The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FYI Wrestling today at noon from Saudi Arabia-----crazy but true

2. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

It was an okay show. The best part had to be Titus entering the Royal Rumble.

Poeman and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It was as good as David Akers was yesterday.

4. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I don't know how many people still watch wrestling, but Roman Reigns had to give up the Universal Championship. He was diagnosed with leukemia. Hopefully he is able to make a full recovery.

The Dark Knight, CBG and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. NYJalltheway

Thankfully I have not seen any trolling, or disrespectful comments. I hope he gets better ASAP. Damn shame.

The Dark Knight, CBG and jetfan59 like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I watched last night and I was going to post this but fell asleep,,,,,,very sad news I hope he can get the help he needs and somehow beat this ,prayers for him and his family.

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, get well soon Roman! He gave a great goodbye promo last night. Hopefully he beats this and makes a 100% recovery. I hope he will be back soon and better than ever. BELIEVE THAT.

As for Ambrose turning heel at the end: Terrible job by WWE. Those fans had been through enough last night. Roman announces he is leaving, then you break up The Shield with Ambrose ambushing Rollins? I felt really bad for the fans. It was terrible and terrible television. I get the show must go on, but that was in poor taste. I would have been fine with it next week, but last night? Awful. They should have been refunded.

NYJalltheway and CBG like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TDK....not only the fans but I felt bad for Ambrose and Rollins,,,,,,,that had to be tough on them as well

9. NYJalltheway

Like always, so well said tdk.

I was texting a few buddies saying the exact same thing. It was piss poor taste.

Shame on them for using a real life awful situation to build kayfabe heat. I'm the last person to get all pc, and whiny about stuff, but I was really taken back by that. Just pathetic.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hopefully 15 guys didn't show up with a bone saw to the event. You just never know when the Crown Prince will make someone don a fake beard and parade around in public wearing a WWE belt to cover their tracks. No politics, I know, I know.

11. The Dark Knight

I was at Raw tonight. Probably the worst go home Raw I have seen, let alone been to. The main event was freaking Baron Corbin vs. Rey Mysterio! Rollins-Lesnar was cool, and it was nice to see Batista again, but it was overall pretty bad. So many big names missing this year. Big focus on Ronda Rousey-Becky Lynch-Charlotte Flair too, but it was odd. All of them being fake arrested.

Not too excited for Wrestlemania, but yes, I will watch.

CBG likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

Get ready for an 8 hour show. I knew reading your post would be spoilers, but idc. I'm about an hour into the show, and I'm paying more attention to my ps4 instead.

The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just finished watching it and its safe to say the card tonight was as boring on TV as it was for you in person.

14. The Dark Knight

Hey, those are not spoilers. More of a forewarning for you! :D And yeah, a longer mania with less quality matches? Can't wait! :)

Yeah, ridiculous. After it went off the air Ambrose came out. He got a bigger pop than most of the people on live tv did. Weird night. Haha.

15. NYJalltheway

I'll have to moderate my drinking on Sunday, or I'll pass out by the second piss break match.

I wonder why they didn't use Dean on tv. Do you think he's off tv for good now?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

Yeah, Ambrose pointed at the Wrestlemania sign as if he is going, but I am not sure what his match will be. Maybe come to Roman's aide if need be or something like that.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Mohammed Hassan comeback? :p

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Anybody watching mania? It's been okay so far, last year's was better. I thought the Samoa Joe squash of Mysterio was really stupid. They could have at least had a semi respectable match. I wonder if something went down behind the scenes or somebody got injured. That was just weird.

Kofi won the title in a decent showing. HHH vs Batista was enjoyable. It was also cool to see old school style Cena actually dissing people like he used to before they turned him into Mr cheesy.

And how did Torrie Wilson make the hall of fame? What a joke...

#3098 Sam Hammer, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    alleycat9 and NYJalltheway like this.
  19. NYJalltheway

Rey has a serious injury. That's why it was short.

Jets_Grinch and Sam Hammer like this.
  20. The Dark Knight

I thought it was a really good Wrestlemania. Much better than I expected after attending Raw on Monday. I really enjoyed both Wrestlemanias at Met Life Stadium. Batista and Triple H delivered. As did the women in the title match main event. Kofi and Daniel Bryan was probably the best match of the night. I also liked Lesnar demanding he start the show since he couldn't end it. That was surprising. Cena returning with Word Life was also entertaining.

NYJalltheway likes this.