The Official 2019-20 Mike MacCagnan thread..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It was a close vote, but I figure we might as well give this "original" concept a shot. Please keep all the "Fire Macc" posts here as to keep the board clean, streamlined and readable..

Thanks in advance!
    Mgmt.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My prediction is this will be a multi year thread

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Wake up Waldo and Christo Johnson and fire Mac immediately!!!

tomdeb likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't think he's gonna get the axe, but I believe he should go. His drafting has seen too many picks after round 1 cut and no longer in the league. His FA signings have been disappointing for the most part. He has not sufficiently addressed the OL and the results speak for themselves. Has he been better than Idzik? Easily, but better than Idzik is not good enough. His positives are that none of his 1st round picks have been busts, he has structured FA contracts to not be cap crippling in the long run, and he has found a few mid to late round contributors like Herndon and Shell. I was on the fence for over a year, but no longer. He hasn't done enough to convince me that he can build an above average roster that can contend for the Lombardi Trophy.

#4 CotcheryFan, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Nesquik, tomdeb, Since1969 and 4 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think the only thing that's been saving Macc is that the focus has been on Bowles. But now that we're seeing reports that put his drafting and signings in context with the league averages, and shining the light on his misses, it becomes apparent that he too needs to go. That said, I don't think he will be fired, at least at the same time as Bowles. I think yt may depend on who the coaching candidates are to some degree: if they want to hire an experienced guy like one of the Harbaughs or McCarthy, but they balk at working with Macc, I could see MAcc being the odd man out.

I still think the "best pf both worlds" approach is for them to hire someone as Pres. of Football Ops who has a track record of winning and building winners and let him oversee Macc. Relegate Macc to what he does best (whatever that is), and maintain some stability while you get the boost from a fresh perspective, and let the POFO hire the new CS and install a blueprint for acquiring players and coaches that fit that vision.

I also don't expect this to happen either. I expect another "Grinch Christmas" from the Jets.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  6. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

He is awful. Horrible draft record, he should be fired

tomdeb likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Of course he should be $hit canned IMO its not even debatable. Bowels should have been fired 2 years ago if not midseason this year and Mike Mac the smartest guy in the room ( just ask him ) should be fired the day after this season ends but these are the Jets and the dysfunction continues !

8. Cman68

Good thing that title didn't read; "Manager of Football Ops".. aka MOFO :)

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Johnson brothers. Don't reward mediocrity. Macc isn't as bad as Bowles but he isn't the football mind that will bring championships to the Jets. His drafts are underwhelming and his free agent signings are hit and miss. 4 years is enough time for someone to show his worth and nothing will miraculously change if you keep Macc. This is your team. But your decisions bring misery to our lives. Listen to the fans. Let him go and start anew.

New Uniforms
    New Head Coach
    New GM

Make it happen and give Jet fans some hope.

#9 Brook!, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Chop, chop
    Off with his head
    If the Johnsons don't fire him
    The Jets future
    Is dead.

tomdeb, NYJetsO12, westiedog1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I am sick of this team sick of it over and over and over again I get pumped for a game and over and over the same flat team shows up ... know how the saying goes, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result ... yea I am exhibit A !

pre snap penalties ... running on first down, 3 and out, giving up points and being down early ... ugh ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We are completely devoid of depth, which is due to both horrible self evaluations and poor mid round drafting. As bad as the coaching has been, MAC is just as culpable in this disaster.

tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Cman68

There's no way in hell to justify just firing Bowles on the basis of the record the both of them have amassed. Bowles and MacCagnan came in as a pair, they should go out the same way as a pair. Macc owns as much of this shitshow as Blowes does but for some unknown reason, apparently ownership will give Macc another bite at the apple. I guess they're admitting they were only half wrong by doing this.

tomdeb, Since1969, Jets81 and 3 others like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I disagree, we have great depth. We need starters

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Need more Herndons and less Hansens and Stewarts.

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This has been beaten to death. Horrible drafting and poor FA moves = Mac needs to go. Not rocket science. Mac and Blowes need to be shown the door together.

tomdeb, CBG and No Fly Zone like this.
  18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Wrap Toilet and Mac in the same box and send em out fed ex priority to make sure they're delivered somewhere else as early as possible !

tomdeb, Brook!, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Buh Bye to both of them ------> why on earth would any one keep either of them ? Do you really want to see this guy squander a $100 million and another draft ?

tomdeb, Brook!, KWJetsFan and 3 others like this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If they show Macc the door we'll just get to see another guy come in and squander $100 million and another draft.

Ralebird and KWJetsFan like this.