The Russians are coming !!!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree. Politics isn't personal at all unless people want it to be.

When I trash our shitty president, others who like him for some reason, shouldn't take it personal. I'm trashing a public figure choosing to be in that position, not my fellow man on TGG

stinkyB, Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Meh - put in in a separate forum or don't allow it. Whatever. It sure puts more pressure on the Mods though to have to police a No Politics Rule. What's going on in politics is really the only thing worth talking about right now as it's so outrageous and unprecedented so people are going to want to talk about it.

You can only debate Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen so much. Football talk will pick up after the draft, and then die down until TC.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Where's Darnold?

Ron Pi hanging the "Dunce" sign over the front door wasn't exactly an "All-Welcome" sign. . : )

FJF likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Abyzmul is losing his edge with age. Need move VickBlows.

Brook! likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I guarantee you that thread would have been immediately renamed or closed if it was made in 2008. I'm really going to miss the barrage of unbiased slate.com articles. The funniest part about that thread was how you'd get backlash for posting anything from a right leaning source as if they were illegitimate, but slate.com article after slate.com article went without mention.

#85 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m going to miss the memes

Brook! and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We had a "blackest day in history" thread in 2008. Idk if it got deleted tho or not but it fits the bill on what ur talking about

stinkyB likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nah - not the same level. I'm saying if there was a thread with the same name it would have been toast.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would argue that the last President who did not polarize the USA was George H.W. Bush.

Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama were all very polarizing figures that were either loved or hated by the average voter during their terms. The GOP went out of their way to polarize American politics during the Clinton and Obama terms and G.W. Bush got a 3 year honeymoon due to 9/11 followed by 5 years of political polarization by the Democrats over policies they disapproved of.

Trump may be caught between a rock and a hard place here. His approval rating is barely 40% going into the mid-terms and the only thing that has any hope of raising that, the military action in Syria, is really going to piss the Russians off. We're about to find out exactly how hard a hold Putin has on Trump.

10. Dierking

My god, Long Time Jets Fan was out of his squirrel eating mind with that thread.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you're thinking it was me who created that thread you're incorrect. There was longtimejetfan and longtimejetsfan. I forget which one I was, but definitely didn't create that thread.

Since I'm your favorite squirrel eater I'm guessing you thought it was me.

12. Dierking

ha. No, but you have to admit you two are like brothers from another mother.

13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Closing this one as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.