The Official Fishing Thread is here!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

That's a nice set up, and it's even got the blessing, no wonder you're killin them out there haha. That Grand Banks looks pretty cool, I may have to try that when I finally get out .
    The question becomes, does the magic of the new rig stand tall when the Mrs is there to work her magic? Let me know how that keeper count holds up ahahahahaah. :p:D

Acad23 and Cman68 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ye of little faith....:D

#702 Cman68, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  3. Cman68

Triple Crown today! High hook, Limits for both me and wifey and to top it off, Wifey won the pool! Not a huge pool but nice to go home with some cash. Very windy. Damn near gale force wind but we hung in there. Next trip will be July 4th weekend. Probably the Saturday before on the Dauntless.

BTW: The Grand Banks Rig is a winner too! held up without line twist all day. Got snagged and released without problems. Used the same rig and hooks and wore them out. Used Glo Beads as well. White seems to be the magic color!
    The first thing I did when we realized we had a pool fish contender was to get the mate to provide a bucket and water. I put the big boy in it and slid it under our bench seat. We were on the shady side of the boat so it was all good. Looks like that's the ticket going forward with any pool fish contender.

Fish On!!

https://www.oceanexplorerbelmar.com/june-2016.html

#703 Cman68, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Cman68

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#705 stinkyB, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    NotSatoshiNakamoto and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Looking good! What species?

7. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Man, you guys are on a hell of a roll this year eh? That's awesome! I'll have to give that Grand Banks a try some day, if I end up having to wait til blackfish I'm going to be salty though haha. The bucket was a good call, and don't pool fish taste juuust a little better than the rest of them? :D

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

And the payoff for all this effort?

Filets.jpg

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  9. stinkyB

OK the 1st week of the month, my schedule is usually a bit lighter, so I got to do some fishing......

I committed to fish friday "nearshore" with my neighbor who recently picked up a 18' and was excited, but doesn't know anything about the offshore game....

then Wednesday night, I got an invite to head out past the break / ledge early thursday morn. I was pumped hearing all the reports this spring (and I havent been able to go offshore")... so I told my buddy he's on his own to prep for friday (I gave him a list of stuff)
    Up at 4, at the boat at 5:30 outside the inlet at 6;30....... intention was troll, hopefully raise some big billfish

Troll was pretty slow, started with one small blackfin, but then I got that nice wahoo. He was a short porker and prob weighed around 50#.
    We lost one other that ate through the mono on a cedar plug intended for tuna...... unfortunately plenty of small cudas to mess with our spread throughout the day. With only one real fish in the box, we stopped on some #s we passed while trolling, and managed to fill a 94qt cooler with triggers, beeliners and porgies in short time.

then headed the 50mile trek in....... after cleaning fish and boat (42') I finally got home around 9:30-10.

My buddy wanted to see if I was still in. I already committed so I said yes, but I'll be moving slow......
    Slow was the word as I just had a bad feeling.... which was right.
    His baitwell wasnt working, so we had no live trolling baits. I brought some lures, and we caught one good size bonita off a spoon behind a planer..... seas got a little too rough for that boat so we eventually headed in, but the beer was ice cold. Then I came home and powered through pressure washing my house...... motivated by garage fridge beers

I had to work all day saturday, but early Sunday morning I forced myself to take the yak out, so I dropped in close to my house.
    Had one blowup on topwater that missed, then tried to chase some reds in the grass that were out of range, so I called it and headed home

10. Cman68

Sounds like your summer fishing season got off to a great start! I was wondering what all that fish was in the basket. I'm hoping I can hit something nice when I get down there in August.

11. Cman68

Tomorrow is an official day off for me soooo, looks like another trip to the Jersey Shore. I'm undecided but will plan for both Bluefish/Striper or SeaBass. It will depend on how crowded the Bluefish boat is and I just don't feel like fighting crowds of folks while fighting a big blue at the same time.

Fish On!

12. stinkyB

Actually more like "end of Spring" season..... Summer kinda sucks. Too F-in hot.
    Deep water bottom fishing maybe..... but late summer nearshore the Tarpon roll in

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nothing special for a pike but I finally got out for the first time this year. Got 'em with a jitterbug.

[​IMG]

Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. Cman68

Well, you still have the rest of the year! Is there a size limit on pike?

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Unfortunately I won't be able to get out much, if at all. Crazy schedule going on this summer/fall. Not even sure how much hunting I'll be able to get in.

Pike need to be 18" to keep - this one was probably about 2'. I've never eaten them - hear they're really bony and not worth it. If I caught a big boy I'd keep it to mount though.

The spot we caught this guy was pretty sweet. A lot of hits on top water lures - poppers, jitter bugs, weedless frogs and stuff. I love watching fish crush top water lures.

16. stinkyB

Nice. yeah, topwaters are my favorite!

gonna try some at sunrise for some pre-work flood tide fishing :cool:

17. Cman68

Update: Got a 6hr. Fishing Charter scheduled for Sunday, 21 August out of Ft. Lauderdale. Hoping to hit something nice off the bottom but even if we don't, its still Florida near shore fishing and another item checked off the old bucket list! Depending on the cost, I might look into a quick fishing trip while we're in the Bahamas too. I will take pics and post when I find a sober moment... :)

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  18. stinkyB

19. stinkyB

got an invite to head offshore, but got a bad feeling the way plans were s=haking out.
    I was right. I jigged up one nice amberjack, we missed opps on others (green crew). Finding live bait was tough so trolling was brief.
    weather was awesoome for august......

.... so fuck work I've been fishing all day.
    Fishing was slow, so beer kill count was high..... been up since 5 and in the sun all day.

JAGS are local TV broadcast.... fish tacos pregame, and I wont feel bad when I pass out before the 4th qtr when future UPS workers take the field.

Go Jets

20. Cman68

Hard to beat a day like that! I was on a conference call with people having a meltdown. Flying out Sunday AM for Ft. Lauderdale. Can't Wait!!