Thor - Ragnarok!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Nov 5, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When the movie began, I felt like @Cman60. Slowly, but surely, the movie won me over though. It was a fun ride. It's not great, but it was a fun movie. You could argue that it is actually better than the first two Thor movies though. Everyone did a good job. I love Jeff Goldblum, so I found his character to be fantastic. He is a hilarious human being. I don't think they balanced the seriousness with the comedy well enough, more like 80/20 comedy, but that's okay. Dr. Strange was definitely forced and Loki was kind of wasted. I find Loki to be one of the best Marvel characters, period, so wish he could have done more. Overall, it is a solid B+ movie though.

With Justice League remaining, here is how I would rank the Super Hero Movies of 2017:
    1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Logan

I probably enjoyed The Lego Batman Movie the most though. Haha.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Natalie Portman drained the life out of those first 2 movies IMO, but this hands down the best Thor movie out of the 3. Still not the best MCU trilogy as Captain America holds that one so far.

MCU is definitely peaking, if they can get fantastic 4 / x-men and somehow incorporate them into MCU then I think MCU's reign will continue.

JetBlue likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Pretty solid. Wife and I went for Tightwad Tuesday. Just solid all-around movie.

4. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Loved it here. Probably one of the best movies I've seen this year haha. Then again, I'm biased as a kiwi and the kiwi director left so many gems in there.

Minor spoiler(s):

The scene with Liam Hemsworth playing Thor, Matt Damon playing Loki, and Sam Neill playing Odin, hit the spot. And the Willy Wonka experience hahaha.

Definitely on the comedic side. If you liked this, you should check out Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Same director, similar comedy, and a lot of familiar faces. The chase scene with the Grandmaster's bodyguard, Topaz, was funny to me because of that previous film.

@Cman60 I'd argue more a Kiwi invasion in this film than UK, mainly because of the director (who voiced Korg).

The Dark Knight likes this.