The Taylor brothers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

NC is right ..rumor or fact

I dont trust Mac or The Johnsons to do anything right

Few fans here have endured 50 years of frustration/aggravation and many old timers are on the verge of quitting especially in light of the last 3 years of misery with this mismanagement ..what does everyone not get here??

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That’s fine, quit if you guys please. I doubt anyone cares If anyone quits their fandom. I certainly don’t and understand if someone wants to stop caring or giving their money or time to this team.

Just do it though, saying it over and over and over again while still posting 100 times a day about this team just makes you seem like a drama queen.

What I don’t understand is this. Ok you quit being a fan because the Jets hire Zac Taylor as HC. What happens if he looks like the next big thing and has Darnold and the O firing on all cylinders, do you unquit? And start being a Jets fan again?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm certainly intrigued by them. They do sound more like OC/QB coach combo than HC/OC, especially with Press (wtf kind of name is that) only being 30 years old. I don't really think age matter much though, that is just what the good old boys want you think, only someone who has done this for 30 years can do it. No, your time is past, there is a new generation of innovative thinkers who are going to change the NFL. I certainly hope these two are part of it if we end up with them.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

No. He never said that. Always said they where going Barkley

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Egggzackly

8. It's not just about being young,having an offensive mind or being able to call plays. And frankly w.o conducting interviews or doing the background work ourselves it's hard to know who's truly qualified & who isn't. Age is just a number & offensive minded is just a start.If Taylors deserve an interview give them an interview..but here are the items beyond just being offensive minded that are necessary,

1. Organizational communication- Being a respected leader of players, scouts, coaching staff & the whole organization,Bth 1 on 1 & in large groups w. the ability to motivate,teach & discipline

2. Coaching staff/Delegation/Pipeline- Putting a good group of coaches in place that have proper duties & synergy for success while maintaining a rolodex for inevitable departures

3. Scheme/gameplanning/Player development- Putting players in a position to succeed both developmentally & week to week.

4. Talent evaluation- Have a good eye for the type of players that work best in scheme & who can have ultimate success.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yessir, it’s time to take a risk with a young offensive mind. There is a reason why experience head coaches aren’t coaches in the league right now. Unless if we can land one of the Harbaughs (Jim is a pipe dream), we need to take a shot.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

QB coach to head coach? Have any of these guys called plays?

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

McVay was a successful OC before the Rams hired him. I'm sure this is a clickbait rumor, but it somehow it is true, it's dumb as hell.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They were absolutely sure Bowles was creative and they even doubled down and had that solidified by dumb and dumber Wolf and Casserly. Plus now we might have Macc making the coach pick. That I will have a problem with since he has stunk it up with the draft class.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to bringing these guys in, but QB Coach to HC is a bit of a headscratcher.

14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Does Mac actually have a say in "who may or may not" be appointed or will he once again be landed with a Head Coach - who is on the same organisational level to him and reports directly to Chris or Woody?

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’ll take this over any boring retread who hasn’t adapted with the new NFL

This NFL is a completely different game than even 10 years ago

Both of these guys are in top organizations and seem to be sharp, forward thinking football minds with an offensive background

What’s not to like besides the unknown?

Attackett and FJF like this.
  16. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Probably clickbait but why dumb as hell?

I want the best offensive minds out there on our staff....I don’t care where they come from or even what experience they have

Our path to success is developing Darnold and smart, daring football on offense. If these guys are better than anyone else out there at this then I want them...everything else a head coach does is so far down on the priority list compared to those two items IMO

Bowles was the hot coordinator candidate and he’s been terrible as a head coach

Attackett likes this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This.

And this.

Cutting edge offensive scheme or bust.

King Koopa likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Say it again so I can hit like again.

Too many head coaches now a days calling plays . It’s going to take a leap of faith to pick from those trees. I don’t mind them being considered at all .

King Koopa likes this.
  19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Faint heart never won fair maiden. Let's take a risk, no point doing what we've always done.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m all for the innovative offensive mad scientist young HC.

[​IMG]

But if jets don’t fix the main problem with team, it’s not worth anything!

[​IMG]