Three Year Point Deficit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Jan 2, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they knew from practice petty isn't the answer. just because you start a vet QB doens't mean you aren't in full rebuild.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Continuity.

Process.

Everything is fine.

We like Todd.

JetUp.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Name those teams that dropped their coaches - bet they've been with them for at least 4 years?

4. BomberJet

I'm not at all happy about Bowles being retained either as I have repeated here many times ad nauseam . He has drawn much criticism over his game planning , clock management, player handling, stoicism, etc etc. But you know what? There's nothing you or I or the President of the United States can do dam 1 thing about, so get the f%ck over it!

What is it that you or any one else is going to say that's going change? This is really comical to here this whining and moaning and bitching about what can be done about.

You can amass a crowd of Jets fans and parade around times square - Bowles will still be the head coach
    You can drop flyers from the sky over Metlife ' saying Bowles mus Go - Bowles will still be the head coach
    You can write to local congressman and state that you want Bowles fired - Bowles will still be the head coach
    You can buy several cans of spray paint and graffiti all the walls in your neighborhood - Bowles will still be the head coach
    You can cut and paste all the stats you want about how bad the Jets were statistic wise - Bowles will still be the head coach

The bottom line is , this team is still missing some very good talent in certain key positions to make it VIABLE and LOGICAL to blame Bowles for its sorry ass record the last couple years.

Of course I don't need to remind you that Bowles DID WIN 10 games with the Jets his first year with some decent talent?

Sorry to vent but I'm in a raw mood today.

#24 BomberJet, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  5. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

The question I always have when reading these discussions is: Who is the head coach everyone wants?

Who's the mysterious genius level offensive mind that going to take us to the next level? Todd Haley with his 19-26 record as a head coach? Is it Josh McDaniels with his with his 11-17 record? Oh wait a minute... it's the hot shots in Philly, Frank Reich and his 0-0 head coaching record whose been a coordinator for 3 years pair with John DeFilippo whose been a coordinate for a total of 2 years and a QB coach for the rest of his career.

What indicators have been shown to think these candidates will perform better? Because they're offensive minded?

BomberJet likes this.
  6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The unknown is always going to be more attractive when the known has back-to-back 5-11 seasons. But drilling down deeper, TB had a very successful first season that most people were encouraged for season 2 under his watch. Unfortunately, everything that could've gone wrong did and the toxic personalities that co-existed during good times ruined any any sort of locker room unity. Season 3 was a complete tear-down/re-build of a roster that TB had very little to do with.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nope! Only Chuck Pagano - six years. Most were gone in two with a few around for less. The other teams were:

Buccaneers - 2 years
    Titans - 2 years
    Giants - 3 coaches in last 3 years
    Rams - 3 coaches in last 3 years
    Dolphins - 2 years
    Bears - 3 years
    49ers - 3 coaches in last 3 years
    Browns - 2 years

8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Wow by the stability rankings the jets and the bengals must be model franchises! I bet they have so many Super Bowls!

9. BomberJet

Once you get in the 2-3 year coach changing syndrome, it looks like a death spiral. Most of those teams had personnel issues, especially at QB.

10. BomberJet

Marvin Lewis has been with them for what, 15 years? And not 1 playoff win. Go figure.

11. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

He is a walking mediocrity. Imagine keeping bowels for 15 years

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No no no.... he's the perfect example of what stability brings to a marginal organization. I can see Chris Johnson keeping Bowles around another 15 years without winning anything. After all, he is Bowles' biggest fan.