The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

For the conspiracy kooks, tune into NFL network Tuesday night for a replay of the game.

Study that 108yd record-setting return... looks fake to me </rolls eyes>

2. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

It's called a veteran O-line.

Let's not forget something... Brady isn't a superhero. He didn't win three rings without having (and understanding how to use) great protection. Tom having 'all the time in the world' isn't a new phenomenon, it's indicative of Patriot football.

Of course, what is often overlooked, is TB's great foot work that gets him away from rushers, yet doesn't take him out of his zone of protection.

You'll notice a lot of QBs scramble at the first sign of pressure, and set up their O-line to commit holding penalties. Not TB.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

:eek:hmy: hahahahahah

4. ........

........ Trolls

You know...Robert Kraft was sitting with Les Moonves of CBS during the game today. Perhaps CBS cameras are being used to spy for the Pats as well!

This is ridiculous. We got slaughtered. It was a huge mismatch in all facets of the game today, and sign stealing wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

What signs would they steal anyway? Isn't everything just communicated through the headsets for each play? I don't see coaches doing a lot of hand signals like they used to.

6. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I hate that this comes out after they play the Jets, because it obviously just sounds like sour grapes. But this is pretty consistent with the sort of stuff I would expect from the Patriots. They send spys to training camp practices, they do tricky stuff with sideline huddles... my favorite was that 2 point conversion a year or two ago, where Troy Brown acted like he was going to the sidelines, then ran to the line when nobody was watching, they snap it quick and toss the ball to the uncovered man. Theyre a sneaky bunch up there in foxborough.

None of that is to say that I necessarily believe theres anything to this, but Im not willing to write it off as a fictitious, sour-grapes conspiracy plot.

7. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Not that I necessarily believe that they did steal signs, but how could you possibly believe that its irrelevent if they really were doing it? If they knew the signals for blocking adjustments and defensive assignments that the Jets were using, then thats an awfully big advantage for them.

My point is that while odds are that this is all probably not true, if it is true, its clearly a very big deal.

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

As if they needed to do that....

9. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Is CHEATING what makes the Pats superior...

What do you boys think of this... it doesnt sound that far fetched....

01:20AM - Patriots Accused Of Taping Signals
    September 10th, 2007 by Gary Grund

Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential has an exclusive report up that a source has told him that a member within the New England Patriots organization, with a credential issued by the team, was spotted by Jets security chief Steve Yarnell shooting near the New York bench.

And according to the stadium source, when questioned by Yarnell, the unnamed individual said that he was put up to it by the Patriots.

The cameraman was reportedly accused by Yarnell of shooting the Jets? signals that were being sent by the coaches from the sidelines.

The source says that the NFL is being made aware of this accusation.

If this is true, the Patriots could be subject to a serious punishment from the league office.

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

what good could it have been for them this game? they would need time to study the film and figure out the signals. it did nothing for this game. just some rumor to deflect from the ass whooping we got. nothing more!!!

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Guys, they kicked our asses... On offense, on defense, and on special teams. Whether this is true or not, who cares...

13. the_wanton_song

Kicking booty is what makes the Patriots superior!

14. Sean_in_titletown

15. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

They already have bribing the refs on their side, so they've been cheating for years.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Guys its not hard to look thru the board for a few seconds before starting a new thread. We've been doing a lot of merging.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Any one who thinks this is beyond BB AKA Captain Quig is nuts. BB is a complete control freak who hates to lose. Not only do I believe he would do this but I believe he probably put Harrison on the HGH and probably is part of an NFL wide steriods distribution ring, if only to guarantee his players get the A stuff.

Did it ever occur to you that BB is supporting more than one Ho in NJ and may have them stashed in NFL cities all over the country? How much child support and alimony is BB really commited to? Anyone who thinks he is above cheating is nuts. BB makes Michael Vick look like a choir boy. We all know it's just a matter of time before he is sporting a ankle monitor on the sidelines.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Really. All they need to see is the names on the backs of the Olinemens jerseys.

19. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

IF the accusation is true let's see Goodell deal with a game related issue like he has with players outside the game. A forefiting of a high draft pick to the Jets would be a nice fine for cheating. Also the Pats are the better team cheating or not. I just hope one day we can beat that SOB Bellichek so badly it will hurt for years to come.

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe. . . I'd really have been disappointed if all this game generated was an "L" in the division standings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.