The Official 2019-20 Mike MacCagnan thread..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not according to me; according to every single thing that has been reported about the situation for the past four years. Have you been locked in a North Korean prison this whole time?

MoWilkBeast and major33 like this.
  2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Yes, there you go. I've been thoroughly disgusted with the direction of the franchise the past 4 years and started watching a ton of college football. I go back to the '70s with the Jets and under Bowles, it has been mostly boring unwatchable football.

I understand that the owner makes the final call on the head coach, but I also find it hard to believe that Bowles would go above Mac on decision making. I also find it hard to believe that Mac is not telling Chris that Bowles is terrible at decision making. Then again, Mac is also terrible at decision making. In other words, you're right and I'm wrong. The entire organization is a disaster if the GM cannot make recommendations to the owner regarding the coaching staff and the decisions that they make.

At this point who really cares because Bowles is now gone and it appears weak Mac with no power is staying.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons think they are the Jerry Jones clones...pathetic comparison since they are no way close to Jerry who is far from perfect

but I am starting to believe they will continue to hire and surround themselves with the same yes men over and over that allows them to play mad scientists with their toy football team...

The Twilight Zone missed out on a good episode: Fans vs the crazy J brothers ahahaha

AJW and major33 like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I still can't understand how people use losing football as a reason to fire anybody, when the team in question has been stripped back for a rebuild for the last two seasons, it is a major shock that they managed to win 9 games in all honesty and let's face it without a 6+ last quarter collapses would have won a lot more, which doesn't say a lot for the overall quality of teams in the NFL atm.

The reasons for sacking Bowles would be that he was clueless on the sidelines and the case for sacking Mac would be his drafting and FA targeting but that is a bit up in the air as some people think he is awful and others think he has been alright and has been held back by the coaches failing to improve his draft picks, we will see which was which with a new set of coaches and Mac drafting.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i have been absent from the board since the buffalo home game fiasco.
    the more i thought about it, the more i was thinking a clean sweep. 2
    however, since chris announced no change in organizational structure, and mac will stay,
    i have to wonder what top-notch coach (belichik, harbaugh, etc.) would want to take this job? i would NOT.
    so, unless we see VAST IMPROVEMENT in scouting, drafting, signing ufa, and selecting a coach by both mac and ownership,
    the 50 year drought will continue.
    if you do the same thing as before, but do not get results, you are just spinning the wheels on the bus.

NYJetsO12 and JetsNation06 like this.
  6. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If the team was stripped back, why would Mac try to blow a ton of our cap space on veteran Cousins? If he had signed Cousins, then our draft would have been completely different with more of a win-now approach.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

ask any vikings fan if they would trade 4 sb appearances for our one trouphy?
    then, ask them if they are happy that they signed cousins to that contract over us?
    remember back in 2003, when the jets lost 3 offensive line starters because they tied up way too much cap money in chad's contract?
    like buying a corvette but driving without insurance because you paid too much for the car.
    the nfl should have a cap where any one player can not exceed 5% of the budget..

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you saying that the season after we went 5-11 with shit Fitz at the helm we didn't strip the team of nearly all the veteran players? Initiating what is known as a rebuilding phase.

2nd season of the rebuild he is trying to get a FQB in place, you know, to rebuild from the most important position onwards and a 30yo QB would still be younger than the 39yo McCown.

The draft with Cousins onboard would have been used on other areas of need, you think with Cousins as QB we are suddenly all about win-now? No doubt the reason Cousins used us like an oily rag to boost his money at Minnesota, he had no intention of joining us, none in the slightest.

But in the end, we got Sam and he won the starting job at 21yo and we are still in a rebuilding phase and likely to be for another couple of years unless we get extremely lucky in the draft and free agency but I doubt we make this team a playoff contender in one draft.

Of course, you are free to disagree that it hasn't been a rebuild but there is not much discussion left in that conversation and the old we will have to agree to disagree saying will come into play.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

in typical jets fashion they will hold onto a guy who has proven he cant do the job for an extra few years. bowles should have been gone 2 years ago, mac should have been gone this year. mac probably gets 2 more years. worst drafting ive ever seen outside of the idiot he replaced.

NYJetsO12, rohirrim665 and CBG like this.
  10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I'm glad Cousins didn't come here. Talk about overrated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

K'OB, KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. alleycat9

what are we looking at, 5 legitimate nfl football players drafted? no superstars at this point, terrible job in the 2nd and 3rd round. he has done a horseshit job. absolutely fucking terrible. even if he hits on darnold which is far from a sure thing at this point he has still proven he really cant draft worth a shit. and if it were on the idiot coach solely then he should have done what was necessary to get him gone before now.

