The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont really see the raw/smackdown split working at this point unless they do something along the lines of what was mentioned above with them being separate other than a few nights a year.

i never got into smackdown and always felt it was the second player to raw, it sounds like it will still be that way. they would be better off to put nxt on thursday nights and cut the raw show to 2 hours. maybe they can incorporate the women into smackdown so they dont hvae to waste 20 minutes of raw on them every week.

they also need better storylines for the lesser characters, seems that 80% of the roster has no real teeth so far as their character and the other 20% dont have great storylines at this point.

they could even do a vs situation with raw and smackdown, which needs a new name btw and hope it turns into a real thing like they had with raw vs wcw years ago.

and they need a real champion, not a guy who can work the mic well that is a shit wrestler and a little guy. ambrose would be great but come on the guy is a middle of the road talent with middle of the road size. hes not a champ and neither is rollins. rollins as a secondary wrestler would be amazing. i have no respect for him as world heavyweight champion though.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

For the most part very well said..but Rollins is THE MAN.

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I can't believe the WWE was able to pull off each member of THE SHIELD holding the WWE Title in the same night and it actually making sense. Well done! Can't wait for THE SHIELD triple threat at SummerSlam!

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

But they are doing a draft in like 2 weeks...These 3 will not be in the same cable tv I bet. Maybe Dean and Reigns on Raw and Rollins on Smackdown?

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks like they are wasting a Wrestlemania-Worthy Triple Threat match at crappy BattleGround instead. Typical WWE.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. alleycat9

roman reigns just got suspended for 30 days.

i was thoroughly disappointed that they did that little bit with bray wyatt and the new day, those 2 groups can both stand up on their own and its almost counterproductive to have them deal with each other. i wish that they would just push bray and let him be the ultimate bad guy, but he seems to be mid card status at this point. which is disappointing, there is alot of potential there with that group.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

For what?

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

violation of wellness agreement. anyone here know WTF that means? drugs? steroids?

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

no clue, it could be anything from drugs, steroids, to internal bullshit. Its super vague

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think this pretty much hits it but honestly I'd like to see less 35 minute openings with 4 guys coming out to ring to talk ,give me my 4 minute interviews with Mean Gene backstage. Hard to build up the mid card talent when 5 guys eat up an hour and half of Raw talking in the ring.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

It was probably some sort of gray market body building drug, but the truth probably will never be leaked.

12. alleycat9

YES i was just thinking about how great those little interviews were with mean gene back in the day. they have to have to have to have to make raw back into a 2 hour show.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's just too long, there is too much filler. Is it because they just don't have the talent or is it that they don't know how to develop that talent? They actually finally have some women's talent but they continue to ride Charlotte who they seem to want to go heel but refuse to let her go full. She could be so much worse.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So tonight is Survivor series...Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar.

Maybe they do it right?

15. NYJalltheway

Is there a right way to do it? It should be interesting to see what they decide to do.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I expect alot of suplexes and bear hugging

17. NYJalltheway

I think something will happen to set up another match. I also don't think it will be longer than 12 minutes.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

LMAO, that was a total squash. Goldberg decimated Lesnar and gave no chance for Brock to attack. WTF? lol

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IT Was interesting tonight,,,,,,,the last match if you can call it that was a shock,,,ps Brock looked flabby and out of shape for the brief time we saw him

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Re Goldberg vs Lesnar: so was it boring as fuck again?