The Reason Why we are a Bottom Feeder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Oct 30, 2017.

1. I think the 1st half of your post is the reason some are upset.We knew this would be a bad year..but this is supposed to be a new era & everything looks the same as it has since 2003. Stiff straight line players w no explosion being led by a flawed outdated conservative defense wins approach..doing just enough to keep the fans tuned in only to fold in the face of adversity in the most cruel of manners.

If we’re rebuilding & we’re really starting anew..can it at least LOOK different than the last..3-4 product relaunches?? We made it through coke 2,3 & god damn extreme by now..can we get the damn original Ewbank crafted recipe back now??

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's not his heart that needs to "be in the right place", it's his brain.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What's that old saying.. "I'm not sure what rebuilding looks like but I'll know it when I see it..." :)

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Remember when Woody Johnson got hit by a car in Palm Beach, FL? "I wasn't wearing a helmet and stuff, but people who are driving shouldn't hit people and stuff. I didn't hit my head and stuff. People should wear helmets and stuff. I broke my ankle and stuff." I have a memory that's close to a camera. All I kept thinking was oh, my ankle: Bobby Brady. He hobbled into some ass NFL owner meeting on crutches because he was dumber than crash dummy Rapelisberger. Someone do the Queen's bidding and go fetch.

The old man is a triathlete and getting punked by a car is serious business. My guess is that Woody couldn't pedal a rented Schwinn from the 50s.

5. jetophile

Who says that? Get a life. This team is on a one way train to Palookaville for all eternity. Half kidding? No.

Yes, I'm kidding. But not really.

6. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Like from that dingbat before your post?? Lol

I really appreciate saying his heart is in the right place, I've been saying that specifically for years. He WANTS what all of the rest of us want. At the end of the day, he's a fan just like you and I. He even went so far as to completely remove himself from the hiring process of Mac. Mac was Casserly and Wolfes choice. Woody took the advice of some of the most well respected professionals in the game.

When he was loyal to Rex he did that because he saw that Rex delivered results for a while. Hence, I understand why he stuck with him however misplaced his loyalty may have been.

Right now the problem is clearly Mac and Toilet. Toile is NOT an even decent HC. He's another bad hiring choice by Woody. Mac I'm on the fence about? His drafting hasn't been very good at all. This team is worse than at any time prior to his arrival. If it weren't for this year's draft, I think he should have been fired.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Woody is a shit-tier owner who doesn't care about football.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That Damien Robinson's head?!

9. jetophile

Haha, almost. Idiot got arrested for gun possession and it took Herm way too long to make the break even though he just wasn't good. Turley was a total roided turd, but I just like the visual. It kinda sums up my feelings. I think Turley strums redneck songs now.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I remember this game well lol, I never liked Robinson! Turkey was a nut job, a poor man's Bill Romanowski

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hah! I was there that night. Thank you, Mr. Turley, for the win. Never realized until now that it was a Jets helmet he threw, thought it was his own.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we have never been lucky in the QB stakes - that is 90% of the reason we have never had real success - every great team and great coach (with a handful of exceptions) has had a top 10 QB on the roster - QBs make teams or break teams

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Aside from his willingness to spend money, what has Woody done exactly?

Bill Parcells turned this backwards franchise into a winner and since Woody ran him out of town we have been in a downward spiral.

14. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

It really is a joke. The kid gets the jersey of a guy who is a classic diva shit bag, who is out for the season on IR. WTF is the NFL thinking?

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All of you youngies take it from a guy who has been around many years longer then U have been on the good earth so remember that the water starts at the top Woody & flows down hill from him. IMHO he is zero difference then Hess was so U all prepare yourself if U stay a NYJ fan to another very, very, long non winning the SB streak :mad:

NYJetsO12 and BomberJet like this.
  16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You should also remember that Bowly is another Walton & you should always keep in mind if Bowles brain was in a bird that bird would fly backward :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can somebody explain this advert and persons please I have no knowledge of it at all ?
    Thanks in advance.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its about a commercial K'OB. A kid is watching the Jets with his brothers all decked out in Jet gear. The doorbell rings and a package is dropped off. The kid runs up to his room, opens the package and a OBJ jersey is in it. Shitting on the Jets is a pastime now.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Ah, remember I am a man city fan and the media love man utd, I am well used to that kind of shit.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I fully agree with the last part, but luck really isn't the problem. As Branch Rickey used to say: "Luck is the residue of design" whenever people called him "lucky". If you know what you're doing you succeed. The Jets have NOT known what they're doing since Werblin and Weeb departed. Either the Johnsons need to sell the team to people who DO know what they're doing, or they need to hire a Pres.of Football Ops who knows what he's doing and let him do it. All this other stuff about who to draft, who to sign, who should coach pales in comparison to that.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.