Time to Bench Wilk?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 16, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

2. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Interesting-

Bowles said when asked about Wilks status we don't make anyone play that doesn't want to play. Also mentioned everyone is playing a little hurt in the NFL.

Sounds to me like Wilk is a pussy

3. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

MO bitched and moaned about not getting paid. We paid him big!!! Turns into a ghost!!! More money for us after we cut his lazy ass.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

bench him. He's invisible anyway.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Your figures are way off.
    Assuming the cap goes up to $178 mill as predicted , we have around $64 million in cap space not $85 and with Wilkerson's release we come up just under $76 million in space.
    As far as very minimal players to sign , we will have alot of FAs.
    Some notable players
    Enunwa.
    Ealy
    Davis
    ASJ
    Clairborne
    Qvale
    Miles
    Dozier
    Cantanzaro
    Wesley Johnson
    Figure conservitively $30 mill
    And around 20 others who even at $500 k will eat another $10 mill from the cap.
    We're in very good shape cap wise but there are plenty of players to resign and or replace

Jets69 likes this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I just read that Mo is listed as Questionable for tomorrow, with a shoulder and a foot.

Walt White likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Jeffro thinks Mo has his period and Bowles is okay with that.

I'm pretty sure it's his foot and shoulder, and not his pussy, tho. We'll have to wait til game time to find out.

There's some fans beside themselves that the idiot Toilet Bowls isn't starting the Great Ed Stinson in place of Mo. What could Toilet possibly be thinking not rolling with Ed Fucking Stinson?!

#67 Walt White, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    FJF and Jets69 like this.
  8. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

We should sit Wilk a week before the bye and give him two full weeks of rest and recovery work. Could he just be so banged up that he can’t play at full speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Not sit...a few plays/series off...yea.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

read OTC. my numbers are correct we have 64mil next year plus an additional 19mil in carry over form this year so 83million total. I rounded to 85 but it's much closer then your 64 lol.

none of those guys are breaking the bank. many will get smaller deals. only claiborne i can see getting a decent amount )8-10mil a year) everyone else should be 6 or less

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

for all the shit mo played a hell of a game yesterday

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

gonna just bump this for all the shit Mo has gotten this season, last 2 weeks he's been looking like his old self.

Hopefully back for good!

13. TonyFtLaud

Yep.
    Just when Bowles publicly announced he was considering benching him, he miraculously recovers from his injuries.
    Mo was just not giving effort. He's playing for his contract now, nothing else. If we keep him, he will take the season off again next year . If released he will burn who ever pays him.

BrowningNagle and K'OB like this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If somebody is slow from multiple injuries, you guys always claim no effort. I don't get that. People get hurt and when they are hurt they are not as explosive. Fans just can't tell the difference so they automatically assume effort, because they don't know any better. Wilk has had 2 good games in a row now and seems to have gotten that explosiveness back. I know this doesn't fit the narrative for the "Wilk gave up after the contract" people, but come on people.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its an effort thing. It's not about explosiveness anyway. The old Wilkerson used to pursue down the line. He would put those big mitts out and grab runners from behind or chase them down. He would not give up in pass rush.

Since he got his contract he has not been doing that. He has been half-assing it out there and like the poster ahead of you noted - it took Bowles publicly suggesting his benching before he started giving effort again.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I agree, I've also seen WAY too much of this scenario:

Initial pass rush move doesn't work

Stand an arm's length from the O-lineman

Try and bat down the pass

Lazy, no hustle, not worth the money we're paying him

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Funny the injury cleared up asap as he got threat of being benched, you think it is a coincidence it cleared up the very same week ?
    Obviously you do going off your post, I would advise not opening your door to salesmen :p

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bowles never considered benching Mo this year. If so can you provide that link or proof that Bowles said that this year? Cause I saw a headline about that a week or so ago, but it wasn't actually from Bowles mouth

19. TonyFtLaud

It was prior to the Miami game.after the Friday practice when questioned about wills poor practice .
    Quote from Bowles : If he’s capable of playing, we’ll play him,” the coach said. “We don’t make anybody play that doesn’t want to play. … It’s been thought of though ...."
    You can google and search Boles press conferences if you like. You will find it if you do a search.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Remember, Wilkerson received heavy criticism in the off season when he was accused of being out of shape. That should have motivated him just the same. People just put way to much into media drama and effort. If it was an effort issue, why would he care about being benched? It takes no effort at all to sit the bench and he still gets paid.

You honestly think that Wilkerson only played well because of Bowles' statement? He's been fighting through not 1 but 2 injuries most of the year. I'm sorry but that takes incredible faith to believe that it's automatically related. Remember he was benched last year and it didn't help at all. Why would Wilkerson not want to try when he's got $30 or so million dollars on the line if he gets cut at the end of the year? It makes no sense financially and it hurts his future. If he's really all about the money like people are insinuating, then it's contradictory to not try.

NY fans just want to have that guy to blame. They need somebody to crucify. Any time somebody slows down, they aren't trying. People did the same thing to Revis last year when he declined. It wasn't that he was getting old and slowing down, it was "he didn't try". If you put me out there with a group of NFL athlete, I would also look like I wasn't trying in comparison, even if I worked my ass off.

#80 Sam Hammer, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    All Gas No Shake and BomberJet like this.