The Sopranos is getting a Prequel Film

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 8, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/sopranos-movie-prequel-david-chase-1202721680/

The Sopranos” is getting the big-screen treatment.

New Line is developing a movie prequel, currently titled “The Many Saints of Newark,” penned by David Chase. Chase, who created the hit HBO series, wrote the screenplay with Lawrence Konner.

Some of the fan-favorite characters from “The Sopranos” are expected to appear in the film — set in the era of the Newark riots in the 60s, when African-Americans and Italians were adversaries.

Could be interesting. Hope they do it right. I was a big Sopranos fan. Obviously, James Gandolfini won't be in it. Wonder if they will re-cast with a young Tony or just focus on other characters?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Or they could just tell us who Tony looked up at before the fucking screen went black,
    Just saying

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I didn't think anyone cared about the "who" just the "what."

What fan favorite is going to be able to play themselves from 30 years prior??

Jay Bizniss and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that is a good point. They might just have to re-cast everyone. Maybe have an opening scene with Paulie and other old timers talking about the past or something like that.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The casting and role of junior will make or brake it. Imo... watching Junior's best lines after smoking a bowl is one of the many pleasures of the Sopranos !!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe at the funeral home or the cemetery.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This Fjay you are so on the money !!!!,,,by the way I think it will do well in the box office but unlike Sons of Anarchy which is doing something similar I expect to be disappointed by Sopranos,,,,maybe thats a good thing.

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

I was thinking that too. You'd assume he would be a main character.

matt robinson 17 and Royal Tee like this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

exactly!

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I am on season 6b episode 5. I have 5 episodes left and I am done. I still think The Wire was better.

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A first off good to see you BACK,,,,,now might I ask that you put a post up in the New Stadium thread that you created as there a few people over there that were concerned about you,,,,,ps now if 227 would make a cameo all would be well in the world lol

12. 17a_tailgater

Ha ha thanks. Feels good to be back and seeing all the familiar names and avatars. Site looks taotally different

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A there are lots of names gone and MIA but glad to see you are back and ok,,,,Im sure many others feel the same

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wire was the best show ever to be on television

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

abyzmul makes a grand prima donna melodramatic exit, 17a returns. What's that saying? A door closes and a window opens? I'm only busting on abyzmul (good naturedly, to be clear) because he would've reamed someone to death had they made a Swan Song thread like that. As on a mission to murder them with words. It's very ironic. Anyhoots, welcome back.

16. 17a_tailgater

I came back because he left ha ha. No no just happened to be that way. I wish that golden haired Adonis nothing but the best [​IMG]

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, right 'The Sopranos'. I hated that show. I said it years ago, I'll say it again. And I'll tell you why. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, because as much as we hate to admit it, occasionally there's truth to them. If people were able to laugh at themselves more in this age of ridiculous P.C. the world would be a much better place, but that goes on the back burner for now.

As an Italian-American (I'm adopted, so I really am the true definition of an ethnic mutt), it's not as if the show insults me. Yes, the portrayal has strong roots and of course it's very "true". However, this is the ONLY way that Italians are EVER portrayed. Uneducated, scratching their balls, submissive women in house dresses, fuhhgeddaboutit, dumbing themselves down, I don't really give that much of a crap about any of that, but why are the Irish never consistently portrayed as licking beer off the floor of a dive bar so often that they get splinters in their tongues? How about strapping young black bucks sitting on a city stoop and peddling drugs and collecting welfare for fun with a laugh track? How about Hispanic anchor babies and the 'Ricans hanging their laundry all over the place? How about the Chinks no tickee no shirtee? How about the Jews being cheap as shit yet shucking diamonds? How about Polacks being so dumb, they try to commit suicide jumping out of a basement window?

There's just no parity when it comes to what you can and can't say, and people would pitch such a fit if it wasn't the usual trope. I'm far more interested in that brave relentless badass mofo who is taking down La Cosa Nostra in Sicily over olive oil than what I'm sure will be a POS movie that no-one could pay me to watch. Nobody can't pay me. Can't nobody pay me? I forget.

#17 jetophile, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Easy with the incendiary Guidette least your mustache catches fire . . j/k . : )

here, .drop this on one of your harpie friends:

What's the most popular 'spectator sport' in Ireland?

The D.T.'s

edit: .

What's the most useless thing hanging off a woman's body?

A drunken Irishman