Time to Bench Wilk?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 16, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The Revis scenario, you say he was shit because he slowed due to age ?

Well the man should have shown some pride and dignity along with some fairness to his employers and fucking retired after week 1, the money grabbing shithouse.

I just feel it is a strange coincidence that these two injuries that have plagued him all season both clear up at the same time and allow him to look competent at his damned job again, 16m a year and not playing well leaves you open to any amount of abuse, that is the nature of a sportsman's life.

LAJet likes this.
  2. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

The team has 11 sacks this year. One of those was Mo against Atlanta, and it was the first sack by a Jets DL all season. Is he ripping it up? No. Is anyone else? No. Do we have more and bigger problems than just big Mo? Hell, yes.

And why does everyone get all hissy-pissy over how much money a player makes? It's a freaking business and everyone, including all those here, would take more from their employer if they could get it. The problems on the DL are not about what he's getting paid.

And frankly, regardless of whether there's one or four 1st rounders there, and despite all the hype, the DL has notoriously under-produced for a few years now. All we've really done well is stuff interior runs. But a big reason the DB's get torched is because week after week there's no pressure on the passer. From anywhere, not just Mo or the DL. Kacy Rodgers' defenses have been flat out God-awful. How he still has that job is completely unfathomable to me, unless he's married to TB's daughter. And I'd bet my last cimolean that Matt Patricia, Keith Butler or Wade Phillips could make this a better defense in a matter of a few practices.

So I'm for getting off Mo's ass and getting to the real problem, rather than just one of the symptoms.

#82 LarryAlRalph, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Red Menace and BomberJet like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Because people think everyone gets lazy when they get a contract.

Nevermind the fact that he broke his leg and wasn’t the same off the line. Then this year he had a bum shoulder that is only recently been good enough to use his best move aka the swim move...

Now he still has a sore toe but that’s not as major. I bet we see Mo continues to be better. Go figure as Mo goes, Big Cat has been just as good last two games.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The entire DL has 1 sack and this was supposed to be the strong point of the defense...is it shit coaching or getting rid of Richardson that has made it such a joke?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

At least he has a story for his agent to tell anybody who will listen after ge gets cut next spring.

K'OB likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The injury did not clear up. He's still day to day and may not play this Thursday. It's been several weeks since he has been attending weekly practices - didn't practice at all and played against he Falcons.

7. K'OB

It cleared up enough for him not to just play pat a cake with his opposite number then, because that is all he had been doing until two games ago.

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Anybody here who claims or proposes that Mo , in some miraculous fashion decided to recoup his injuries and play his heart out because the coach alluded to resting him for a game, is complete and utter nonsense, period , amen.

Has anyone here have inside dope to prove that Mo is not injured or has been attending practices???? I would like to see it.......but I know I won't.....so please spare us the innuendos.

Grant it, I'm not making any excuses for his not getting sacks to measure up to his salary expectations, but I'm not ever going to doubt a player playing hurt if it is what he says it is.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah just read it, perhaps Wilk wasn't healthy or didn't show it. But, I don't think this was due to poor performance, the guy ain't practicing at all.

He's definitely playing better tho, he more than likely won't be under that cap figure next season, but I expect Mo back next year.

10. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

If he's back next year, I doubt he's playing with the same contract. It's just too restrictive to keep him.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He played better last week seems like its week to week. It would be so Jets if Cooper gets time after signing.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's not some crazy conspiracy theory. Mo has slowly started improving as they slowly heal. It's not like he's suddenly 100%. He's not even there yet. He's getting better as he heals. You don't just have a choice between completely healed and not healed at all.

#92 Sam Hammer, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  13. K'OB

I think your name is making you slightly bias tbh :rolleyes:

Anyway plenty of other posters think the same, so go and take the issue up with them as well, I only ever see you re-quoting, I am of the opinion if he was so unfit to play like a bag of shit then he was not fit enough to suit up and should have been placed on IR or benched until fit, maybe if they hadn't played him "unfit" for 6 games then his injury would have cleared up faster say three games instead of 6 and we would have had a fit and firing Mo back for game week 4 not an 80% Mo at week 7 and 8.

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You trippin' bro

Put the LSD down and step away from the keyboard!

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Wilkerson has been feasting the last 3 weeks. Good stuff from him recently...... Maybe he's back???

blackssmagic, Mogriffjr and Dom like this.
  16. K'OB

Really, you think it was best for him to play injured, or be rested until injury free and then play well, rested he could have been playing at this level 2 games sooner, hardly a drug induced thought is it ?

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay. So then we're past the the notion that he was slacking and that Bowles threatened to bench him and that's why his play got better? Now it's Bowles should have benched him. Even tho Mo wanted to play, and he was obviously Bowles' best option even when hurt, and they did everything they could for Mo to be able to chip in for the team and his mates because Mo was willing to play hurt?
    It can't just be the guy was hurt, and he was playing hurt? Like that doesn't happen.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  18. K'OB

Nobody should play hurt, especially when it means they are irrelevant on a football field.

He played like shit for the first 4 weeks, there is no argument of that, people said he was slacking, others said he was injured and some a bit of both, but what is a fact is, he was playing shit, people who get paid 16m and play shit get criticised that is the nature of sport.

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that if he didn't play hurt his injury would have cleared up sooner leading to him playing better quicker, is that hard to understand ?

And like I said to the other guy, plenty other people commented about him slacking, you choose to double quote me and revive the argument when it was dead for whatever reason with a bizarre reference to drugs, when plainly not playing injured would have been better for him all along.

Great that he would man up and play but ultimately pointless as a cone would have done far more in the opening 4/5 weeks, so in managing his injury he wasn't at full speed, looking like he wasn't putting it all in, which he wasn't if he was managing an injury, in his position playing with one arm/shoulder makes it rather a stupid decision imo but hey I am just a "trippin bro" with rad ideas man.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Excellent post, I believe you hit the nail on the head, Kaci Rodgers is a terrible DC and it shows every week. Doesn't move anyone around to find favorable matchups, Lee is rarely used to blitz the QB, instead Adams is sent to blitz more than lee is.

Funny you mentioned Phillips, I read an article the other day on how he moved one of their DT from the 3T to the 5T and it has made their defense even more lethal then they expected. He has a 6'4 290 lbs DE that can't be handled by one offensive linemen and it's freeing up everyone else to wreck havoc.

Do you think Rodgers is capable of making those adjustments?

That's why Wade will always have a job in the NFL and Rodgers will probably wash out after this stint with jets.

Also the reason why guys get on Wilk about his salary is because he is not JJ Watt dominant, actually he never was but he wanted to be paid like JJ watt, there is a certain level of production that merits that kind of pay and he never will produce at that level.

I'm sure he will be cut next year, based on the body of work, he hasn't produced.

#99 Red Menace, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    LarryAlRalph likes this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, Wilkerson has plaid noticeably better the last 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks I don't think he's practiced much so if we are going to get any production out of him, it'll be when he doesn't practice.

Does this mean he should be retained, I still say no because of his enormous cap number, but we have another 7 games left, let's see how he plays going forward.