The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

one of the worst PPV's in recent history imo

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah it was. I had a hard time actually paying attention. None of the finishes were memorable, and the booking was unimpressive.

4. JohnnyP123456

I don't understand the logic behind Charlotte losing her PPV streak(thought it would for sure end at WM) at one of the lesser PPVs. It really diminished it for me. Reigns/Strowman was an extremely good match but having a clean finish was a questionable move. I also was switching between the ppv and tv. No interest.

After last week's Smackdown Live! Miz and Cena segment, I already am more invested and interested in the potential Cena/Bella vs Miz/Maryse WM match than any of the story lines on Raw.

5. NYJalltheway

The only thing on raw that keeps leaving me wanting more is the JeriKO feud. I will add that the cruiserweight title match was good last night too.

Miz and Cena are both very good in promos, so it's not surprising that the feud is off to a good start. I like how Miz explained why he attacked Cena the previous week as well. Starting feuds without any logic gets old fast.

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I got something for you assholes, holy fucking shit. The sound the thing stuck in the guys head makes when they pull it out. Jesus Christ. Fast forward to the 27 minute mark.

7. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

8. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I went to a few shows at the old ECW arena back in the day. When it wasn't gratuitously gory, the actual wrestling was pretty good.

9. ChrebetCrunch

You didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict the length and outcome of that match.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Road to Wrestlemania started this week and actually has a pretty impressive line-up so far:
    -Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship
    -Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
    -Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens for the WWE United States Championship
    -Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
    -Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for the Raw Women's Championship
    -Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker
    -AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
    -John Cena/Nikki Bella vs. The Miz/Maryse

I actually like it! Thoughts?

11. NYJalltheway

I don't really like it. The Jericho Owens match should be for the universal title. We're going to have 2 part timers going for the main belt, in the main event, and it surely won't be longer than 5-7 minutes. Awful. Aj is going to face Shane? Jfc. Orton shouldn't be in a title program in 2017. The tag and woman matches for both shows look boring.

On to more optimistic thoughts... Neville Aries should be great, Taker vs Roman could be interesting. Roman has become a much better worker, and I hope Taker is in shape for the match. The build to Jericho Owens has been golden. I'm extremely invested. I'm happy there are a lot of matches. I know it will be a long show, but it's good that pretty much the whole roster will be on the card.

I wonder what Rusev, Zayn, Braun, Balor, and Joe will all do. I hope these guys all get something to do besides the memorial match.

I watch every week, and watch what culture too, and grew up in the 90s, so my expectations are almost never met.

Despite all the complaining I just did, it's still Mania, so I'm really excited to see how it turns out, especially with Angle probably being on the Raw the next night

12. JohnnyP123456

I'm expecting to be very disappointed at the booking in the summer for Raw. It seems like they are setting up Brock v Roman for the Universal Title at SummerSlam. No just no to that
    It's bad that the most over performer is a 46 y/o who is supposedly going to be taking time off in the next few months.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. NYJalltheway

That's exactly my point with why the best feud in the company should be for the universal title, not the U.S. title.

I guess I'll be rooting for Reigns in the summer, at least so the main title is actually on the show every week.

14. NYJalltheway

Anybody watching Mania?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

it had its moments , but I was a little disappointed,,,,ps Reigns vs Taker should not have been last match and 2 matches happened before 7, the rumble and Dean Ambrose .

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Farewell Taker.

That fight sucked, Roman stinks...passing of the guard, how? Dude cannot promote a lick in the US. I think its the Asian market that likes Roman, he is terrible the whole gimmick and his personality sucks.

Some good moments throughout, but overall very meh.

Bring Kurt Angle back though and I'll watch again.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Mania was better than I expected, but when you expect a train wreck, that doesn't say much. Save for the Tag Ladder match, everything was very predictable. Typically the first post-Mania Raw is better than Mania itself, so I'm hoping Raw & Smackdown step up this week.

I can't speak for the pre-show, because I was unable to catch that.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. ChrebetCrunch

Roman Reigns is never going to be a mic magician, but he does have the size, look, and athleticism to be an elite talent. He would be better suited as a man of few words, or with a mouthpiece like Paul Heyman. Lesnar does very well on scripted vignettes, but he is awful on a live mic. Reigns is the same. He is adequate on scripted vignettes, but is too boring and corny on a live mic. Fans aren't booing Reigns as much as they are booing the way he is booked. I remember how gaga the IWC was with Reigns when he started his singles career.

I would love to see him go back to his Shield gimmick where he just comes in from the crowd and beats up baby faces. He can even recruit a couple of jobbers to be his henchmen. He would grow tired of their ineptitude and replace them every few weeks.

19. NYJalltheway

It was 3 matches. Neville and Aries had a good match too. It was the first match of the afternoon.

I enjoyed Taker vs Reigns tbh. At this point in time, Taker is too old, and Reigns has become a stellar in ring performer. I'm not the biggest fan of the character, but it was the right booking decision.

Angle will be a regular on tv very soon I'm sure.

The Hardyz was clearly the highlight of the night.

There's not much else to say really.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My 2 favorite matches were Styles-Shane O Mac and Rollins-Triple H. Both done very well and fun. Besides the commentary wasting everyone's time talking about Rollins' knee too much, it was the match of the night with a great ending.

I am a big John Cena fan and he clearly had his WORST WM ever last night. It was embarrassing to watch. Clearly showed his power within WWE for them to even allow him to be wasted in that match and then fake propose to his GF.

Reigns-Taker was bad, but if anyone watches WWE, that is how Taker has wrestled since about WM29 vs. CM Punk. He always looks pathetic, exhausted, out of shape, yet somehow wins and it is kind of annoying. So for them to do a realistic send off actually made sense.

Goldberg-Lesnar was pretty good. Goldberg got in 3 spears, and made fans think for a slight second he could win.

Overall not a great WM, but as a poster said earlier, my expectations were pretty low. My one complaint: wasting Ambrose on the Pre-Show. I feel he is a top talent and they barely use him. Not sure why.