To Which Team & When Teddy Is Traded?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tampa Bay is a nice trade option me being down here fans are getting sick of Winston's immature ways. Front office could be eager for a born leader like Teddy Bridgewater. Jacksonville too.

FlaJet and BudJet like this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

100% agree. I’d also think Houston (if any Watson setbacks) and Indy (same reason) would be in play.

Imagine if we got our second back from Indy?

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Remember trading Revis which turned into Sheldon with TB? Only to get Revis back? We fleeced them.

Although wouldn't quite be a 1st but just imagine flipping Teddy into a high 2nd that turns into Darnold's next Franchise LT, a Road Grader Center, an explosive RB or heaven forbid an outside/edge pass rushing OLB prospect that works out as Marcus Maye has thus far?

Maccagnan will accept the best offer refaregard if tomorrow or if a

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Teddy is hurting the Jets.

He is forcing Bowles to take VALUABLE reps away from our QB, a rookie who needs ALL THE REPS HE CAN GET and then some.

And what for? So 'maybe' some other team will give up a 4th (instead of a 6th)? Really? The difference between this guy or that guy in next year's draft is the reason we're robbing Darnold of TC reps during his rookie campaign??? Who does that???

Look at Tom Brady in NE. Tom, to this day, DEMANDS 100% of first team reps. He loathes giving up even a single series to anyone. Why? Because every rep in TC in invaluable. Every rep adds to your chemistry with your RBs, TEs, and WRs. Belicheck would NEVER rob Brady of reps so he could showcase a plan-B QB in hopes of getting a 4th round draft pic. NEVER.

Look, Josh McCown is MORE than a capable back up. Heck, half his career was spent holding a clip board. Fine. Give him our clipboard, and give Sam 100% of reps.

The sooner Maccagnan trades Teddy the better.

Sam is our guy....lets start acting like it.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Why stop at a high 2nd? Lets trade Teddy for two firsts and get our pass rusher AND our LT.

FlaJet likes this.
  6. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Kinda funny, but by far the fit that makes the most sense is Vikings if Kirk had some kind of catastrophic injury or the Giants if Eli went down. God forbid (feel the need to say that; injuries suck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Some people will leave no stone unturned in their quest to find things to complain about.

Like how did you even hit submit on this reply? We have a guy under contract that so far is playing well and our potential franchise QB also playing well. First QB can net us a pick or start until the potential franchise QB is ready. There’s 0 sign of the first QB hurting the development of the 2nd QB.

We are going to find a way to whine about that? Christ we are an embarrassing fan base.

TonyFtLaud, Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG The nonsense never stops here. SMH

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't faint, but we agree again! It's amazing, isn't it? Someone actually thinking that Teddy is hurting the team. Simply unbelievable the shit that some people come up with.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I would rather put some of that cap budget to good use and give Teddy a Chase Daniel+ type of contract if he would take it to stay on and compete for the starting job. As stated previously, the alternative to not signing him or trading could be the worst case scenario because he will in all likelihood end up in New England, or for sure with the Giants.

I just read a report a few hours ago that said Uncle Josh might be the one that is actually being dealt and not Teddy. It sounded as if something was already brewing.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

No one is going to trade for McCown & his 10m salary.
    I wrote earlier that the Giants should jump at the chance of signing Ted. And if we don't trade him he will end up in New England as a free agent. I would rather trade him to the Giants than see him on the patriots next year.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Teddy will never sign long term to be our backup. He is our 1 year rental that I hope we can get something for.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to have Teddy as our backup QB, but it's not going to happen. Teddy wants to be a starter.

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

My point on this was have Teddy compete, as in truly compete for the job both this year and next year. If that means he wins out for the next 2 years while Sam gets his feet under him so be it, you won't hear a bit of complaint from me knowing we have 2 good QB's on the roster and the best one happens to be starting.

I know this line of thinking incites outrage among fans for whatever reason, but all I care about is the NY Jets being the most competitive team that they can be regardless of how that manifests it's self.

I think McCown should be given the option to remain with the team in a QB coach fashion (which I think would be ideal), but released in the capacity as a player. I love the guy but 10mil to be a mentor is too much that could be used elsewhere. We could bring in Matt Moore on a vet min to fill his place.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

If no key injuries were to happen to starting QB's around the league, I feel that these two teams are the teams that potentially make Mike Maccagnan offers for Teddy Bridgewater's services.

• Jacksonville Jaguars. After 2017's run Blake Bortles now has a world of pressure on him. With Leonard Fournette and that stick of a defense they feature, they could literally be a game managing QB (who doesn't turn the ball over) away from being a 2018 title contender.

