainly doesn't have it.

ColoradoContrails and Poeman like this.
  12. Nesquik

You're really getting on me for not putting apostrophe's in certain places, like come on its a message board/forum who really cares but here I'll take adequate time to put them so no one is confused as to what I'm writing even though I'm sure they weren't and you weren't in the first place. Im gonna try to be the bigger person and i was really only calling out those racists comments that i saw above, those are idiots I was really referring to. Look we're clearly never going to agree on this, Bowles has proved to me that he has done relatively well considering the amount of talent that is on the roster.

I just want to see Bowles get a fair shake at this, I'm seeing the glass as half full, you may be seeing it as half empty. I'm a naturally optimistic person and I'm really disregarding those 1st 2 years with Mac/Bowles because we were going all in. I just can't be as critical as you are in my hearts because i don't think the team in all is better than most, so when mistakes happen i don't flip my shit, when comebacks happen i kind of expect them to because we have so many young players playing key roles... so that's just me being a realist. That was being respectful i'd like to see it more on this board if possible, people can actually disagree and have civil conversation.

FJF likes this.
  13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

While I can appreciate that we all want to see our HC flip over a table whenever the team loses, I think that there have been many great coaches who showed a more stoic demeanor on the sideline. Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs are a couple that come to mind. What I look for in a coach are....
    - Does the team show up every week and play hard or are guys mailing it
    - Is the team prepared - meaning do the coaches have the right gameplan for the team they're playing and do guys know their assignments
    - Is the team disciplined or are they constantly committing bonehead penalties (an issue yesterday for sure but Jets have overall been ok in this area)
    - Situational game management - does the coach know how to manage the game conditions -clock, substitutions, weather, etc.

I do think that some of the above are issues for Bowles. All I'm saying is that they are not so severe that the guy needs to be fired...yet.

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

By killer instinct I'm not saying Bowles should flip tables and go nuts. I will say though that sometimes his lack of emotion drives me nuts because I think teams take on the personality of their head coach and although Bowles is surely much different behind closed doors, his public persona is lifeless with no emotion.

To me, Bowles allowed Skrine to get abused out there and could did nothing. Our d-line is having no impact - still nothing. Obviously this is a player problem as well but Bowles has done a lot of stupid shit during his tenure and although I think the team is playing with a lot of heart and intensity out there, these are the kind of losses that will ultimately get you fired. Bad clock management, bad time out usage, bad in game adjustments, inability to adjust personnel and hold players accountable (Skrine) are all detrimental characteristics of Bowles. He needs to fix that in a hurry because I don't think Chris Johnson has any emotional attachment to Bowles. He can easily say Macc can hire someone of his own, or fire both of them.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Does the coach have a long term strategy to his approach. Is the team motivated this year? They seem like it, but that’s not enough.

Not only is his situational decision making suspect but his long term plan for the team is to. What is he actually building?

McCown playing is a joke. It serves no purpose regardless of how well we do, unless we think he is building chemistry for year two as our QB next year. If so, both Bowles and Mac are imbeciles.

His belief that McCown is a good enough QB to justify his being the coach, and he’d rather lose with a losing career QB than be judged by whether he can get a young QB up to muster in the NFL should tell you all you need to know about his priorities and his judgement.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why do I feel like this thread is promoting Cia lis (GOD, I hated that ad on the sidelines years back, how annoying) and the side of some racist ice-cream truck? Had to modify because Cia lis is a banned word. HAHAHA.