Tim Tebow's all time NFL records (man this guy SUCKS!)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Jul 28, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

These records were posted by http://kgov.com/tim-tebow-nfl-records

and Adam Schefter http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...non-making-history-week-adam-schefter-10-spot

its not me you need to argue with , take it up with them and the NFL

I am not saying he is a great QB but think about all the clowns on these boards that say he will NEVER be good (so definitive after 16 games LOL). For a QB that will never be good, he sure has A LOT of all time records in just 16 starts.....

Tim Tebow’s NFL League Records

Longest TD run by a rookie QB in NFL history (40 yards against Oakland)

When Denver won at San Diego in Week 12, Tebow had 22 rushing attempts, the most by a quarterback in any game since the merger in 1970.

When Denver beat the Jets in Week 11, Tebow's 20-yard touchdown run with 58 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter became the longest game-winning touchdown run by a quarterback in the final minute of the fourth quarter in NFL history.

When Denver won at Kansas City in Week 10, Tebow became the first quarterback with more rushes than passes in a game since Joe Ferguson did it for Buffalo in 1974.

When Denver won at Oakland in Week 9, Tebow rushed for 117 yards and joined Norris Weese as the only Broncos quarterbacks to rush for 100 yards in a game.

And when Denver won at Miami in Week 7, Tebow helped the Broncos become the first team in NFL history to win a game when it trailed by 15-plus points with three minutes remaining.

Most yards per completion in a playoff game: 31.6 against Pittsburgh in 2012.

Most 30+ yard passes in a playoff quarter: Tebow was the first NFL player ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40. And this was against the 2011-2012 Pittsburgh Steelers rated #1 in defense in the NFL in various, especially relevant categories.

Fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game: According to the authoritative Bleacher Report, Tim Tebow is the only quarterback in the Super Bowl era to throw for 300+ yards in only ten completions.

Only quarterback to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game: since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 according to Bleacher Report for 51, 58, & 80. Even outside of playoff games, this feat happens only once in a blue moon, as throwing three 50+ yard passes hasn't been done in any NFL game in over twenty years.

Longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime: 80 yards, and in the shortest overtime play, 11 seconds, almost a minute quicker than any previous NFL postseason overtime.

Fastest to six game-winning drives: Against the Chicago Bears, Tim Tebow earned a Super Bowl-era NFL league record with his sixth game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime in just his first eleven games!

13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks: By way of comparison, John Elway, two-time Super Bowl winner, second "most-winningest" NFL quarterback ever, one of the NFL's all-time comeback kings with a great combination of game winning drives and fourth-quarter comebacks who earned his sixth fourth-quarter comeback after 29 games, had won after trailing in the fourth quarter by 13+ points twice in 16 seasons. For this amazing Tebow NFL record, he overcame a 13 or more point deficit in the fourth quarter twice in his only first four games.

Most yards per attempt in a playoff game: Tebow threw for 15 yards per attempt against the Steelers.

Best-selling NFL Jersey: Tebow's #15 became the best-selling NFL jersey when he was drafted, the best-selling ever for a rookie, and has remained among the highest-selling jerseys and in January 2012 is second only to Green Bay's 2011 super bowl winner Aaron Rodgers. [Other Very UNRELATED Jersey Record: See below for $10,000 paid by Bob and Doug for two football jerseys.]

Tim Tebow's Denver Broncos Records

Most passing yards in a playoff debut: 316. (This media-dubbed playoff win of "biblical proportions" led to the 3:16 quarterback getting around the NFL ban on eye-black messages with the media spreading the word of the John 3:16 game with Tebow's 31.6 yards per completion for coach John Fox and back office exec John Elway, and the last quarter Nielsen ratings were a record-breaking 31.6 for a playoff game, with 42 million people watching the game, more than doubling the NFL playoff average of 18 million viewers. Also, a million people now know the NFL record for most yards per completion in a playoff game. How many people were aware of this stat before Tebow’s win against the Steelers?)

Highest postseason rating: Tebow’s passer rating was 125.6, the highest in Broncos playoff history.

#1 CowboysFan, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Pretty good for a 3rd string QB (according to a few morons on this board) :p

Tim has a lot to work on, but it's stats like these that drive my rage for when people say he can't play in this league. It's ridiculous!!!

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I still hate him for that game. I take no solace that he played like absolute dog shit for the other 55 minutes.

My thoughts on Timmy....... came to the worst place ever to develop a QB. Not including he is a back up, or even 3rd string.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

all of the thoughts, opinions, hatred, gnashing of teeth, wailing, discomfort, will NEVER change the fact that "the scrub" averaged about an "NFL all time record" per start.

That is a fact.

5. joolander

joolander New Member

Fuck Tebow he's not that great. I can name 20 better quarterbacks in the league. Until he wins a championship by himself then come talk to me.

If he's so great then why did the Broncos go after and get Peyton Manning?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

6. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Pretty reasonable standards there, dipshit.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All that got him traded to be a trick play QB/ punt protecter.

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm sick of this line of thinking. By the same measure, if Peyton Manning is so great, why did he get cut by the Colts? What a front office does from a business standpoint does not always have a direct factual correlation to a player's abilities.

Here we go again. Are people not allowed to post positive things about Tebow in the Tebowmania forum? You are a Jets fan, right? Why not just say, "wow, didn't know he did all that!"

If someone posted all of Revis' or Sanchez's records in the main forum do you think any of us so called "Tebots" would feel compelled to write negative comments?

You guys are really fucking annoying and childish.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, I was aware of all these records. It's actually mind-boggling that people say he is terrible. How can you have so many records in so few games and be considered a bust?

