Todd Bowles is Mr. Softee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

No, jackass. I knew who I was talking to.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Quit embarrassing yourself.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Welp. Who can disagree with such a well thought out argument?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

This idiot is always smiling

5. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

If he would just show some anger or even some semblance of caring

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. JulesWinfield89

No you don't get to censor speech you disagree with because it takes you away from your safe space

8. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Ditto.

9. JulesWinfield89

Thread title should be renamed Todd Bowles is uncle Remus

That's honestly what his goofball look reminds me of

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The team has been better than they should be, and Bowles deserves credit for that, but if he starts McCown next week that should be enough to warrant his firing no matter how much we over achieve.

If he’s too fucking stupid to know you can’t trust a QB who is so fucking stupid as to throw that INT off his back foot and across the field in your own territory at the end of s game, he has no business being in charge of a team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You sound like a complete dumbass.

Thread title will stay the way it is because Bowles showed how he has been so lax with everything, and also this has nothing to do with the Rooney rule.

Today was a example of how a coach gets fired

sackexchange and JetBlue like this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

McCown will drive this squad to a 7-9 which is bad for us...i doubt he turns to Petty because he will say we still have a shot this year

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The axiom is that you fire the coach because you cant fire the whole team. But in the end, whose fault is that the players aren't making plays, or making dumb mistakes? Where is the accountability? Why is anyone on this team guaranteed playing time? Maybe sitting part or all of a game would wake some of the prima donnas up. I don't know what the answer is because I'm not in the locker room or on the field hearing what Bowles and his coaches are doing, but looking from the outside, whatever it is they're trying to do isn't working. Yes, there has been some improvement in some areas, mainly on the offense - but given that they were predicted to be total trash that's not a high bar to clear.

To me, this is the "decision point" for Bowles: how he responds to these mistakes will tell us whether he's capable of being a good HC.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

How is it not working? We've matched the win total many predicted us to reach for the entire season. We held 14 point leads against the Dolphins and Patriots. Yes. We blew them. Point is though, that we can play with these AFC playoff contenders and many people's AFC representative in the SB in the Pats.

This team has outperformed and in Bowles tenure has been one of the least penalized teams in the league.

No one should ever be guaranteed playing time.

You talk about accountability. Sometimes the players need to be held accountable. They were put in the position to succeed today. We didn't see any glaring coaching mistakes. They just shit the bed. I don't think any amount of coaching can force Skrine to stop holding/getting burned and Darron Lee from standing around like a bystander in pass coverage.

Not sure what you expect from Bowles at times. Players need to make plays.

It's not like we blitzed all first half and they shredded us against the blitz and we just kept blitzing. That was a staple of Rex Ryan. Or we had the running game going and completely abandoned it.

As I said. No glaring coaching mistakes today. We had all three timeouts at the end of the game. The playcalling was pretty good on both ends.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Then why are they playing?

Even if they have no one better, sitting them for a part or all of a game might make them wake up. Continuing to play them just rewards them for lousy play.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

These are human beings playing football, not dogs learning not to piss in the house. There's no lack of effort from Lee and Skrine. There's lack of ability.

I agree. I'd like to see us start to give different players a chance in these spots. But that doesn't mean there's an upgrade out there on the roster. Burris played a lot in the first couple games. He was awful. He got benched.

Skrine had a good game last week actually. He was just terrible today. Sometimes you can only go with the horses you have. Let's see if Bowles makes the adjustment and gives some other dudes a chance next week. I think he will.

17. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Let me guess u voted for Trump?? U guys are funny what can't u take anymore exactly. Rex was the most emotional coach ever is that who u want back here. STOP WITH THE EMOTION argument just because the guy doesn't want to act like some angry clown on the sideline, Shut up and don't take anything anymore, Leave

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

Maybe you're right, but from my perspective I think he stays too long with players who aren't making the plays. This has been his pattern. I get the concept of "showing faith" in your players so that in return they'll bust their ass for you - and maybe that's what we're seeing. But at some point you have to get more than their "busted ass", and if you don't, you sit their ass. I'm not saying forever, but give them a wake up call.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What a sad and pathetic man you are.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And you know that how?
    The same way you know how he was hired because he was black. Dumbass!

#174ChrebetCrunch, Today at 4:54 PM

This was your response to Abraham94 as if he was the one who made the comment about Bowles getting hired because he is black.

Right, of course you did. :rolleyes:o_O

94Abraham likes this.