The Official Jets Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 12, 2018.

?

Who do you want?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2019.
  1. Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)

9.0%
  2. Jim Caldwell (former Lions HC)

3.8%
  3. Adam Gase (former Dolphins HC)

7.5%
  4. Kliff Kingsbury (USC OC)

12.8%
  5. Mike McCarthy (former Packers HC)

58.6%
  6. Todd Monken (Buccaneers OC)

36.1%
  7. Matt Rhule (Baylor HC)

24.1%
  8. Kris Richard (Cowboys DB)

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This post is chock full of logical fallacies.

Change your username to CosmicRedHerring.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Just wondering if the mods are cool with it.

If so I’m dropping some chink, hebe and wetback bombs soon.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Think pinata...

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is banned for a week

sozopol and barfolomew like this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Well that escalated quickly.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You will be banned next.

7. Rollo Tomassi

That seems harsh.

Brook! likes this.
  8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Not to bring more joy, but Gase is supposedly bring his OC and we like Vance Joseph as DC

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

9. Cman68

I would have used him as a pinata myself...

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly reminds me of a quote from a dispute between Ralph Kiner and Branch Rickey. Rickey told him, "We finished last with you, we can finish last without you."

It probably won't matter who the Jets hire. He'll suck or they'll find another way to screw it up. If he winds up being good, he'll have a heart attack and die on the sideline.

11. Cman68

I'm really looking forward to the day both Gase and Macc walk the plank. I want to see the look on Chris Johnson's face as he tries to sell this bullshit hire to an already skeptical fanbase.

This team will remain in the shitter as long as the Johnsons own it. Just like the Knicks and Dolan.

Abandon Hope all ye who enter here......

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Can I ask an honest question?

What if you're wrong? What if Gase is an excellent coach for us? You just say you were wrong and move on enjoying the success like this post never happened?

Attackett likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

What are these playoffs of which you speak? I think I heard of them once, but it was a long time ago. 9 wins in one season? Do you mean that teams can do that? That's at least two seasons worth of wins for the Jets, maybe more. Everyone know that the Jets can't have nice things.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  14. Cman68

Well.. I've never been adverse to admitting a mistake. The odds are better that Gase fucks this up than he becomes the second coming of Weeb. After 50 some odd years of watching this shitshow with a occasional stretch of decent football, I'm all out of patience and ran out of Green Koolaid back in 2010.

Its been almost 20 years now that the Johnsons owned this franchise. They still have no idea wtf they're doing with this team. Chris Johnson is no football savant but he sure would like to think of himself as one. Macc is Macc and the sooner he's gone the better. Why does the CEO of a team have to compromise with a marginal GM? If Chris really is the CEO, his decision is the final one. If Macc doesn't like it? too bad.

Frankly, I'm a casual fan now. This last hire pretty much tells me nothing will change until ownership realizes they need to hire a real Football Guru. If the Jets get to 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 great. I've seen that movie before too just like the 5-11, 5-11, 4-12. Its all the same to me now. If they win, great. If they lose, no surprise. New unis? Yawn.... New HC? yawn...Whatever. Show me the record, the playoffs and the VLT. Even then, I would need to see it happen more than once just to prove it wasn't a fluke. That's not happening in my lifetime again..

Just more Jets... More of the same old shit year in and year out..

#3214 Cman68, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  15. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

1) Favre was on the Vikings when McCarthy won, so that doesn’t quite follow. Also he wasn’t very good then, 11 TDs to 19 INTs, not sure if you followed that year, 2010. After he left the Jets. So we can agree that Mccarthy wouldn’t have won that year without Rogers and this is a “no.”

2) 10+ years without winning a super bowl sounds like what would happen if the Jets just didn’t fire their bad coaches, either. Would you want Bowles back for another season if he was on year 11 without a Super Bowl? If not, then it would be a “no” for McCarthy as well. Sounds like agreement. No MaCarthy!

1A) Rather insulting to Rogers to assume he needed McCarthy, when we saw McCarthy without Rogers was not playoff caliber. Seems you need to underestimate Rogers less. He’s a future Hall is Famer!

1b) Good test will be Andy Reid, maybe best coach to not win. If he loses again with that talent, will prove Macarthy would have been bad hire. Get a real winner!

16. NCJetsfan

I really hope that this is true. He needs to finish the job at Baylor, and if he's truly interested in becoming an NFL HC, he needs to develop Baylor into a top 10 team or try to get a coordinator job in the NFL.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What's wrong with this organization??
    If you have a choice of hiring McCarthy or Gase, and you think Gase is the better coach, you haven't bothered to watch a single Dolphins game the last three years. They've been awful under Gase and his staff ... including the year they lucked into the playoffs with four lifeordeath wins against terrible teams. Chalk up another 3 or 4 years without a SB.

I've seen almost every game Miami has played under Gase, and I assure you he's not a good coach. They have been absolutely stomped 13 times in the 49 games he's coached. That's SCARY bad.

Who thinks this is a good hire?
    And why?

18. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

Hi this is based on syllogistic logic as first put forth by Aristotle, in an “if A therefore B” , “A” , “therefore B” system which is the opposite of fallacious, it is how formal logic has been done for more than two thousand years and by definition arguments of this variety are logically valid. If you’re looking for more background, try Posterior Analyticis by the Greek philosopher Aristotle or any summary thereof. Useful tool for online discussions!

19. NCJetsfan

Me too!

20. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Instead of posting stuff like this, just listen to classical music. It's a much more polite way of telling people you went to private school.

joe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.