To all the haters saying nobody wants to play for this shit organization

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

No. But because Wilk fucked everybody we should get him back. Mo left a gaping hole in the roster that fuck and we need Ealy for depth now.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah mo pulled a haynesworth. got his money and said fuck it. Shit happens. nobody could have predicted that

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You are absolutely right with this post. However, you evaded my post.

My supposition is: Difference makers, MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Explain how these “near top of their respective position players (with regards to metrics)” made a difference on a 5-11 team, please.

Also, please direct me to the specific metrics and the league rankings you are using for the basis of calling me dumb.

Ealy was cut.
    ASJ was cut.
    Davis was let go by the Jets and traded by the Browns.
    Claiborne was let go to sign with someone else.

Irrespective of their “portrayed” success with the Jets, these players were bums. Of course they love being with the Jets because the Jets, with their abysmal roster, afford them an NFL roster spot.

NYJetsO12, Jets69 and 6-10 once again like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

to be fair

ASJ was cut due to injuries and his drinking problem they also had brate who was playing well in his absense and drafted OJ howard in the 1st

Davis wasn't let go by the jets, we couldn't afford to keep him. Cleveland paid him good. he also came back a much better player then when he left here. we let james farrior walk to the steelers and he was decent for us. with them he turned into a pro bowler

Claiborne was allowed to walk becuase dallas has cap issues and becuase he was injured a lot. they also lost some parts of a really good o-line.

NE traded a 2nd rounder for ealy are are known for cutting people or letting them walk despite being talented. They've done it many times before. we don't know what happened. he could have farted in bellichicks office so he cut him

All in all, we picked up players for cheap and made it work. that's a good job as a GM. no stone left unturned.

jetsknicks1 and playtowinthegame like this.
  5. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Once we draft Mayfield and have a franchise QB leading us to the playoffs people will want to play for the Jets.

6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Agreed 1000 percent, it's all lining up for him to be a jet, but a lot can change

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All this argument about a shit team, a difference maker versus a good nucleus, versus near the top of his class type players, is very emotional but at the end of the day the difference between a pretender and a contender is quite simple. To be a perennial contender you need:
    1- A FQB and a HC that can truly make the difference between winning consistently or loosing consistently
    2- A GM that builds a group of professionals that perform their role adequately in support of item one

So until you have item 1 nailed down pat you will be a pretender trying hard to become a contender. Period, end of story. A difference maker in defense or offense without 1 is helpful but not sufficient.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

that is very true while it has happened it's rare a team with a SB without a FQB. I'm not in the camp that bowles sucks, but he needs a QB. i mean the guy had a winning team with fitzpatrick and for all intents and purposes we weren't that bad this year with mccown at QB. both Qbs had their best seasons under bowles. If we can land cousins then use the 6 pic for a playmaker on offense that would be huge

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Your talking about guys that most teams wouldn't want in free agency.They aren't top players....Out of the 4 of them I only see ASJ getting resigned possibly Davis to.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

To be fair, where the fuck is the data justifying a personal attack?

Are we seriously putting Ealy, ASJ, Davis and Claiborne among the top ranks of their respective positions?

Try me. I’m waiting.

Edit: forgive me 101 because I derailed your thread. My point is...of course these guys who want contracts “want” to be with the Jets. They won’t say anything inflammatory to cost them a contract anywhere.

Jets69 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

I don't think anybody is putting them at the top per se, but realistically speaking davis should have made the probowl. he was a top ILB in the NFL for 2017. 6th in tackles, 5 sacks (2nd most of any ILB in the top 50 in tackles) so yeah he is actually

claiborne had a great year, he tailed off a bit at the end when he was playing injured buthe's shown he is at least a solid #1 CB in the NFL. always has been just can't stay healthy. since there is roughly 192 CBs in the NFL and he's in the top 16 or so (average starter at worst) yeah i'd say he ranks at the top

ealy and ASJ obviously no but both have made some plays for us and are young.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don't disagree. I must admit, I'm not a big fan of Bowles at this point. I respect his dedication and integrity but I don't see him as the strategist that can really help us win by moving the chest pieces around. Hope he proves me wrong.
    I'm looking at this years draft and free agency with a much more critical eye. I have some much higher expectations from this team than the same all regurgitation of the past. I think I'll be livid if we don't have a strong candidate QB in our mist come this year. We deserve better.

#52 LAJet, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  13. GasedAndConfused

sometimes you just don't have the pieces. what coach wins without a wealth of talent outside of bellichick and he has as much as it pains me to say this probably the best QB of all time for the past decade. all the other franchises that stayed on top have a ton of talent. for all intents and purposes, talent wise most "experts" had us worse then the browns and dead last in the NFL. overall we werent' a bad team at all. we were in pretty much every game except for a few. we played well this year but had some bad bounces and BS calls. and mccown going down killed the last 3 games.

LAJet likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This may come as a surprise to those with very little experience in the workplace but it is extremely rare for an employee to give other than favorable opinions about their employer, supervisor and workplace when they know that information will be made public. Some will lie outright, some will prevaricate and some will "damn with faint praise."

Whether the Seattle Times is talking to Amazon managers, the Palm Beach Post is grilling Busboys at Mar a Lago, the Detroit Free Press is interviewing marketing people at Ford or the Florham Park Eagle is asking the guy who mops the floor at the local McDonalds workers who value their jobs invariably say what they want their bosses to hear regardless of how factual it may or may not be.

NYJetsO12 and PulseJet like this.
  15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U forgot to mentioned also our HC who appears NOT to demand excellence :mad:

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I wonder how many Free Agents would rather play for Jimmy G and San Francisco, who has over $30 million more in cap room than the Jets, than Todd Bowles and Josh McCown.

We'll find out soon.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

This is an excellent post. Now, it may not be what eternal optimist posters want to read, but it is very true. This Jets team is a rag tag group of rejects from other teams. Mac signed them because he insisted on shopping on the bargain basement rack. And quite honestly they've become good additions to the team?

However, there are zero difference makers in that group or even with any of the draft choices.

I know these other Jets fan so badly want to celebrate the Jets surprising many teams and winning 5 games. But the fact is, there's nothing to celebrate. The Jets are still 5-11 and that record by any standard is terrible.

Centiment, NYJetsO12 and GQMartin like this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Expanding upon that, we have a head coach and offensive coordinator who concede games just after half time.

Never seen anything like it.

19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Boy, do I agree with this. This is another excellent post about where we find ourselves in regards to the HC. He may be the guy that everyone enjoys playing for, but that doesn't mean he's a top flight HC. Quite frankly, from what everyone has seen, toilet is incapable of outstrategizing any team.

Assuming Mac builds this team into a contender, strategizing becomes the difference between winning and losing big games.

So based on what we know after 3 years and not improving his strategizing abilities, what confidence should we have that when he's facing Bellichick with the division on the line, that he'll be able to make a last second adjustment that turns out to be the difference?

NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We'll have all of our TO's..

NYJetsO12, NY Jets68 and Dierking like this.