The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I think its gotta be done. This guy just has no clue what the hell to do. I'll even buy him the one way bus ticket outta Port Authority.

2. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'm signed on.... It's been the same shit for 3 seasons now.. Enough...

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Leave it to Jets fans to want to fire a coach after putting up 56 points.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

^ Uh... I could see your point if this were a 'Fire Schotty' thread.. But it's not, so I don't....

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You think Sutton had anything to do with 56 points???? He is called the DEFENSIVE coordinator....as in the guy more responsible for the 35 points against us......

Anyway, we don't know who is responsible for these 3 man rushes for the whole second half....it could have been Mangini wanting our secondary to prove they can cover and getting the d-line to prove they can get pressure without blitzing...

If it wasn't Sutton's call all half, you don't just fire him. Either way, the D needed to perform better....I think the defensive approach should have been the exact same as in the first half....

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What in the world does the OFFENSE putting up 56 points have to do with our horrible DEFENSIVE Coordinator.

And, yes, he should be fired. Hopefully, more people will finally come around to this notion.

7. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

4 forced fumbles, 3 recovered - 3 interceptions, 4 sacks and 0 points allowed in the first half. That doesnt equal firing. Warner just picked apart our d in the second half. When we blitzed they picked it up well and when we didnt warner threw some great passes. This was not Suttons fault.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He picked apart a ball-less prevent D.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Jets points INT for a TD. Fumble recovered on the AZ 40, Fumble recovered on the AZ 12, Fumble recovered on the AZ 29. I think the D had a lot to do with us scoring 56 points.

10. The Uniform Bomber

But I think he was responding to the poster criticizing Jets fans for something irrelevant.

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

Im not blaming sutton anymore, at what point does eric mangini take over.. This is both thier defense and they share the blame... get rid of them both

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Unfuckingbelievable. Do you think we score 56 points without that D today? 3 picks, 4 fumbles, sacks ...

wowie

13. The Uniform Bomber

Lowery making a hit on Boldin so he fumbles, and Jenkins blocking a FG didn't occur because Bob Sutton drew it up that way.

I don't know if it's the players or Mangini or Sutton, but this game became closer than it should have been. And what I do know is that I've been complaining of a vanilla Defense - especially, especially with the lead - for like 3 years now. So what's the common denominator? Sutton? Mangini?

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Thank you WB. We won by 21, against arguably the best receivers in the league not named Owens or Moss.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i thought after watching the fist half that sutton had finally gotten it together. but for some reason he started the second half in a prevent defense. playing that way the players all pretty much just turn it off and start going through the motions. you have to continue to play until at least the 4th quarter even with that lead.

once you ave the players shut it down its hard to get them back up to make some plays. just a poor decision to get conservative on d so early.

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I think that our D has talent and talent makes plays. Boob Sutton, however, did not plan for all that to happen, and his schemems and "strategy" ( and I use that term lightly) is the problem.

17. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

This is totally uncalled for. Having travelled from the port authority recently the place is a zoo, especially on a Sunday. A cab to the Staten Island Ferry which is excellent by the way would be more appropriate depending where you intend sending this clown.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I want to join the fire SUTTON club ASAP! The man is a waste of out DEFENSIVE talent and POUHA is a joke! When JENKINS is out our defense is non-existent! DREW COLEMAN is a joke too!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

OK - so it's the players that make plays but when they get toasted it's all on the DC? There has to be some middle ground there.

I don't even like sutton, but the D played a huge part in 56 points today.

20. The Uniform Bomber

Look, when Revis made the pick-6, maybe maybe, that was a good decision to drop 9 into coverage and rush 2; maybe Sutton made a good call there.

When Lowery forced a fumble, it had nothing to do with Sutton.

When the Cardinals came back in the second half, the players played a major part in allowing that to happen. However, the players were also following a scheme, a conservative scheme that sucked and an all too familiar one that has chronically allowed teams back in games for 3 seasons now.