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The fans down here (many Gator fans) are getting tired of his immature ways and with those WR's (specifically Mike Evans) a natural born leader in Teddy Bridgewater could become a breath of fresh air for that TB fan base, front office, coaching staff and looker room alike.

Those are my early season front runner favorites for the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes.

I'm sold and as a Jets fan I'm now All-in on Sam Darnold so if any one of these two QB's fail expectations throughout the first 4 weeks of the season I fully expect Mike Maccagnan to make something happen.

I'll be rooting against both Bortles & Winston from here on out.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

There are pundits out there that rather be sarcastic before they actually acknowledge the fact that our GM in Mike Maccagn has us (as a Franchise) in an extremely low risk - potentially high reward position in regards to the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes/situation.

I can tell you're being sarcastic but your little sarcasm is all for moot. It makes no sense.

Because there is a gigantic difference between asking/hoping for a high 2nd rounder in return for Teddy Bridgewater during a sign and trade when in comparison to that of "two 1st's".

In case you're unaware (probably are) a career 85.1 QB Rating type of QB in Sam Bradford was just recently traded to the Minnesota Vikings not too long ago from Philadelphia; and for a first-round draft pick in the 2017 NFL draft (along with a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL draft). Sam Bradford.

That trade took place 2016.

And in case you're still unaware (probably are) Sam Bradford (like Teddy) also tore his ACL which ended Bradford's 2013 season.

Bradford then suffered yet another injury to the same ACL after being sacked during a preseason game and missed the entire 2014 season.

So as you can tell despite multiple season ending ACL injurues to Bradford, a desperate Minnesota Vikings franchise (Teddy ACL injury) still traded away not only a 1st round draft pick of the 2017 NFL draft but also a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 NFL draft. In return for Sam Bradford.

I literally can not believe that there are still a few fans out there (such as the person that I'm quoting above) that are still so naive on the importance of an NFL starting QB (or what a desperate Franchise is willing to give up for an NFL starting caliber signal caller).

To the point where it's like they lack an understanding of QB trade value.

They're even unaware on what types of returns that a Teddy Bridgewater can net you (in a sign and trade) as an NFL QB with a...

✓ Career QB Rating of 87.0.

✓ Career winning percentage 60.7%.

✓ Career winning record of 17-11 overall.

✓ Career completion percentage of 64.7%.

✓ Along with being a former Pro-Bowl QB coming off an 11-5 record (2015) as only a 2nd year player.

✓ Still only 25 years of age.

I rest my case.

Teddy Bridgewater continues to have himself outstanding preseason performances while creating an even bigger NFL buzz around his name and guess what?

Mike Maccagnan then heads into our 2018 regular season while sitting on an NFL gem in Teddy Bridgewater (up until the trade deadline).

Some fans just so happen to be oblivious to it. I'm just thankful that as a fan I'm not.

#75 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That would be smart as hell! :) Teddy comeback player of the year and Sam FQB..then we could split first team reps say 60 or 70 per cent Darnold and the rest to Teddy

Bates is there to mentor Darnold and so can Teddy

10 million for JM for a team is not so burdensome actually

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This makes alot of sense ..but dont forget Minnisota ended up solving their QB problems paying Capt Kirk mega millions (not the answer imo)

For the Jets if we somehow keep Teddy we will have one of the best backups (performance improving of course) in the NFL

Thats what I call a great insurance policy...not praying your future FQB doesnt go down

Yes Mac will be in great shape approaching the 2018 trade deadline..but what does Teddy really want to do if he is comfortable here? I would keep Teddy until he starts whining for a trade imo

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No matter what, the Jets are going to need 3 QBs.

If McCown is the starter, he will get injured -- this has been his track record throughout his career. So this means Darnold will be in there and the Jets will need a backup for him.

I'm just not sure the 3rd QB will be Teddy. The team has been adamant about having draft capital as coveted equity and they have a viable resource right now to recoup some of the trade losses.

I agree with DefenseWins, I think Tampa Bay is the perfect spot for Teddy. Bridgewater has the maturity and "face of the franchise" attitude they will be looking for after enduring all of the Winston crap.

Edit: I'm looking at Tampa's 2nd in '19 and 4th in '20

19. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

There is no hurry to move Teddy. Let the market play out and see what happens. There's a more likely than not chance that Winston gets into more trouble while sitting out the first 3 weeks. Or maybe another team steps up with a need between now and Oct 30th.

Worst case scenario for Jets is that we don't trade Teddy and have an abundance of QBs for once. That's not such a bad downside.

legler82, HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nothing less than a 2nd rounder if they decide to move Teddy. Bully for Macc to have hung onto his 2019 1st round pick (lotsa QB killers in a defensive-loaded draft and with a restored 2nd round pick he could work on taking advantage of the OL/OT depth in the 2019 draft as well.

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.