This may be a blessing in disguise

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by John, Feb 5, 2017.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Brady is the greatest of all time. No doubt. But I cant help but think he and the Pats have had incredible luck too. The Pats last 2 Super Bowl victories came from two horrific bad calls. Seattles' pass play at the goalline and now the Falcons empty backfield pass play for a sack while in game winning field goal range. My wife could have told you to run it up the gut 3 times to bleed clock and kick the winning field goal. What pure luck the Pats have!!

When is that goddam luck going to run out???

matt robinson 17 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

There are no blessings and today is a sad day. The Pats win it all while we wallow in the mud, again. It's going to be a long offseason.

greaser, sackexchange, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Brady has 3 more rings in him, there ain't anyone else stepping up to dethrone him. But yeah, when he's gone, the Fin's will be beating us up for a dozen years or so, then the Bill's we be on top again.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry ..gun to my head Ill take Quinn over Bubba

Atlanta only got feet wet in a SB while NE has come to expect playing there

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

#alternativefact #alternativeNFL

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I hate the Jets.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Riiight. Let's be real, we all know that Brady will suffer an injury and Garapolo will come in and play better than Brady.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As a passenger blimp sails by the Twin Towers.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I don't think he meant anything by it.
    He was being over dramatic about the dumpster fire season and suggested suicide for the fans.
    Things need to be taken with a grain of salt this time of year, especially this year.

#29 greaser, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You did see that 4th qtr. performance by Brady...yes?

Hate to say it...but..

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. He's the best ever.. but that would typify the Jet's luck over the past decade+.

12. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Not sure why you believe that. Belichick will groom his successor and then watch him win 3 Super Bowls from the luxury box with Kraft. He will sign a UDFA to become the next Brady Jr.

Until Kraft and Belichick die, the Patriots will be the division winner, and our daddy.

13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Waiting for the departure of Brady and/or Belichek is worthless. Jets should instead focus on being a good football team. They should take the 2016 season as a lesson in a variety of ways

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no arguing with that, but the Jets are like that school kid who slept through lessons and then wonders why his life turned out shit.

kevda5n9ne and grkmanga31 like this.
  15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Yep, for example, Jets have drafted a defensive player for 8 consecutive 1st round picks and yet our defense still sucks. When you invest 8 first round picks on defense you should have a 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, kinda defense. Instead we have a "vaunted" defensive line, no EDGE presence, and a bad secondary.

kevda5n9ne and Peebag like this.
  16. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

David Tyree says hi. Or doesn't that count as luck? Also Kearse catch was pretty much luck as well.

I understand the "run three times" crowd with Atlanta, but Seattle didn't make the wrong choice. They ran on first down and lost their last time out because of the long catch. If they run against the goal line package and don't get in, there's like 20 seconds on the clock and no timeouts left. Lose a yard or two on that play and you are screwed.

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Agreed on the last part but them losing 2 GOATS over the next 5 is a bigger blow

18. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I wouldnt classify Tyree's catch (or Edelman's catch last week) as just luck. Some luck, particularly with Edelman having Falcon DB's leg under the ball, but also incredible skill.

That Seattle pass was not the right call. Have Wilson rollout and give him a run/pass option. Throw it away if the play is busted. Or go wide, spread out the defense, then have Wilson stunt and or run Lynch up the gut. Anything but what they did, which didnt make sense.

Look, the Pats make their own luck, and take advantage of other teams mistakes. No questioning that. Kudos to them.

But Pats fans coming onto a Jets board looking to challenge statements from Jets fans a week after a historic Super Bowl win is just more confirmation of what douchebags Pats fans are. I get your butthurt over Tyree's catch, but you are the most blessed fanbase in Football and likely all of sports. Just thank god for the success, keep your mouth shut and leave us in peace. Oh, and GFY.

kevda5n9ne and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Like Kevin Harvick said about Jimmy Johnson, Patsies have a golden horseshoe up their ass

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The blessing is that burning elvii will never show up here ever again. That's all I got.