This may be a blessing in disguise

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by John, Feb 5, 2017.

1. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

I actually thought it was a reasonable argument calling it luck when a journeyman WR catches the ball with one hand and with his helmet and with Harrison hanging on his back. How many times does he catch that if he tries ten times? One?

And I come to this forum because it's the only reasonable (believe it or not) AFC East forum that I've found. Pats you can't even read, Fins looks like it was made in the 90's and do I even have to talk about Buffalo? I'd rather talk to Trump supporters than to Bills fans. Well... maybe not.

And to be clear, if I have a favourite team in the AFC East it still is the Dolphins. Has been that way since 1988. No need to get your panties in a bunch for no reason. And once more with the clock running and no time outs, the pass was the right play. If he doesn't get in with the run play then you are screwed. And Wilson had never thrown a pick at goal line, so that was the last thing on their mind. Screw up the run and you'd be screaming "why didn't they throw on second down!". Hindsight is always 20/20.

2. CountTheRings

CountTheRings New Member

The Patriots will still be in good shape when Hoodie and Brady retire in my opinion. This organization is set up for many years to come with the way Kraft runs things.

3. We keep turning the other cheek to the cheating & this will continue to be the results. If we're gonna call BB's formula "Genius" then we need to include the overwhelming amount of evidence suggesting there is significant infrastructure in place beyond stealing a few signals & deflated balls. They have earned 0 benefit of the doubt w. how they conduct themselves & Kraft has said himself it helped win games by 1%. Well.w. how many SB games alone they've won by the skin of their teeth...that 1% is significant.

They downplay,posture & even ridicule...and we hesitate to condemn b/c we wanna think better of it...b/c it seems so amateur & ridiculous...which it is. But what is it gonna take for us to open our eyes & call it like it is. Even a god damn compromised federal investigation wasn't enough...

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I suspect the only way we will know the full extend to what is going on in Foxborough is it soemone is double crossed or is dead broke once leaving the team. A tell all book from someone with access like "the deflator" would blow the roof off and destroy their legacy. I think the biggest point people ignore in the deflategate thing is that Kraft was instrumental in the CBA that gave Roger so much power. Keep in mind Martha was bed ridden and dieing but Kraft couldn't allow the other 31 other owners to handle it, he had to be there to stick up for his buddy Roger. His behaviour in regards to his wife i find disguisting on a personal level and the fact he put that much authority in the commisioners hands should completly negate any compalint he or the Pats* have in this situation.

KurtTheJetsFan and kevda5n9ne like this.
  5. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

This what it has come to, folks. This.

6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

It was always about this. The rest of the league hated the commisioner long before deflategate. When he was railroading everyone else Kraft kept on stating to stand by the commisioner. Suddenly the Pats get railroaded and your fan base act like they are the originators when they were literally last to the party. This has been the worst part of this entire saga, this false sense of victimhood when the Patriots have been protected since day 1 when Roger destroyed the tapes.

DDM, HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  7. You made your bed..you laughed off every piece of evidence,quote & peril over the last decade...now lye in it.If it's all so ridiculous & far fetched..you should have no problem passing by..no?

DDM likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Robert Kraft had the league commissioner over to his house for dinner the night before the AFC Championship Game, ​

9. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

Actually, Seattle had 1 TO left. What happened was Seattle was counting on NE calling a TO to stop the clock, but BB didn't do it. He threw that responsibility back to the Seahawks and basically said "You still have to score, I dare you to do it." IMO they panicked, and called that pass play, and the rest is history. I would've run that 3 straight time, including a QB sneak.

You have to give the Cheaters credit, but you also have to realize that both Seattle and Atlanta screwed the pooch with bad calls late.

JetsVilma28 and Jets_Grinch like this.