Time for Randy to Leave

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by EcKo151, Jun 10, 2006.

1. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I know, but when there's an oppurtunity to make fun of an ex-Met that sucked I'll take it.

Btw, Mo Vaughn sucks.

2. GreenMachine

Randy and Arod....I have one thing I want to show you....[​IMG]

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

The guy is a liability each start...He gets run-support, he gives it right back...Spot him 3 runs, he'll give up 4...His location, fastball, slider have all diminished as we can see...But man!

Do I really want this guy pitching in the post-season if the Yanks get there? I'd be swaying towards NO, he's shown nothing that will make me change my opinion on him...And with the fans and media on his ass every start, deservingly so, I can't see any reason that he'd snap out of this.

He just cannot handle New York.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I don't know about all that now. AL MVP, excellent transition from SS to 3rd, one of the best players in the game, still relatively young...

Now I know his clutchness isn't exaclty good, but that's not a reason to show him the door...

5. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

This year he's been playing like an average 3rd baseman. For $25 million I expect a top 5 3rd baseman. I dont want to bash a dead horse with this whole clutch thing but we all know he's been worthless in the clutch. His fielding hasnt been great and his hitting dissapears when we need it. he's sucked so far this year. I would gladly get rid of him and take the money back.

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

This is his 3rd year as a 3rd baseman, and he's still very good there...Last year he was great at 3B, now he's tailing off a bit...And for the Yanks paying him $17 million, that's a bargain...

I wouldn't get rid of a guy, who the Yanks aren't paying the full amount, who's only 30 years old and still has alot of baseball in him...

Randy, is just done.

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

IMO, he hasn't been the MVP-caliber player because of the lack of clutch hitting and inconsistent defense... but as you said the door is not where you want to send him to right now. The lineup would look mediocre if he left for good, especially since Matsui and Sheffield may be done for the year.

8. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Not trying to sound like an ass but for $17 million I consider him a bust so far.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Considering Randy is in his 40s I doubt it

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Erickson would give you about a 6.50 ERA at 500K, Johnson gives you a 5.50 ERA at $16M. I'd rather have Erickson going into an off-season, extra $15.5M to play with.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have no Problem with A-Rod.
    Randy on the other hand, I never wanted him here.
    Now, it seems as his age is showing 2 fold.
    Just watching him pitch, He's stiff like if he just can't throw anymore.
    He was always a slingshot type pitcher so the typical mechanics do not apply but even with that , he looks like he just has nothing. Almost praying with every Pitch..

12. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Yikes... at least with RJ you have a shot at him picthing well. I think you guys need to see Erickson over the full course of a season (or even more then a handful of innings) to truly appreciate how bad he sucks.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'd much rather go into an off-season with Erickson under contract for near minimum, than Randy under contract for $16M. That's not even an issue.

14. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

Okay, but what kind of criteria is that... I'd rather go into an off season with 99.9% of the players in the league then a $16million RJ for a number of reasons. Today... I'd rather have RJ then Erickson.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That's a bargain for the caliber player that ARod is.

His 1st season was pretty good .286 36 HRs 106 RBIs, 13 errors.

2nd season, AL MVP....321 48 HRs 130 RBIs, 12 errors.

I don't see how that doesn't justify his salary...Those are very good numbers, with one great season.

Now he's hitting .286...Now you can throw out the clutch stuff, and i'll give you that...But he's definately not a bust.

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

All we're saying is...Erickson can do the same shit performances that Randy is doing, and it's not because we like Erickson, he sucks...But the same for Beam or Phelps...They can do these horrible outings.