The PI on Robby Anderson - another league apology?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Oct 21, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just curious if much like the Sefarian Jenkins play from last year, or the Claiborne phantom PI during the 2 pt conversion vs the Browns earlier, if the league will once again issue us an FU you're not the Patriots you don't get those calls "apology" for the blatant takedown of Anderson on the most obvious pass interference you'll ever see.

If that happened to another team, they would've ripped the flags out of the refs pockets and throws it on the field themselves. Amazing the two sets of rulebooks that exist in this league

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

For the love of God, the refs are not out to get us. Go on literally any freaking fan forum and fans are complaining about the refs being biased against them. You can argue that star players like Brady get calls, but if you want to get those calls you have to be a star and we don't have any of those.

NYJetsO12, Peebag, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Moronic thread, but expected after a loss, ya the Refs and the league have it out for this powerhouse organization, so they have to cheat against the Jets.

The only thing fucking the NY Jets is the same thing that always fucks them, that's themselves

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and Kris 15 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Was Todd Bowles awake when that call happened? It would be nice if the coach would let the referees know they made a mistake once in awhile. Maybe someone can poke Bowles with a stick and wake him up next time

dman928, NYJetsO12, tomdeb and 2 others like this.
  5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

That was a pretty clear PI

6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Their feet got tangled I don’t think it was a PI.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Agreed. It looked so egregious at first, but on replay it looked incidental.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Ok let’s be fair here.

That was not PI.

Certainly not “clear” PI.

9. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Feet got tangled but watch play he had Robby’s arm pin down Before feet got tanged he only had one arm to catch the ball smh. PI all the way

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

First, even though I think it should've been called, it wasn't clear. Second, there's a huge difference between saying there was a bad call and saying the NFL is biased against us.

Ralebird, twown and stinkyB like this.
  11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It might have been PI (because of the arm, not the feet), but it was far from obvious. More to the point, the actual issue is the one that was raised in the postgame show on SNY - that a player like Julio Jones (for example) would have gotten that call. This is of course true, and it's not fair, and it happens in every sport. The league doesn't care enough about the Jets to be biased against them, but they certainly give the benefit of the doubt to stars. And I was about to say that Jets fans don't recognize it because they haven't seen it in decades, but then I realized that that's not true either - Revis got away with plenty of things that were called penalties on other cornerbacks, because he was a star.

Want to get the calls? Get better players.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm no mathematician, but this is 30% nonsense and 70% right on.

NYJetsO12 and Andy_M like this.
  13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Feet got tangeled should only apply if the players are even with each other, not if the wr burns the corner and the corner trips the guy ahead of him.

Robby has him beat clean and Rhodes trips him thus interfering.

i wouldn't even defend the pass anymore if the rules are called like this Just put your legs into the wr and boom good play

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was definitely a PI. The feet got tangled but only after the defender arm barred Anderson and leaned on him

Mr mittens likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

my first impression was that he deliberately moved his leg across the back of Robby's, also he was holding one of his arms at the same time.

Nearly as bad as the first half when he made the catch and was down then the ball ripped out, even the commentator mentioned that incident.

ColoradoContrails and Mr mittens like this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Missed PI and the kicker will be Robby getting fined lol lol

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I don't believe there are team bias calls. I do believe there are clearly player specific preferential treatment.

This doesn't appear to be one of those. Though I do think he flailed when he got tripped up in hopes to take Robby down with him, could've went either way.

But the calls are at an all time worse league wide. The only time in recent memory I can remember it being this bad was the replacement refs.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I agree with this to an extent. I don't think that the refs are out to get the Jets, but your last sentence is damning as far as the league/reffing goes. It's an admission that favoritism exists (which you aren't denying). That doesn't make it right. So, I wouldn't exactly call it full on bias, but for anyone to say partiality isn't involved is either disingenuous or is in deep denial. As to fans of other teams on other boards complaining about the refs being biased against them . . .

The hilarious thing is, Cheats fans are always complaining that the refs are out to get them. Haha, jet a job. Not you, them. I shit you not, everyone and their grandmother is out to get the poor pampered Cheats. I can't recall if it was last year or the year before, but Tom Cheat got in a refs face because he wanted a flag, I think it was for PI. When I say he got in his face, I mean he got in his face. As in inches away with spit flying and screaming and cursing for almost 20 seconds. In what world is that allowed? Brady should've gotten flagged for unsportsmanlike. He got a flag alright. From the other side of the field. The flag he wanted. No-one can sit there with a straight face and tell me that anyone else would have gotten away with that - and also not get fined.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

eh....not PI but the non-safety call...that pissed me off.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Would've been pretty epic if the flag came straight down on the ref's head.