This isn't on Bowles or the players. This is on Woody.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Why can't a rant and conviction occur at the same time? OP is a rant but I also have a firm conviction about Woody for a while now. And I mentioned my feelings about Woody even after wins in the past. And I have no problem saying Woody is the problem even if we win next week.

2. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I agree, it's on Woody, he's the highest in the chain of command and bears the responsibility for whatever happens. He should've recognized Bowles is just playing for his job, he should've recognized he's not interested in the future of this team, he should've demanded a certain approach to the team. I really don't think the team is that bad talent wise, again, I'm all for doing what Rams did. Hire a young offensive minded gun who can coach a QB, draft a prospect and go all out. And even if it turns out bad, at least you know you had the guts to try.

Greensleeves, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

That you... I have never see this stiff go over to a player that missed and assignment and coach him up. Yet I have see BB do that many times. If the wood bros had any smarts, they would tell Mac you run the team and make a decision about QB and coaches.

I said TB would stay if this team continued to show improvement... yesterday's game was a major step back and one can argue that the team has gone as far as it can with Mac at QB (I mean he is what now 1-4 last games) ..besides that, think about the # of penalties, missed assignments and just piss poor Coaching decisions, if we see it so does every opposing coach and I would hope out management.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree regarding Bowles and your first two paragraphs.

In your third paragraph, where you speak of not brining in a new HC in the midst of a tear down year, I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but why not. I would think HCs would want some say in who stays and who goes. Some of the players cut may have fit his systems, and with all the new, young players it would seem to me to make more sense to let the new HC who will be here for a while shape them and the culture, rather than the HC who already has one foot out the door.

I also totally agree that Woody should have changed the pecking order so that Bowles reports to Mac and the rest of your last paragraph.

5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Bowles. Mac I happen to think is doing a decent job at this particular moment.

Bowles has now lost 4 out of the last 5 games the Jets have played. In every loss I think the difference was coaching.

NYJetsO12 likes this.