this is the reason why we need to draft offense in the next 2 years!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jhsensation10, Feb 26, 2006.

1. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

how sick would this team be: only writing 1st 2 rounds

this years draft.. trade down from #4 and pick up extra 2nd and 4th round picks.. draft RB white with 1st, then draft OG giles with 2nd then draft C mangold with 2nd.. still have tons of picks left for other needs on defense

next years draft.. trade up to get brady quinn with 1st and 1st from this years ABE trade, get best OT available in 2nd round

starting the 2007 year season:

QB: quinn
    HB: white
    FB: askew
    WR: coles
    WR: mccareins/cotchery
    LT: jones
    LG: giles
    C- mangold
    RG- moore
    RT- BPA in draft (winston, trueblood, FA)

that would be the youth infusion this team NEEDS offensively in order to be competitive in the next few years.. and this would be so much better than drafting just cutler or ferguson without trading picks..

not to mention we still have ABE as bait.. maybe trade him for a 1st next year to combine with ours to get quinn..

not to mention the fact that this would cost a ton less than drafting a high pick this year since thats the new theme.. dont overpay and draft solid players that will be cap friendly..

we can draft quinn next year bc we are taking penningtons hit this year.. please do this front office.. i may even write them a letter.. any one see any loopholes or disagree with me?? let me know before i send it in.. thanks

2. Amaru

Amaru Well-Known Member

*sigh* you'd think that they would eventually learn...

3. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Expect less. I know I do.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol@ so many people banking on quinn. theres no gurantees folks see omar jacobs bout that

5. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

for those who are starting to believe the trade down, get a RB and OL for the #4th pick.. ive been saying it forever... we cant afford a QB this year with penningtons situation.. we can next year...

6. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

282 views and 3 replies.. none of which actually agree or disagree with the post?? jeez

7. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I kind of like your ideas, but again as i have posted in 2 other threads, im not comfortable with a rookie RT on our line, im comfortabe with rookie guards though.

The most important part in protecting a QB is his peripherals, they are not focused as much in their peripherals because they are busy looking at their targets, and with alot of tackles being busts its not sitting right with me. (Robert gallery, mike williams so called sure shots)

But guards i dont mind because their in the line of sight of the QB and can react quicker if they're about to get sacked, leading to a lower % of the QB getting hurt.

I do like mangold. And any guard that going to be picked up in the second or third.

No QB this year, maybe next year.
    We should try and get ramsey becuase even if he isnt that good he is a backup, and what if he becomes great for us? And we draft a qb this year, we will be stuck.

8. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

First off...Gilles will never drop to the 2nd round...He is a late first rounder at worst...Abe will be traded but for a late #1 or early #2 this year...This is the time for the later picks not next year...This year has the deep OL draft and this year we are in the top 5...And why would we waste a #1 pick on a RB??? When we have soo many other needs...Martin, Blaylock, Houston can do the job this year behind a patched up O-Line. We get Cutler/Gilles(Late Abe Pick)/Mangold or Eslinger with our 2nd...O-Line is shored up add a late RB pick possibly depending out what we do with Blaylock...YOU DO NOT RE-BUILD AROUND A RB...They age (Football age) too quickly...Next year after seeing how the team does this year we can go for a RB or hope for a late steal in this draft...Also NT is way ahead of RB in my mind