The Official "How Good is my Team?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jun 13, 2007.

1. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Instead of seeing tons of these thrown around, I thought it would be a good idea to start one giant thread and everyone can post their fantasy teams in here. I did an early one this year, and I'm fairly happy with it:

(1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF league on Yahoo)
    my projected starters

(1) HB LaDainian Tomlinson
    (20) HB Maurice Jones-Drew
    (21) WR Chad Johnson
    (40) TE Antonio Gates
    (41) WR Hines Ward
    (60) WR Braylon Edwards
    (61) DEF Baltimore
    (80) WR Jerricho Cotchery
    (81) K Robbie Gould
    (100) HB Deangelo Williams
    (101) QB Tony Romo
    (120) QB Eli Manning
    (121) HB LaMont Jordan
    (140) WR Eddie Kennison
    (141) DEF Philadelphia

2. Pride

Pride New Member

How many teams in the league b/c I love your team

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Very good draft - the only potential weakness I see is QB if Romo has a "sophomore" slump. I don't see you losing many games though.

edit: I would drop of Kennison and pickup Turner if he's still available in case L.T. goes down.

#3 WhiteShoeWillis, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  4. Pride

Pride New Member

Braylon is a guy I think will have a pro bowl break out year

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Update on this team: I made a very interesting deal that was a huge risk but if it pays off I'll be on the inside track to first place at least in the regular season. The trade:

I traded: QB Eli Manning, HB Ladainian Tomlinson, WR Eddie Kennison

I received: QB Tom Brady, HB Clinton Portis, WR Torry Holt

I figured that Brady would provide the support to a very unstable position of mine, and with Johnson, Holt, Ward, Edwards, and Cotchery in my WR core, I am stacked at the top and very deep where I will be able to use one of them as trade bait. If Portis stays healthy I think I raped the guy... but that's a big if.

QB Tom Brady
    HB Maurice Jones-Drew
    HB Clinton Portis
    WR Chad Johnson
    WR Torry Holt
    WR Hines Ward
    TE Antonio Gates
    DEF Baltimore
    K Robbie Gould

QB Tony Romo
    HB Deangelo Williams
    HB LaMont Jordan
    WR Braylon Edwards
    WR Jerricho Cotchery
    DEF Philadelphia

#5 DonnieIsTheKing, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You got really good value but I hate seeing LT get traded. QB's are usually fairly easy to pickup off the FA wire when someone starts having a hot season. I think you're right though, the value of this trade is totally going to be judged on Portis' performance.

7. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I don't know if I would have made that trade. I understand that you got a better QB and WR, but you gave up the best fantasy player to do so. Eli and Romo would have been more than servicable IMO. And you never know if Jones-Drew is going to get all the carries since they resigned Fred Taylor and Portis, healthy or not, will be sharring a lot fo carries with Betts.

Only time will tell, but I think you gave up too much at the RB position, and it could potentially bite you in the ass.

But, you definately do have some sweet recievers. (maybe better than mine from last year: Owens, R. Williams, and Andre Johnson)

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i wouldn?t have made the trade either. You got some good RBs, but everyone of them will share carries this year, thats a bad thing in FF.

You gave away, the best player to upgrade your QB positon, and now you don?t have a workhores back anymore. You have to hope now, that either Betts, D. Rhodes, F. Taylor or Foster get hurt, so one of your Backs will get the full load of carries.

9. German Jets Fan

you should like this:

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am entering year 4 of a keeper league. I made the playoffs the first three years and played in the last two championship games, winning the title in 2006.
    Starting lineups consist of 1 QB, 2 WRs, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 team D, and 4 IDPs.

QB- Marc Bulger, Tom Brady, Jeff Garcia
    WR- Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Greg Jennings
    RB- Travis Henry, Larry Johnson, Ron Dayne, Jerious Norwood, Michael Turner
    TE- L.J. Smith

K- none at this time
    team D- none at this time

IDP- Kerry Rhodes, Bart Scott, DeMarcus Ware, Will Witherspoon, Michael Boley

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You got alot back in return for LT...normally I would say bad idea trading him away, but you got alot in return...Clinton Portis is still good for 1000 yards if he stays healthy, Tom Brady is a top QB and Torry Holt is a probowl WR...

I say good trade.

12. German Jets Fan

how many teams?

