The NFL is no longer a legitimate, fair league.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jan 21, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I don't know how this happened or why, but dominant teams of the past were just flat out better and didn't have massive calls go their way all the time, on cue, on command. There wasn't this obnoxiously brazen two rulebook standards that we see now where breathing on a Pats player is PI but tackling Jags receivers is OK. This game was an officiating travesty. An absolute unexplainable. Patriots again tackling with their offensive line with no repercussions. Just throwing random ducks up their for flags. Mercedes Lewis is outright grabbed and mugged on a big 3rd down...no call.

You know what you're seeing and what you've been seeing since 2001. This is fake football. This is not the football we've grown up with. Teams aren't treated the same. There is rampant corruption and favoritism and rigging of results

Jets_Grinch and dogg like this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Those two PI calls sealed the Jags fate.Especially the one at the end of the second half that lead to a td.Without those calls the Pats lose easily

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Of course you're right.

Still can't give up a first down on 3rd and 18.

THIRD AND F'N 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminded me of the SB against the Seahawks when Seattle had control of the game had them in 3rd and 13 NE converted and the rest is history.

Teams choke against them they just do.

Later in the game when Jacksonville was in 3rd and 19 NE showed them how to properly defend a similar down & distance.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Brady, P. Manning, Roethlisberger in every single Super Bowl since 2001-02 except 2002-03 and 2012-13. It's been so predictable for years.

dogg likes this.
  5. forevercursed

The replay of that PI before the half...that was not PI both were guilty of some hand fighting. But as a ref you seriously cannot gift wrap a team 50 yards there on something so sketchy. Uncatchable ball too

dogg likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of the Patriots ,there's no chance I'm watching the Superbowl this year.Its like watching the same boring movie over and over again.Atleast with the Jags there would have been a good story there...coming off a losing season with a new coach etc. I hope its the worst rated Superbowl in NFL history.

#6 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  7. forevercursed

It's the only way we can get the league to stop this favoritism. If I'm tired of the script and writing on a TV show, I stop watching

The NFL decided to start scripting things for the Patriots. So stop watching and it will go back to an evenly officiated league

dogg likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

According to ESPN team penalties in the AFC Championship game were as follows:

New England Patriots 1 penalty for 10 yards

Jacksonville Jaguars 6 penalties for 98 yards

As close as this game was I think anyone would concede that the penalties cost the Jaguars the win.

Perhaps the simple truth is that the Jaguars lack discipline but between the Jets game, the Steelers game, and other games this year other teams seem to keep making big mistakes at critical moments giving yards or even ball possession to the Patriots while their opponents fail to share in this good fortune.

One game could be dumb luck but the trend calls the integrity of the NFL into question. At least with the NBA star system, all the big stars get the calls regardless of the uniform they wear.

9. forevercursed

You could say this if it happened once but it happens all the time on cue. NE made plenty of mistakes today too. But they were also gifted a ton.

I don't think Jax was undisciplined. It wasn't a 14 penalty ejection personal foul fest. They were called for some very sketchy stuff.

NE WAS undisciplined. They were called for nothing. Their holding on O and D was flatly seen and ignored. Jax recovered a fumble and was going to run it back. Refs made sure a quick whistle was called

Jets_Grinch and James Hasty like this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I thought we were supposed to put this all in your other garbage thread.

FJF likes this.
  11. dogg

dogg Member

All you need to know is that the ref (#34) was the first one to congratulate TB when the game ended. Is there any doubt who "wins" the SB?

johnny and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I can't tell if forevercursed is a troll? His obsession with the Pats is a bit uncomfortable/approaching "need to see someone" level.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If you are not concerned with the Patriot's "success" can you really call yourself a Jets fan?

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree and they need to seriously implement a max yard penalty for PI. I'm so sick of bad desperation plays getting bail out calls. There should be a 15 yard max penalty unless it's end zone. That rule is contradictory to the game of football, where you earn every single inch, yet they gift wrap 50 yards when most times the chance of success on that play was almost nil.

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

This is a good question.

I am no Dr. Phil, but I did see this similar behavior with Red Sox fans who thought the Yankees were some evil entity. If you didn't hate the Yankees you were considered not a Red Sox fan. What pisses me off in situations like this is how the media brain washes fans to hate the other side. Over the years people in Boston were brainwashed by the media to hate the Yankees.

Just like in Boston you have people in NY like Mike Francesa who are always trying to get people to hate the Patriots.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

come on now, refs would never lean towards one team....

[​IMG]

ahahaha

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

That was completely bizarre.
    I've never seen a ref celebrate a TD with a team before.

matt robinson 17 and James Hasty like this.
  18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

6 Jags penalties, Delay, Procedure, Illegal Shift. Nothing to do with Pats. Personal foul (hit on Gronk) obvious call.

That leaves 2 PI's vs 1 Holding penalty for Pats. Both PI's were cut and dried. Bouye pushes Cook out of bounds while the ball was in the air, and Ramsey grabbed Cook around the neck before the ball go there.

Oh yeah. The Pats O-Line got away with holding. This is probably true. What is also most likely true is that the Jags O-Line got away with holding. The refs weren't calling that this week.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/67939/Referee-was-the-first-to-congratulate-Tom-Brady
    The NFL conspiracy theorists will have fun with this one, Josh Slagter of Mlive reports..

After yet another fourth-quarter comeback, this time from 10 points down to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tom Brady and New England are headed back to the Super Bowl.

The first to congratulate the Patriots QB? A referee.

KurtTheJetsFan and NY Jets68 like this.
  20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member