Great post.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Are people not allowed to say the facts about Tebow? FYI. I did know about them records and I could careless about those type of records if the are Revis,Sanchez,Tebow or any other player. All I care about is win and losses. Imo I think Sanchez is this team best chance to win it all, if I'm wrong and Tebow takes over the starting job and win us a SB. I will be the first one on here to say I was wrong. I'm "fucking annoying and childish"? For stating a fact?

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No, you're annoying and childish for coming in every post and saying "Tebow is a terrible QB" all day everyday. You're annoying and childish because you have nothing positive to say. You're annoying and childish because you don't respect other peoples' opinions.

We all know you don't like Tebow's QB game. Thanks, move along.

If all you care about is wins/losses, then you should like Tebow because he wins.

Anyways, back on topic once again...

The records Tebow has in his first few starts indicate to me that he has a tremendous upside.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Sanchez 2 of his 3 years in the NFL he took his team to 2 AFCCG. Would u call that a winner? I don't respect other people opinion because I don't think Tebow a good QB? All you Tebow nuts are the same u want to post stats about him but as soon as someone says a fact about him u don't like it.

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

plus most of those records has to do with him running. In case u didn't know QB in NFL win SB with there arms not there feet. Tebow is a beast at running the ball throwing it is where he sucks.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

What is the fact? That YOU don't think he is a good QB? Is that now a fact because you have that opinion? All your "facts" are subjective analysis of your own views. The "facts" were posted by Demo9, in the form of actual and real records Tebow owns. Then all you do is come in here and opine on how he sucks.

As far as Sanchez, we are not talking about Sanchez in this thread. In no way do Tebow's records last year have anything to do with Sanchez. If this thread were about Sanchez's records and I jumped in talking about Tebow's records, then that is a different situation all together.

I don't care if you like or hate Tebow. Just don't see why you have to come in and shoot down any positive threads on him like it's your job. Be objective for once.

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

So ur telling me at this point in time Tebow is a good NFL QB? The fact is he got traded and is a back up QB/ pass protector/wild cat QB.

#15 #1 Jets Fan, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
  16. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

For the record, I like Tebow. I think that he adds a lot to our offense, but he is not an NFL QB yet. Maybe he will never be, maybe he will develop over time. He certainly works hard. But as of today he is not.

Because NFL teams do not want their QB pretending to be a running back. This is not a stat to prove that TT is a great (good?) QB. Runner, maybe. QB, no.

that is because he is really a RB. Brad Smith +.

Again, running records for an NFL QB are meaningless. NFL QBs are not paid to run the rock.

This record is not a good thing.

Again, not a good thing. Do you know why QB don't run for 100 yards? Because they can pass.

Didn't see the game, so I can't comment. Turnovers?

Tebow does throw a nice long ball. I will concede that. Unfortunately, that is it.

Again, the long ball is his only shot. Throw it really far and hope your receiver makes a play. In his head he is Tebowing after he throws it.

see above.

One play, so what.

He has game winning drives because he stinks through 3 1/2 quarters. If his defense keeps it close, then he has a chance. He did make plays in that situation, so you have to give him props for being clutch, but some of the circumstances surrounding those comeback wins were ridiculous. If you are counting on those kind of miracles each week, you are going to be disappointed.

See above

Good game for Tim, but the Steelers gave up the back end. Bad defensive strategy.

All irrelevant

This is part of why people hate the Tebow circus. This is football. Leave your religion out of it.

As stated above, good game for Tim, but for this stat, your sample size is ONE game. Really?

Again, I like Tim. He is a great FOOTBALL PLAYER. he adds a lot to our team. Currently he is not an NFL QB. Maybe someday. Not today.

But he is "EXCITED".

#16 SI_Jets_Fan, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Some of these are cool. The rushing ones are reaching since they all have "by a QB" tacked on. Don't really see how more rushes than passes in a game, or most rushing yards by a QB, or most rushing yards by a QB for the Broncos really prove he is bad/good. They are unique records. I don't think prove good vs bad like Sanchez was the first QB even to win back to back OT games on the road. Doesn't prove he is good or bad, just a unique record.

Never heard of yards per completion before. Usually YPA is the one stated. Still a cool number.

How does Jersey sales prove good vs bad?

Curious about the last one. You mean highest QB rating in a postseason game or for the whole postseason? I'm guessing game?

These are cool numbers but about a third to a half of them have no relevance in a good vs bad argument.

18. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Gonna be honest I didnt read the whole post, I read up to the the part about the pittsburgh playoff game so Im just gonna comment on the ones above that.

Thats all well and good, definitely good things that happened. But those are not records. Everyone is a situational stat. Thats one reason I hate baseball announcers, every game every night they find a way to fill time with these situational bullshit.

"this is the first time a switch hitter has hit a homerun in his hometown after striking out the first 2 times up, once looking once swinging, and eating a bologne sandwich for lunch."

It very well may be true, but take away all those bullshit stipulations and all thats left is that it was just a homerun...

Which like I said, is still a homerun so good for Tebow, but none of those are a record.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All the rushing titles are VERY meaningful. Hell, Tebow blows Vick out of the water. So what you say? So every defense Tebow plays against MUST stack the box to prevent a 40yrd ramble for 6 points. Or a 1st down on every 3rd and 6.

So what? Who cares if defenses stack to box to stop his runs, he can't throw anyway. Really? Bring in his second stat line of having the most deep balls of anyone in NFL history. Ask Pitt how that worked out for them.

Look, he has bad footwork and a bad throwing motion, which means he ain't no Tom Brady, and never will be. But then again the Jets beat Brady in the playoff only to have Tebow beat the Jets the next season. Go figure.

If Tebow ever does figure out the QB stuff, he could be very dangerous.

20. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

If my aunt had...