These are the reasons why I'll be pulling for the Steelers today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HighFlyingJets, Jan 15, 2011.

1. HighFlyingJets

Of course the only game that matters is our Jets-Patriots game. As we all know... without beating the Patriots, none of this matters to begin with.

But, since the Steelers & Ravens are on the verge of going at it, why not have some fun with it? I'm expecting a war between these two.

It really doesn't matter which team we play, because both the Steelers & Ravens are extremely tough.

I'll be pulling for Pittsburgh, because the Steelers have always been a storied franchise. So much historry there. Nothing would be better than New York beating Pittsburgh to advance to the SB.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since 2001, the only 3 AFC teams to win Championships have been the Patriots, Steelers & Colts. Can you imagine the Jets going through all 3 of these teams during our road to the SB? 'Respect' would be the word that comes to mind.

Also, can you imagine the type of media coverage that would surround Sanchez after beating 3 SB winning QB's in Manning, Brady & Roethlisberger? Has that ever been done before?

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yes, the Saints did it. They beat teams quarterbacked by former Super Bowl champions Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Peyton Manning last season.

3. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Pulling for the Ravens...if the Jets win and the Ravens win I'm heading down to Baltimore.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

C'mon you know and we all know that list isn't as good as what Sanchez would accomplish since 2 of em are pretty much done and Brady & Rapeles are in their prime.

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

don't really care either way. If we roll the pats. we are locked for the superbowl for sure. I guess I prefer Steeles simply cause it would be cool to beat 3 superbowl mvps on the way to first jets superbowl in 42 years

6. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

We already beat the Steelers. I want redemption for week 1.

7. Brick

Brick Member

I want the Ravens. Mainly because I can't stand any more "We've Got 6" obnoxiousness here. Be careful about asking for the Steelers. They didn't have Troy when we played them and they may have Aaron Smith back for the AFC Championship (though it's more likely he will be out).

The Jets match up far better with the Ravens. We have a better chance to run on them. Yes, their O-Line is better than Pittsburgh's, but Rapelisberger works best when he scrambles anyway. I think the Jets can shut down the Ravens running game better (49 yds in Week 1 versus double than against the Steelers).

Both teams are older. I think this plays into our (and the Pats) favor going into the AFC Championship.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wasn't arguing if it was better or not. I was only pointing out that it was done already.

9. HighFlyingJets

I know I may not list them all, but I'm about to try and name some big name players from both teams. In my eyes, I think the Ravens have more talent.

Ravens offense: Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Heap, Mason, Houshmandzadeh, McGahee, Stallworth and McClain. Talk about offensive fire power. Great left side of the line as well. Franchise LT in Oher, Grubbs is a really strong LG, along with a great center in Birk.

Steelers offense: Roethlisberger, Mendenhall, Wallace, Ward, Miller, Randel El, Moore. Maybe I'm missing a WR or two, but I just like the Ravens weapons much more. I know of Scott, Kemoeatu, Flozell Adams and Pouncey on the O-Line. Really good offensive line as well, but I gotta go with the Ravens O-Line (just from what I know)

Now... On the defensive side of the ball I cant even judge. I've tried, but I love them both.

Ravens: Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Gregg, Landry and McClain.

Steelers: Polamalu, Hampton, Harrison, Farrior, Woodley, Timmons, Smith, Taylor, Clark.

Well, I guess I gotta go Pitt's D?

10. osully55

osully55 Member

my thoughts exactly. especially considering how winnable that game was if the offense was awake.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I respect the way both teams play football, I'm gonna enjoy the game objectively and not really root for one team or the other.

12. HighFlyingJets

It was an amazing feeling getting revenge against the Colts, for last years loss during the AFC Championship game inside the dome.

But it would be an even greater feeling getting revenge against the same Steelers franchise that eliminated us from the playoffs back in I believe 2004. I've wanted a rematch with the Steelers ever since. Doug Brien blowing two game winning FG's has left a bad taste in my mouth for years now.

The season opener hurt because of all the hype heading into the season; but the playoff loss to the Steelers crushed me like no tomorrow.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Beating Manning, Brady and Roethlisberger in the same postseason would probably be considered the greatest post season run EVER.

Of course Giant fans would love to debate it but who cares.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ravens got a 4 point gift in a 10-9 game.

We needed ST scores to beat Pitt.

I'd rather avenge the week one loss to the Ravens.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

And then beating an up and comer (either Ryan or Rodgers)

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nice how the Jets have been placed in prime time last week and this week. IF we win against NE, make it 3 prime timers in a row! Im sure jets/balt or jets/pitt will get the sunday game next week over any product the NFC can put on the field.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't pull for anybody but the New York Jets.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Fuck this, let the Jets win and then I will give a fuck which team wins tonight's game.

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

+1 :jets:
    filler

20. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I feel like Baltimore is more likely to lay an egg. Their defense is inferior to Pitts and Joe Flacco has this tendency to suck when it counts.