The thing about the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 27, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

take your pick
    1-15 https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-patriots-cowboys-raiders-steelers/500328001/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...layoff-odds-from-our-computers-experts-vegas/
    this one has 6 "experts" 0-16, 1-15, 1-15, 2-14, 2-14, 3-13

that's 7 right there all predicting less then 4, with 4 of them picking 1 win or less

Peebag and NY Jets68 like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

it's a shame how far we are behind every other team huh ;)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Just cause you take geritol while reminiscing about 68/69 doesn't get you a medal...... You guys are soft compared to those of us who started watching when Richard Todd was the QB :mad::mad::mad:

The Waterboy and FJF like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Richard who? ...and is the hate for free today, Stinky??

Thanks!

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There you go, thanks! The answer was 4 1/2, made by the guys who lead with their wallets - all the rest is just noise.

Anybody who has the slightest concern about noise deserves all the angst they bring upon themselves.

Jets_Grinch and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Nothing in life is free...
    A ¢.99 charge will appear on your billing statement as GGN Communications. ;)
    Pay up $ucker...:mad:
    Lol

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The "experts" have one job. Get clicks. Even if they think the Jets will win 4 or 5 games, predicting them to win 4 or 5 games doesn't get clicks. So they don't do it.

NYJ79 and FJF like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I am seriously not reading anything in this thread. As to Harbaugh, he backed off of his Cheats comment years back about the Cheats cheating, so no. I'm talking back-pedaled as in a complete oh, my garden peas, I didn't really mean that, scusi, oh, scusi, scusi, scusi, I'm so sorry, I take that back. Anyway, not sure which Harbaugh you're referring to, but I was so disappointed when John Harbaugh fell all over himself to 'explain' what he really meant because of the fall out. He retracted it and didn't stick to his guns. The apology was pathetic, please someone go fetch

"So what happens is, even the thing in New England - no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their Championships or not, they got asterisks now. They’ve been stained. So to me, it’s never worth it. If you’re cheating, in the end, you’re going to get discredited. It’s just not worth it.” - John Harbaugh

Bah, Harbaugh.

[​IMG]

#48 jetophile, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why hate on champ? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. GasedAndConfused

i agree the experts are idiots for the most part, but that was my whole point. all the "experts" were saying we were lucky to win 1 game. I was here calling them idiots saying no way we were that bad, some people here were believing the experts and thinking we'd win 0-1 games.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just think those "experts" only exist because us fans watch sports show like the dummies most sport fans are.It's called getting ratings :mad::mad:

GasedAndConfused and Since1969 like this.
  12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

that's the spirit!

FJF likes this.
  13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be negative

But let's all put down the kool aid

Just because we "may" have improved, doesn't mean others didn't

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with Kool-Aid. I don't think anyone here thinks that other teams haven't improved. Unless their Scouting, GM and Personnel people are incompetent, other teams have improved, and even then, they may have gotten lucky. The bottom line is that we can't worry about what other teams have or haven't done. All we can do is try to continue to improve our team in significant fashion and hope that is enough to get us to where we want to be.

Still, the facts remains that: QB is the most important position on a football team and the Jets are greatly improved at the QB position. Just getting rid of Petty and Hack they improved, but they added our probable Day 1 starter in Teddy, and he's much better than McCown. Add in Darnold and his potential, and the Jets have greatly improved their depth and level of QB play. We also greatly improved the depth of our ILBs with proven vets and our secondary should be improved. It remains to be seen whether our DL will be improved and we'll have the depth that Bowles thinks we will. Our RB corps is improved as is the talent level and depth at TE. Our WR corps should be better with the return of Enunwa and hopeful improvement and contributions of Hansen and Stewart. We'll have a real, honest-to-God FB who is a perfect WCO FB. With a year's experience, Adams and Maye should be an even better safety tandem.

IMO if one is a Jets fan, unless one is a hardened pessimist and darksider (which given our team's history is understandable) it's hard to not get a little excited, even though imo the team will still win no more than 8 games this season. The team didn't get into the sorry shape it was in talent-wise and depth-wise overnight. It took a period of years, and it will take a period of years to get the talent level back to where it needs to be. IMO all we need to see is progress, and a real, positive step in the right direction.

westiedog1 likes this.