The NFL has discovered...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 17, 2017.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

that Darren Lee is way too small and D. Davis is way too bad too play inside LB in the NFL. So get ready for 14 more games of the NFL running it down the jets' throats. After each blowout Toilet Bowl will mumble "We'll have to look at the tape." Funny, Bowles crowed the same thing after every loss last year but then trooped out Revis and Fitzpatrick the very next week after "the tape" showed they sucked the previous week. Maccagnan is just as bad after screwing up contracts for fitz, revis, and (invisible) wilk and drafting Smith, Mauldin, Lee, and Hackenberg with high picks. About as bad as his 2017 draft featuring 4 DBs and 3 receivers but no OL, DL, or LBs.????????? This team stinks from the top down and really needs a new GM/coach who can assemble and coach a team, instead of the current morons that the rest of the league will laugh at all year.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm no football expert by a long shot, but I HATED the Lee pick the second they made it. I thought he was the size of a HS linebacker and would be pushed around like a woman in the NFL. And here we are. Gholston, Coples, Wilson, Miliner, Pryor, Lee. HTF is it POSSIBLE for one organization to draft so many #1s who can't even strap it up and play in the goddamn league????

Simply Astonishing.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hated these LBs in preseason,,,,,I knew they were the weakest link on the defense but they are actually playing even worse than I had thought possible. I lost faith in Woody Johnson a long time ago , Bowels showed me glimpses of being a dope in year 1 but that last game of the year with everything on the line against Buffalo and Rex , along with his ho hum press conferences sealed the deal for me ! Mike Mac has not shown me much at all and anyone who trusts this guy to rebuild this franchise is dreaming happy thoughts ! Woody I am almost at the point of saying just sell the team and or move it, Im just too tired and too old for any more of this shit show!

Brook!, tomdeb, dogg and 1 other person like this.
  4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It is a function of the morons making the choices. Half the people on this message board could have drafted better-- really believe that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

How long before we hear that Leonard Willams is a bust after 2 quiet games? tick tock, tick tock...

TwoHeadedMonster, Jets69 and RuJFan like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Stop the clock it happened yesterday

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We already have. If I could find the post(s) I'd embed them for you, but some people have already made this claim. He'd be fine if he didn't have to carry about 225 lbs of HC on his ass.

Vida likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Hey you know what we need ?

Another thread saying Lee is a bust and Mac is fucking useless at drafting and it goes without saying the obligatory mention of Hack being a high pick moan, it is a wonder this site hasn't trademarked it tbh :rolleyes:

It is going to be a long season as it is without the same things being said in 100 different threads.

9. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

It was me who brought up Leonard Williams not producing on the field, 0 Tackles 3 assists nowhere near the quarterback all day as far as I'm concerned does not cut it for a draft pick that was supposed to be the the big time gift dropping in the Jets lap.
    I don't know if it's the defensive coaching scheme, non stop double teams or his just not interested knowing he is going to lose aka Wilkerson disease but it better get figured out for a guy who in the preseason said he wanted to average a sack a game.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I say we hunt down Charlie Casserly, put a .45 to his temple and force him to watch endless reruns of the 2016 season.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

It would be better if you forced him to look into a mirror without his rug on.

nicg4360 likes this.
  12. Cman68

It was that sorry SOB that sold Woody on Macc without any hard proof Macc was the best candidate out there. I hope Casserly burns in hell and he can take Wolf with him too.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Don't blame the messenger. Look at how Woody Johnson has gone about hiring team leadership. Every time he needs to bring in new people, he seems to have a different get rich quick scheme, whether that be advisors in the form of former GMs, or an agency, or just plain ol "let's copy the Patriots!". He's a terrible decision maker and doesn't seem to have a clue what a long game is. He's the problem with this team, no one else.

Vida, Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Cman68

Can't argue with this...

15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If you want to blame Woody for one thing that cannot be argued with, it's his propensity for hiring non-proven, un-experienced football people to be head coaches. He has hired not one since Parcels left to hand it off , and very briefly I may add, to B. Billicheck. How ironic is that?

Vida and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

It's such a frustrating situation. The team brought Bowles in because of the Cardinals impressive defense, scheming, and utilizing of defensive players. When Bowles first got here, we were all happy with the potential his defensive mind and creativity would bring. When the team drafted Lee, it was pretty exciting. We needed a LB and addressing the position with BPA in round 1 was great. Sure, he's undersized, but his speed and playmaking ability along with the idea of a NFL training program being able to add to his build brought high hopes.

It's yet another high draft pick letdown for this fan base. Maybe Lee can't pan out to the all-pro LB the team needs, but for ****'s sake Bowles is scheming like an idiot. Sure, this defense doesn't have a whole lot of talent yet, but the guy isn't even scheming to its strengths. This is what the guy was brought in for. Any competent coach would have us at least a bit more optimistic about Lee by putting him in proper situations to succeed.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Woody is the Wile E Coyote to the NFL's Roadrunner.

NCJetsfan and xxedge72x like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He might've been the best candidate left as all the others declined our request to even interview because of the dysfunction of this organization.

Actually he wasn't the best candidate left. But I just wanted to toss that anecdote in there.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It all started when Macc decided to let Snacks Harrison (best NT in football) walk out the door so he could keep 3 DEs, only to let one of them go.

All of a sudden our middle linebackers matter.

Oooops.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Todd is not allowed to be unsupervised when he uses the restroom or when he uses the oven. He's a dumbass.