TITANS : re CUTLER ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Mar 6, 2006.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The game was already over. Barring a defensive score or special teams score there was no way the Jets were getting on the board again. But Miller has to play superstar and run a kick back to give us a win and cost us the #3 pick in the draft. Of course maybe I should cut him a little slack as his fumbles directly cost us at least one game last year, and his ineffectual pass defense contributed to other losses.

2. Attyla

Attyla New Member

Not according to everyone here in Nashville. The only way they do not take a QB is if the top 2 are gone, and if that happens, they will trade down. that is the line here in Nashville

3. Attyla

Attyla New Member

"You play to win the game" And that, I agree with. You NEVER give up. Even if you are out of it, you NEVER quit.

And if you do, you will always quit.

4. Interesting. The question is, is Cutler or Young in their top 2? We could have a difficult decision at 3.

5. Attyla

Attyla New Member

Cutler is off the radar here in Nashville. the titans are looking at young or leinart. They intend to trade down if cutler is the choice at QB

6. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

It does not make sense to take a guy who has only proven...

-That he has a great arm
    -That he is an underdog from a bad program
    -That he is better than that program

This is Kyle Boller all over again. I think both Cutler and Young drop in the coming weeks.

-X-

7. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Seriously why are u a fan when you want your team to lose.:drunk:

I guess its expected being a Jets fan though :breakdance:

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Right on - agree 100%.

Let's put it this way - at #4 the Jets will have their pick at one of the following players: Reggie Bush, Matt Leinhart, D Brick, Jay Cutler, Vince Young. Obviously three of them most likely will be off the board. Whoever the two leftover players are will fill a Jet need whether it is D Brick or a QB (hopefully Cutler IMO). If the Jets don't like who is there they can simply trade down 3-5 spots, regardless of how good Vince Young may be, I'm getting the feeling the Jets new brass doesn't like him and I'm sure they can get a boatful of picks for him if he is still standing at #4.... Whatever they decide to do, I'm very curious.....

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can't imagine Tannenbaum and Company doing anything "outlandish" this year. I see this new group playing it safe. This is their first draft and their decisions are going to be scrutinized beyond anyone's wildest expectations... and they know it.

I see them probably selecting what most major sports writers and draft gurus claim is what the Jets should be doing... the "popular" choices, the most logical ones. So, I don't look for any spectacular, stunning moves or departures from what the general concensus is. From that standpoint, I'm not saying the Jets' draft strategy this year will be boring by any means, just predictable.

10. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

I'll look you up when Miller makes All-Pro in 2 to 3 years. The guy is a stud and when he becomes more familiar with coverages it's ovvvaaahhhhh.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I couldn't agree more. The kid has an arm and seems to have a lot of tools that most QBs would kill for, but he is also a walking excuse. Until he goes out there and wins and makes me eat my words, I say this pick is a bad pick. I'd rather have two other QBs, who, though surrounded by much better talent, also faced much better talent too. Cutler is vastly overrated, and WILL get drafted well above his true value.

12. Except that Boller was a Tedord apprentice, which automatically inflates stock and he didnt jump to 1st round status until about a week before the actual draft.

Cutler is NOT a student of Tedford, and he's had 1st round status since Bowl season.

13. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Thank you.

14. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

You are totally wrong about the talent those Qb's faced-- Vandy is in the SEC-- the toughest Defensive conference in the country. What good defenses did USC and Texas have to play? Name 3.

Vandy had to play LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee and some other pretty good defenses. Please consider this is Vandy we are talking about-- they would have been blown out 50-0 against these teams without Cutler.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Boller didn't jump solely because of Tedford, Boller jumped because he was the star player on a team that resurrected Cal, who had been languishing for a few years. After Akili Smith and Harrington, I don't think teams were lining up for Tedford guys.

Boller jumped because he threw the ball 50 yards from his knee. Still, throughout workouts, ESPECIALLY at the combine, he showed great athleticism. Additionally, Boller came to Cal as a highly touted prospect, and had been terrible. He was a known commodity, and the prospect that he might be finally realizing his potential was too much for teams to pass up.

Up until the Senior Bowl, Cutler was a second round player. Even after the Senior Bowl, this guy's stock is sky high, despite his horrendous performance. To me, he just seems like another brash, big armed guy that will force passes to all the wrong places without a knack for accuracy. I see Cutler as a rich man's Loseman.

-X-

16. Trust me, Cutler was considered a mid 1st rounder before the senior bowl.