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    1 6 Leonard Williams DT USC
    2 37 Devin Smith WR Ohio State
    3 82 Lorenzo Mauldin LB Louisville
    4 103 Bryce Petty QB Baylor
    5 152 Jarvis Harrison G Texas A&M
    7 223 Deon Simon DT Northwestern State-Louisiana

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    1 20 Darron Lee LB Ohio State
    2 51 Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
    3 83 Jordan Jenkins LB Georgia
    4 118 Juston Burris CB North Carolina State
    5 158 Brandon Shell T South Carolina
    7 235 Lac Edwards P Sam Houston State
    7 241 Charone Peake WR Clemson

1 6 Jamal Adams SAF LSU
    2 39 Marcus Maye SAF Florida
    3 79 ArDarius Stewart WR Alabama
    4 141 Chad Hansen WR California
    5 150 Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5 181 Dylan Donahue DE West Georgia
    6 197 Jeremy Clark CB Michigan
    6 204 Derrick Jones CB Mississippi
    6 188 Elijah McGuire RB Louisiana-Lafayette

1 3 Sam Darnold QB USC
    3 72 Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State
    4 107 Chris Herndon TE Miami (Fla.)
    6 179 Parry Nickerson CB Tulane
    6 180 Foley Fatukasi DT Connecticut
    6 204 Trenton Cannon RB Virginia State

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat once again we agree----why is this guy still here ? Because Christopher Johnson " likes his plan " and its doing so well,,,,,,,ugh

#252 CBG, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and alleycat9 like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Keep posting AlleyCat and I will keep liking and agreeing with you all damn night----Mac is horrible and to retain him is a joke

PJ4Ever, alleycat9 and 94Abraham like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, Chris Johnson is a NFL savant with many many years of experience hiring HOF GM's and Coaches.. If he says Macc is good enough to hire with a track record you just laid out? its his toy and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. In the end, he's gonna rake in the cash no matter what the record is every single year. Just the way it is...

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  15. alleycat9

and my choice is to keep giving him money or not. i already stopped giving him money a number of years ago. now its a matter of do i care enough to even bother watching. and at this point its less and less difficult to not give a shit. i used to make sure i saw every single game i was in the bar at a wedding the day vinny scored that td that made replay come back, EVERYONE was pissed at me and i didnt give a shit because the jets were on and if they didnt want me to watch the game they should have had a spring wedding.

now i dont care. i might have watched half the games this year, its not a priority for these morons who screwed 80% of their fanbase its not a priority for me.

and im not alone. nobody gives a shit about the jets at this point. the fucking johnson brothers did that.

edited, vinny td, i was going too fast i was so annoyed :)

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

When I run into friends or relatives that I have not seen in a while and they ask about Jet games , they are BLOWN AWAY that I no longer go and then I say its been 3 years maybe 4 since I last attended one especially when my social activities for almost 3 decades used to revolve around Sundays = I can relate AlleyCat. I will TRY and give these clowns the benefit of the doubt and pray the somehow luck out but when I am reading that they are bringing in Kliff Kingsbury or I watch Chris Johnson pathetic press conference yesterday where he looks like he belongs anywhere else and sounds as if he is more clueless then his brother and I watch him try his best to endorse the pathetic Mike Mac it is easy to find other interest and things to spend my money on then the N Y Jets.

#256 CBG, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  17. NYJetsO12

Can you imagine if the Johnson Bros were the one really running the Big Company J&J.????..would be bankrupted in no time

They dont care about the fans they have ruined ,,,myself included

How Macagnan stays is really unbelievable ..they have set the Bar incredibly low for him..the Putz who deserves the bigger Putz who cant evaluate a Draft and players on the field

CBG, ColoradoContrails and alleycat9 like this.
  18. alleycat9

they have this mantra now of consistency, we cant just replace guys every 2 years. the steelers dont do it, the giants dont do it.

well guess what, when you hire good guys they stick around for awhile, but when you hire a turd you have to cut your losses asap in order to get things back on track.... you know like the fucking giants did last year.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As you guys can tell from my new signature, this is my last rodeo with these guys. I'm done doing the same shit year after year expecting a better result. Until Chris Johnson realizes that money doesn't make you a Football savant and hires someone who is, I'm gonna tap out for a bit until that happens. As it is, I have barely more than a passing interest on Sunday to watch this team blow leads. But to see the same stupidity play out in the FO and Ownership year after year is just getting to be too much and life is too short for this shit. If this team is still in the shitter by the 2020 season, I'm finished with them. I'm willing to give them this one last chance to get this team straightened out in 2019. I have very little faith in the Jets these days..

major33, alleycat9, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I doubt that you're alone; it gets pretty tiresome year after year. I've kind of thought that this is the last chance for the Johnsons to get things right or they're going to lose a big chunk of their fans, but I also think expecting magic in one season is asking too much. That long sought "progress" would be enough for me and another year to make a decent showing in the playoffs.

NYJetsO12, Cman68, CBG and 1 other person like this.
  21. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman great post and my sentiments exactly ! Its amazing how WE never ever thought we would or could ever feel this way. Next year they get a free pass but I MUST SEE improvement I mean how could it get worse right ? But if they don't improve and are still a shit show I won't even give them until 2020 , I will be G- O-N-E gone gone gone as enough is enough = Maybe all these years that we abused Champ we were out of line ?

Cman68 likes this.
  22. NYJetsO12

Yes..it's just common sense. Something these owners have very little of

They can't model what other owners do or even get good advice! Smart people also evaluate the advice they have been given eg the "search firms" for Idzik, Mac and Loser Bowles

Pampered their entire lives then given some responsibility >>>fail miserably

Failure is a great teacher but you have to learn from failure...Even Gates has said he would prefer failing because success doesn't teach you enough

J Bros are poor students in and out of school imo

CBG and Cman68 like this.