The Taylor brothers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Nov 14, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think the Jets would be better off hiring the June Taylor dancers than the Taylor brothers (although they may all be dead). For you youngsters, the June Taylor Dancers were active in the mid-to-late '50's and '60's. They were on the Jackie Gleason Show.

[​IMG]

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you that this move would mean I'm done, but it reeks of the type of SOJ moves they've made in the past: Penny-wise and pound foolish. It makes a lot of sense that MAcc would be looking to do this as he would clearly cement his role in the hierarchy and the Taylors would owe him their allegiance, but I have the same concerns as you: what proven track record do they have? I also agree that what the Jets need is an experienced and successful HC. Failing that, at least get an OC with several years of successful experience, hopefully with some of it including acting HC duties, or being an ass't HC. I'm tired of the Jets being the Coaching Kindergarten. Hire one as the OC, and the other as the QBC and get an experienced HC.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

That's ok, my friend. We don't have to agree, and I didn't/don't expect many to agree with me on "being done." I've just seen and had enough. If the Jets are going to continue to make the same mistakes over and over, never learning, never changing, never getting it right, imo I would be insane to continue spending any time, much less so much time and energy discussing the Jets. After all, if nothing really changes, if it's just the same thing with different names/faces, we've all expressed our frustrations and opinions countless times, so what's the point?

Of course, I would miss the give and take with friends like you, and the humor, but from at least my vantage point at 64, life is too short/precious to waste on a futile endeavor.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not disagreeing that there may well come a point - and it could be very soon - when I too will say "I'm done", but it would likely be because they decided to keep Bowles. Or if Macc does not SERIOUSLY address the offense this off season. At that point I will finally pull the plug because I do agree that at my age - 66 - I have too little time left to piss it away on the perpetual failure that the Jets represent. I don't know if I'll even look for another football team to follow...maybe just focus more on soccer which I enjoy because that's a sport that still allows the players on the field to play and make their own decisions, rather than be micro-managed by a coach like a video game with humans instead of digital images.

All I know is that guys like us have shown more than enough loyalty and patience and have not been paid in kind by the Jets. There are a lot of posters here who are just as passionate, but haven't endured the disappointment and frustration for decades and cannot grasp how that wears down your hope. I still have a little of that left, but it's dwindling fast. I HOPE that we both finally get rewarded for our patience.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

New Albright and Breer on Jets
    John Harbaugh gonna be between Jets and Broncos
    Jets also interested in Pete Carmichael and Zac Taylor

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

But Albright said we were hiring the Taylor Bros.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent questions. Extremely tough to evaluate unless you have years of knee deep experience in the process.
    As a side note. After three + years of garbage with TB I finally answered one of my early questions about his hire. Did TB actually play a major hand in the outstanding play calling for the Arizona defense and putting key players in a position to excel, and if not, did he at least pickup valuable knowledge from Bruce Arians and institute it with the Jets? The answer now is probably not and a resounding hell no.

8. NCJetsfan

I see the comment about a coaching prospect picking up valuable knowledge from the HC or coordinator they previously worked for all the time, and it makes me a little crazy. Knowledge is important, but it's how one interprets, communicates and uses that knowledge that is truly important, not so much the knowledge itself. Knowledge is just facts and data. Unless a player truly understands what those facts or that data means and can put it into practice himself, it's meaningless. One of the biggest abilities a coach has to have is the ability to read his players, to understand them, what makes them tick, how they learn, and how to help them learn and develop. People can and do learn in a variety of ways, but each of us has a way in which we learn best.

These days respect and trust often aren't automatically given. They must be earned. What have the Taylors really done in the NFL that would garner the respect and trust of players, especially older ones, and get them to buy in?

9. I keep going back & fourth. While someone w credibility,proven track record & commanding of respect is badly needed.. weve fallen victim to the good ole boy network many times over. Theres a unspoken collision at play of “old school vs new school” w nfl coaches.

After Herm,mangini,rex & esp Bowles this team has definitely become out of touch w where football is going. While any experienced candidate worth anything is gonna adapt & identify this shortcoming w the organization it almost feels like the only way to truly elude this dark cloud of outdated unimaginative football is by going fresh,young, innovative & most importantly “new school”.

The old school methodical,ball control,win in the trenches, complimentary football way has not worked for this team.As much as i love John Harbaugh is he gonna really gonna move away from this formula?Todd Haley? I have my doubts.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Like you said, this league is changing and will continue to do so, we need a coach more-in touch with where the league is going, and IMO that might actually start at the college level. They say the college game is now 5 years ahead of the NFL in terms of offenses. Need a coach that can game-plan, adjust and be aggressive when the time is needed. While at the same time being efficient, perhaps making the calls easier at the LOS, creating movement to see what type of coverage is being ran on the defensive side of the ball. Looking at this Jets offense, I don't recall much pre-snap movement.

I like Harbaugh, but he's as good as his OC, if he brings in a good coordinator then I would be interested, but then you are risking the chance of that OC leaving for a HC job.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't care if they hire James and Lawrence Taylor to coach this mess so long as THEY WIN-----meanwhile I prefer Harbaugh---either Harbaugh