The NFL is no longer a legitimate, fair league.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. This would be a 15 yard penalty assessed on the kickoff for any other team.Sickening..

But I did laugh a little bit at first glance

2. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Haha, that is a cool shot and capture a moment in time. funny . . .

In all serious though this is the TD in which Mack drove White into the ground in the end zone. The play was dead once White crossed the plane of the end zone, then Mack grabs him they both takes a few steps and take downs White.

It is basically should of been a penalty for unnecessary roughiness but i am glad that they did not call it. This was also the drive a few plays earlier that the guy clocked Gronk, and the PI, so tensions were high on both sides. There was some pushing and jarring in the end zone and the refs were trying to break things up whilst laughing it off, so as not to be force to throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct.

That is what the refs does here, and just after this still he turns and motions away Fleming 71, saying "i know i know" - basically saying - I know things are tight and they tackled White but lets move on.

Here is a video of it, but it is a tad blurry.

HomeoftheJets and Woodhead like this.
  3. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Surely we as fans at times do not like the refs as do players and Coaches. Indeed, this ref, Blakeman, was the head of the crew that picked up the PI flag at the end of the Carolina/Pats game a few years ago. I was not upset that they picked up the flag. Brady was upset and had a few words with Blakeman as they walked into the tunnel. So at times players and refs can have a disagreement.

In the end though they work together and with the ref near the QB a lot they tend to interact, many times you will see the ref help up the QB and/or talk with him. Also, at times refs can talk with players after the game.

So we can have angry words or a hand shake. So i see nothing here.