The Official Crap on Bowels thread is here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

You don't dump a head coach in his 2nd year after his first was 10-6. You'd be setting a bad precedent and showing that you have a short fuse. You think coaches would come here? The ones you want??

As far Pickpatrick, I don't think there's some sort of loyalty towards a guy who just said the staff doesn't have confidence in me. It's likely Bowles way of saying he's the starter because he's currently the #1 guy on the DC. It doesn't mean it's going to be that way next week. Hell he already went back in his Sunday word a few weeks ago so let's see it Petty gets his shot.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I've long been hesitant to call for the firing of a coach during the season, but it might be time. This isn't going to get better. If he was showing progress in terms of correcting certain mistakes, then it would be different. But there's no learning from mistakes going on out there.

3. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

we stuck with tard balls and this staff for another yr.

magic mike gets to fire tard balls and get a second hc to hire. if that fails then its total house cleaning

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I watched cricket with no sound playing poker at about 2am on a cruise ship.once.
    I had no fucking idea what the hell was going on or the bat shit crazy scoring system.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It's always been that way, and there's nothing to suggest that it will ever change any time soon.

TNJet likes this.
  6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Let's see! Field goals in the red zone. Interceptions in big spots. Bad tackling and special teams errors. I will never blame coaching. Players win games and unfortunately the NFL is a Quarterback league and the Jets' guy is mediocre. The fact that they are committed to him is a decision by the owner, GM and head coach. If they thought that Petty was good he would be playing. If he takes over and plays well then the organization has real problems. If he is the goods they all should be questioned. They don't think much of him. That is obvious.

7. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

I would love it if Petty started and played great or even showed a lot of promise. And I am way way over Fitztragic being our starting QB. However, the coaches see these players every day. They have more information on the situation than anyone posting on these message boards. The coaches want to win - period. Isn't the logical conclusion that Fitz gives us a better chance to win than Petty? Whether it's ability to run the offense, physical tools, you name it. Now, when we're mathematically eliminated, and you know Fitz won't be back next year, there's no harm in getting reps to Petty and they should do it. Maybe that time is now. But anyone who thinks that Petty is obviously better than Fitz, but the coaches simply refuse to play him for some indefensible reason is plain wrong.

8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Honestly, is it just my thoughts or is Todd Bowles starting to look as bad as Rich Kotite was? There has never been a HC in this organizations history that has shown he is in over his head this soon into his Jets career.

9. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Sometimes i feel like giving up...but i guess im like so many other fans feeling like next year will be the year...or what if the year i decide to give up becomes the Super bowl season???

rohirrim665 likes this.
  10. microscopes

microscopes Member

Yes you do.

TNJet likes this.
  11. microscopes

microscopes Member

Think about it this way.

At this point, Rex Ryan had already been to an AFC Conference Championship game, and was on his way to another.

With a worse QB.

TNJet likes this.
  12. microscopes

microscopes Member

Isn't it interesting how Belichick's teams rarely ever had bad tackling games, or field goals in the redzone, or key turnovers?

Hmm...

Maybe coaching means something...

Duh!

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

You do when it's clear that the coach has no control over his players. It was clear to me that he lost control in the 1st Q with all those taunting, unsportsmanlike conduct and such penalties. His players cannot control themselves emotionally. The good coaches don't allow their players to compromise the team with those kinds of penalties.

TNJet likes this.
  14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'd call Jon Gruden and gauge if he's interested in coaching the New York Jets. If not, give Bowles a third year and see if he can get us the top pick in the draft. Lol

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

You can say this argument for any young backup QB in the history of the NFL

When you're going nowhere fast with the starter, it's always worth it to see if the next guy up has a future

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick will take the blame for this season and Mac and Woody will jump on that grenade buying Bowles another year, despite how bad every facet of this team has been. So, just sit tight for another 23 games of this.

TNJet likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's just your thoughts.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why do I get the feeling Mac will cave and offer FitzTragic yet another 1 year deal.....

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's everything with this organization from the top down. I'm watching the Sunday night game right now and this Latavius Murray is a stud for the Raiders. A 6th round pick nonetheless and the kid's a 6'3 230 lb RB. Beast. Yet Mac uses our 2nd rd pick on a project who most likely will never be more than training camp fodder. And this is the f'ing Raiders who used to be the epitome of dysfunction in this league.

This is just an example of how it's a collective failure by this Jets franchise right now and has been forever.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

No way that will happen! They are probably fuming that they gave him 12 million and the team is a joke.

Cman68 likes this.