The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Name your 10 current favorites in WWE.

2017 WWE Top 10:
    1. Seth Rollins
    2. John Cena
    3. AJ Styles
    4. Finn Balor
    5. Shinsuke Nakamura
    6. Brock Lesnar
    7. Dean Ambrose
    8. Roman Reigns
    9. Randy Orton
    10. Chris Jericho

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

For right now only? Jericho doesn't really count then.

3. The Dark Knight

Yeah, 2017 I wrote.

4. NYJalltheway

Mine changes a lot, and I'm kind of annoyed with the product right now, but I'll give it a shot.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Does the WWE of today have any "gangs" like the Four Horsemen, NWO, Wolfpack, Nation Of Domination or D-X of yesterday years?

That's why i loved Stone Cold Steve Austin as a "lone wolf" and those stables is what made wrestling fun for me to watch (both WWF & WCW).

Always reminded me of a bunch of 1980's biker gangs and you never knew what to expect or what was coming ala members turning on one another out of nowhere etc...

6. NYJalltheway

No, there's tag teams, including one with 3 guys that used to be really popular, and great to watch, but they've kind of gotten more boring as of late.

There's one possible faction being started right now on Raw but it's bleh. There's teams of women against each other on smackdown.

7. NYJalltheway

1. Jericho. All time favorite.
    2. AJ Styles.
    3. Braun Strowman.
    4. Lana.
    5. New Day.
    6. Miz.
    7. Breezango.
    8. Sami Zayn.
    9. Alexa Bliss.
    10. The Hardyz.

Hm. Neville, Cesaro, American Alpha, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, KO, Rollins, Reigns sometimes.

It's super hard to do a list because my opinion shifts based on the story, momentum, promos, and matches.

#3027 NYJalltheway, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Man. That's sad to hear. And may be a reason why it just seems watered down for me (from an entertainment stand point).

Because the "gangs" a.k.a 'Stables' made wrestling so much more fun to watch with the likes of thr Four Horsemen, NWO, Wolfpack, Nation Of Domination and D-X all causing havoc back stage along with clashings inside the ring.

Speaking of tag teams the likes of The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (who would burn and spit on American flags), The Brain Busters and the Russian Team were a little before my time but the likes of The British Bulldogs, The Nasty Boys, Harlem Heat, The Outsiders, The New Age Outlaws, The Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers were all my era growing up and then later on came The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz and also Edge & Christian. Those were all classic tag teams but my All-Time favorites were The Road Warriors of the Legion of Doom.

[​IMG]

But I'd have to say that The Mega Powers with Hulk Hogan & Macho Man with Mrs. Elizabeth were the G.O.A.T.

[​IMG]

Man. They really don't make these guys like they used to, do they?

I remember as a kid maybe 5-8 years old my mom always got me the wrestling action figures of the 90's such as...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man. A trip down memory lane. So many childhood memories of mine.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I remember the WWF wresting games as a kid on regular nintendo & super nintendo too. The Royal Rumble one's. And then the No Mercy one's on the 64 with 4 player mode were the last one's we played. Man. Me my older brother and two older sisters would go at it for hours on end with our created players and walk in entrances lol.

[​IMG]

10. NYJalltheway

I had both of those games too. Royal rumble for snes was my first Wrestling game. All the 64 games though will never be topped. Wcw world tour, wcw nwo revenge, WrestleMania 2000, and the grand Daddy of them all, No Fn Mercy.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea. Those were fun times without a care in the world.

I have a PS4. How are the wrestling games for the newer systems?

12. NYJalltheway

I have a PS4 too and have lightly considered every once in awhile of getting one of the wrestling games, but I just can't convince myself I would play it. The last one I played was probably 2k11 or so, and it was fun actually.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

I have been watching the new Seth Rollins DVD. It's pretty good, but really did not need to be made yet. Haha. Breaking up THE SHIELD was the most interesting part. Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns did not want to. They were happy where they were and felt they had 1 more year in them together. Vince called them in his office and said Seth is betraying the group tonight. Ambrose stood out already as a crazy guy and USA Champ, Reigns was a powerhouse but they felt Rollins wasn't standing out. The move changed that. I remember watching that night thinking it was ridiculous. Especially after just dominating Evolution at the PPV, but 3 years later it has clearly worked out pretty well.

14. NYJalltheway

I remember being mad myself because of how unrealistic it was. Like you said, they totally dominated evolution, and there was zero reason to break up. It made no sense, and they're right, they did have a bit more time to keep it rolling together, but it was ended early, and all 3 men have had good careers so far after that.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

Agreed. I guess the only positive with ending early is THE SHIELD can be looked at as one of the greatest groups ever. Showed up, dominated, then ended. Never really had a down moment.

16. NYJalltheway

That's one of the main things I would tell Defensewinschampionships to watch, along with the yes movement, and the summer of punk.

17. The Dark Knight

Say a prayer for the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Just saw he is in the ICU with heart issues. I know he has a 30 for 30 coming out on ESPN. Hope he lives to see it.

Poeman, NYJalltheway and alleycat9 like this.
  18. NYJalltheway

Oh no. That would be a huge loss.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not watch summer slam yet,,,worth watching or pass ?

20. NYJalltheway

Main event is worth it.

Poeman likes this.