The Official "Should i make this Trade?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by German Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I do not like your first trade at all. Eli to Palmer is a minor upgrade. Shaun to Chester Taylor is a monumental downgrade. And Shockey to Winslow is a downgrade as well.

I like your second trade. Lee Evans and Colston are basically a wash - either guy could break out or continue to suck. But you got Henry, which is nice.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

How is Shockey to winslow a downgrade? Winslow is the 2nd best TE in football this year.Eli is playing well but Palmer will dwarf him in overall stats by years end

#82 Pride, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I think Shockey will finish ahead of Winslow but I guess I'd consider them even. And I think Eli's stats will be very similar to Palmer's at the end of the season.

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

OK guys, need some help. I currently have Jason Witten as my TE & Darrell Jackson and DeShaun Foster as my two flexes. I also have Alge Crumpler as a backup and I think it's a good idea to sell high on Witten in order to improve my flex positions, because they're the weakest part of my team. Also, I think Crumpler will do better with Leftwich at QB. Therefore, I'm considering this deal:

I get: Thomas Jones and Marques Colston
    I give: Witten, Foster, and Jackson

I would pretty much go from starting Crumpler/Jones/Colston instead of Witten/Foster/Jackson.

Should I do it? Why/why not? Thanks.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You need to get 1 more player from that guy. Witten has more production than any of the said parties in the trade.

Other than that I don't expect Jackson to do anything this year, although Smith is set to come back. Foster is always a fantasy bust...

I have Colston, Brees showed flashes of last year in his last game, however Colston only had 2 catches for 6 yards and a score. Hopefully he gets his stuff together he is a great receiver.

TJ - The jets still have a tough schedule left -- Pitt, KC, Dallas...although I'd take TJ over Foster.

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

TJones is a big upgrade from DeShaun, especially with DeAnge breaking out.

Colston is a big upgrade from Jackson, cuz Jackson is total garbage.

So, does Witten bridge that gap? Hard to say, because I don't think Alge is going to do much more than he's doing now. He'll probably catch 2 more TDs this season. Witten, on the other hand, is a top tier TE. It depends on your point system. Are RBs more valuable than WRs and TEs? That leans towards doing the trade. But it's a very even trade.

7. PinPointPenning10

The scoring system is all equal (10 yards rushing/receiving = 1 point; 6 points for a TD).

Maybe I'll ask for his TE (Heath Miller) too, but I personally don't think hes better than Crumpler.

Thanks for the help guys.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Heath is better for Crumlper. Ask for him.

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

OK - there are two trades I could make in my keeper league. Here's my team (we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE)

P Rivers
    D Huard
    C Portis
    L Betts
    K Jones
    B Jacobs
    DeAnge Williams
    J Norwood
    R Moss
    T Owens
    B Marshall
    S McDonald

So I basically have no TE. I had Alge Crumpler and dropped him this week for Mercedes Lewis.

Anyways, here are two trades I think I could get done (keeping in mind this is a keeper league):

Portis/Betts/Marshall for Marvin Harrison

or

Jacobs for Dallas Clark

Discuss.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You can't get Greg Olsen off the wire? He's back and starting to catch passes.

In terms of keeper, I wouldn't even consider Jacobs for Clark. Though Clark has been my savior this year, Jacobs is more promising in the long run in my opinion...however on the other side, there are few TE's who play a hybrid slot WR/TE like Clark and Gates.

The Marvin trade seems to be fair, considering Betts hasn't done anything and Marshall is injured, and Marvin will produce for at least a few more years. You have Kevin Jones whom I really like, catches passes and can run...Porits is always an injury concern, a sell high player...plus you have Norwood as a safety valve and he will be featured soon. I'd have no problem dumping Portis.

If you are in a PPR league, Moss, Owens and Harrison would be overkill for you, and I'd pull the trigger.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

With Ben Watson out, Kyle Brady has been catching touchdown passes as well.

12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Olsen and Kyle Brady are both taken. Yes, it's that kind of league.

13. PinPointPenning10

I definitely wouldn't do Jacobs for Clarke, you can't trade a top-15 RB for a TE unless its Gates. I wouldn't do the second one either because with Moss and TO you don't really need Harrison and your RBs would be a little bit weak if you traded Portis. Marshall's doing better than Harrison anyway, and since its a keeper league, might have better long-term value depending on how long you plan on being in this league for.

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I decided to pull the trigger on the Jacobs for Clark trade because I hate Jacobs, his stock is as high as it's ever gonna be, and I'm deperate for a TE. And there's no way I would keep him.

I made an offer similar to the Marvin one but for Reggie Wayne.

So my 3 keepers will be Moss, TO, and KJones (or Wayne if that goes through).

15. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i would probably do the Jacobs-clark trade. Value says it?s a bad trade for you, but if you can upgrade a position big time by trading a fulltime backup, i?d say it?s a good trade.

And Clark puts up Gates-like numbers this year.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Keeper league - Standard scoring.. Would you make this trade

Travis Henry
    1st round pick
    4th round pick (if Henry gets suspended)

for

Willis McGahee
    5th round pick (if Henry gets suspended)

I made this offer a few weeks ago when I was desperate because of the byes. But it was turned down. Now the guy who has McGahee is out of it and wants to do the trade. Should I add in the 4th for a 5th?

EDIT TO SAY - My current offer to him was Henry and the 1st for McGahee straight up. But he countered with the 4th and 5th that I had installed in the proposal a few weeks ago.

EDIT x2 TO SAY - My current RBs are Travis Henry, Marion Barber, Jamal Lewis

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

First off, swapping your 4th rounder for a 5th rounder is totally meaningless. If it's important to the other guy, just give it to him but don't let it factor into your decision.

Second, I wouldn't trade my first round pick for next year away. Your RB corps are nothing special but you're gonna regret making this trade if you don't place this year. I would hold off.

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm currently 5-2 and tied for 1st

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

How many keepers can you keep cuz I just don't think McGahee is worth a first rounder. And who are your other potential keepers?

20. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i got henry, and want to get a solid #1 RB, in case, he gets suspenden, so here?s the deal:

i get
    LaMont
    Fitz
    Northcut

i give up
    Steve Smith
    Norwood
    Chatman

my other RBs are J. Lewis, Morency, Benett and Turner. My other WRs are Coth, Berrian, Kevin Walter and Vincent Jackson. its a 17 players a team (commisioner just made a mistake with the settings) with 14 teams league, so the wire is pretty dry.