The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

no...i saw it and i looked here quick but didnt see it. sorry.

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i posted on the first page too....wow...ambien makes me foolish!

3. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

If they are found to be cheating they should forfeit. IMO thats the only deterent. However, we were thoroughly manhandled. Hope it wasnt due to cheating.

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Pats=cheaters!!!!

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Every time the Pats win; they cheated. Every time we win; we cheated. Sounds like the football I used to play on my side lawn with the kids from the neighborhood.

Bottom line. A huge rivalry. We basically hate each other. Niether the Pats or the Jets will give the other the satisfaction of knowing that the better team won by kicking the derriers of the not so good team.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Goes on all the time.... funny the Pats are the only team that has been caught not once, not twice but three times. Funny I don't hear how Mike Holmgren or Brian Billick are using this tactic to win games and make Super Bowls. It's only your beloved Pats. I didn't believe a word of it until I saw Mort write the article and use sources from Non-Jets people in it. Sour grapes.... believe what you want because nothing I or anybody else including media members say or write are going to change your mind.

7. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

it is a mangini belly dance while he plays guitar and train huskies, he forgot his guitar yesterday so cover 3 all game it was

8. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

How do they come up with the punishment of losing a Draft Pick? That to me makes no sense.

They should investigate who put in the order for this illegal espionage and suspend and fine everyone involved. Even if it does filter up to BB. Let him stay at home and off the practice field for the next 6 weeks.

9. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Blame Pete Kendel it is his fault. He calld BB and told him the signals.

10. We got beaten handedly yesterday. There is no denying that. Frankly im beginning to think we will NEVER surpass the Pats.

W/ that said...this is the 3rd known incident involving the Pats and this sort of behaivor. First it was the uncovered field against the Colts, than it was the faulty head sets against jacksonville in the playoffs and now this. If you ask me, where there's smoke, there is fire. If this actually proves true....who knows what ELSE the Patriots have been pulling. I'm not one to create conspiracies..but c'mon...they have been known to get an awful lot of borderline calls in their favor...Just sayin...

11. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I loved Parcells cop out "The Brooklyn Dodgers accused the NY Giants of doing this in 1951". Yeah Bill way to provide insighful knowledge. Lets see last time I checked baseball and football where two different sports. I don't think Willie Mays was out in centerfield with a camera videotaping Campanella giving signs to Drysdale. I don't think Bobby Thompson was blitzing Jackie Robinson either....

Oh and I don't think the Giants had done this on other occasions to other franchises. There is a pattern here and like Kurt said "where there is smoke there's fire"

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Have to agree it is a little suspicious if this is indeed the third time. It probably wouldn't have helped the Jets anyway, but at least they got the tape and put a stop to any possible film for the Pats to review for the next meeting.

Keep in mind it was the NFL that caught the guy, not the Jets. But you are right, Patriot fans don't want to hear it anyway.

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I dunno, they hit him once or twice as the ball was leaving his hand, so....

15. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

They mentioned this on air during ESPN's preview of the Monday Night game so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The fact that it's been reported on air and online would make me think that at the very least this is going to be followed through with. Or at least that's my wishful thinking.

I have no idea what this means for us or in terms of a penalty if proven true. It would explain that the Pats seem be able to do what they wanted on offense, pretty much at will. Granted that's not so rare for them but our D typically looks a wee bit better then what I saw yesterday. Of course like I said this could be part of the wishful thinking

16. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

the New York Giants were also caught stealing signals years ago. Except they had some computer geek tap into the headsets of the other team. I think it was vs Minnesota in the Championship game. They actually knew every single damn play and the snap counts.

I don`t put this past Belishit. He`s a complete scumbag of a person to begin with. Hopefully there is clear evidence of his cheating ways. It`s quite obvious too. They have something over all teams to be a consistent winner in a league where salary caps make it very difficult for any team to reign supreme. They have and now they`re getting caught. I don`t doubt it one bit.

What bugs me is, why can`t the Jets play the same damn games? Oh yeah, same old Jets.

17. Well just keep in mind, if this comes up even SOMEWHAT true...it's gonna really open the flood gates on the Pats. There have ben many accusations against them for assorted things from assorted teams and outlets. Not saying any of it is true...but who's to say it's not..and who's to say there isn't even MORE to it.

Where there's smoke..there is fire..and in the word's of eric Arsilius "I'm just sayin.."

18. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I hear you. Definitely going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

19. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Exactly...................."I Ain't Sayin........I'm just Sayin........" This would explain alot of things over the past several years

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There is no question the better team won yesterday. No question at all. Still though cheating is cheating and if this is true they need to be held accountable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.