This looks just great.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It sounds like your league is a pretty basic Yahoo league. In leagues like that where you start 2 RBs, I always make sure I have at least 5 on my roster. Injuries may not happen to any of your guys, but injuries will happen to your opponents. They'll come to you looking for a trade.
    If you play in a league where you can start 1 RB, make sure you have 4.
    If you play in a league where you can start 3 RBs, make sure you have 6.
    Always go 3 over.

You have 2 starting RB slots, so you'll want 5 RBs on your team.

I would advise you to drop the Eagles defense and/or your kicker.

I don't bother adding kickers and team defenses till I absolutely have to like as in the day before the season starts.

Pick up whoever you feel is the best RB on your league's free agent list.

I also advise against ever having more than one team defense on your roster anytime. I usually go through on average 6 different team defenses per league per season. It's all matchup based for me. I went so far as to use the Browns and Lions last year.

14. The Predator

Some leagues have a set amount of players at each position that you must have at all times, not just x number of bench spots. Wire moves and trades can also cost money, making it a much tougher decision to just keep adding and dropping defenses.

15. The Predator

Dude, I would definately trade off Bulger or Brady for a stud WR. You'd have an absolutely sick team if you did.
    I love the RBs you have - I'm expecting LJ to take a step back this year, but he's still a beast, and I'm really hoping to pick up Henry if I get a later pick (depending how the draft goes, I'd have no problem taking him end of round 1 although I expect him to fall into round 2). Can't hurt to have Turner on your team, and Norwood has sleeper written all over him.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, I might trade one of those QBs. I've had Brady on the trade block since I first got stuck with him prior to our inaugural 2004 season. A guy dropped out halfway through the initial draft (took place over several months as opposed to a live draft thingy). I am one of those people who dislikes having guys on my fantasy team who I cannot root for in real life. The problem is nobody ever offered me good value for him, so there he is on my team still.

As for your other reply, yeah, you are right. Other leagues may have restrictions. However, as I noted, my comments in that other post were based on a league with the typical default-type Yahoo settings.

17. German Jets Fan

QB Peyton Manning
    WR Randy Moss
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Donte' Stallworth
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB Vernand Morency
    TE Benjamin Watson
    BN Jerious Norwood
    BN Ronald Curry
    BN Daniel Graham
    BN Jason Campbell
    K Shayne Graham
    DEF Minnesota
    BN Green Bay
    D Jason Taylor
    D DeMarcus Ware
    D Kerry Rhodes
    D Shawne Merriman
    BN Kirk Morrison

I?m playing in a 18 Team League. We got a little different scoring system. A Pass-TD counts 10pts and we get 1pt per 20 yards passing!!! Rest is usual. So having P. Manning should be huge.

Which D would you play? GB or Minni?

Yeah i know 3 Pats and only 1 Jet. Shame on me...

#17 German Jets Fan, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  18. The Predator

Damn man, an 18 team league is SICK!

Great move taking Manning in a 10pt per passing TD league. Your really gonna have to hope that Moss steps up, since your other recievers are all #2 on their respective teams - and two of them are on the same team too.

I can't even imagine drafting an 18 teamer, but it seems like you did alright, Lynch will be servicable, but Morency will probably be splitting carries. I really like Norwood this year, IMO he is this season's Frank Gore.

19. German Jets Fan

yeah, i also have some concern about my RBs. D. Rhodes, Droughns and Turner are still available, but i think i go with the ones i got.

I?m pretty happy with my WR?s all of them sould be better than last season. Curry should profit from the Moss trade. And if Moss doesn?t come up big, Stalworth should be a really good pickup.

This team is also in my League, this is sick i have no qlue how he came up with that:

QB Carson Palmer
    WR Reggie Wayne
    WR Laveranues Coles
    WR Jerry Porter
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Marion Barber III
    TE Jason Witten
    BN DeShaun Foster
    BN Matt Leinart
    BN Mike Furrey
    BN David Martin
    K Neil Rackers
    BN Lawrence Tynes
    DEF Baltimore
    BN New York Giants
    D Keith Bulluck
    D Lofa Tatupu
    D Brian Dawkins
    D Jeremiah Trotter
    BN Jonathan Vilma

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

How many point is it for a rushing TD and a passing TD? Cuz 10 points for a passing TD is a lot.

Either way, you have a solid team, although I'm not thrilled with the Patriots WRs because Patriots WRs never do well for fantasy - Brady spreads the ball around too much. But Peyton is obviously the man and Lynch was a solid pick (especially if this is a keeper league)

But your friend's team definitely looks better. His only weak position is RB #2 and you could do worse than Marion Barber anyway.