The New York Mets 2009-2010 Offseason/Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Exit 117, Oct 8, 2009.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This is an embarrassing situation. The only good that will come out of it is the acceleration of the termination of Omar Minaya and Jerry Manuel.

I can't understand why they like Jacobs more than Carter. "Jacobs has experience against the NL East" is all I keep hearing. Jacobs has TERRIBLE experience against the NL East is more like it.

And no matter how bad Carter might be defensively, he can't possibly be worse than Jacobs, or more importantly, a lineup that features Jacobs, Francouer, and Barajas is going to be a dream.

Especially on the days when they trot Gary Matthews Jr. out there "to get him in the flow."

-X-

2. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I would actually like to see a little of Chris Carter. The player we got in return for Billy Wagner. Boston then got 2 first round picks for him when he signed with the braves. So I am hoping this guy can play at least a little.

3. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

were on the same page here!

The FO has nothing to do with Murphy getting hurt. Well other then they put first base in the hands of a totally unproven player coming off a bad rookie year with only light depth behind him. other than that they are guilt free.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey guys not sure if you've seen this- didn't notice it in the thread:

The LIRR provides service to Citi Field Stadium on April 4th to see the Mets during a special practice open to fans. The workout is from 11 AM to 1 PM. Trains to Mets-Willets Point Station will operate every half hour from Penn Station beginning 8:48 AM; and every half hour from Port Washington at 8:39 AM. See www.mta.info/lirr.

5. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I'd rather have Chris Carter in there than Mike Jacobs too.

6. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

The decisions they're making are not grounded in any objective reality. Mike Jacobs is going to have more at bats than Jason Bay. Louis Castillo should be leading off if Reyes and Pagan are out of the lineup.

That 7,8,9 of Francoeur, Barajas, Santana is an invitation to single digit pitch count innings. Lots of them. It's an absolute joke.

I am a little bit split on Sabermetrics, particularly things like CHONE, ZIPS, and PECOTA ratings, but the Mets seem to be raging against them. They are setting themselves up for failure like no franchise since the Oakland Raiders.

-X-

7. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Jerry Manuel's managerial decisions always leave you baffled as to what the fuck he's really trying to accomplish here. He doesn't take the game serious enough, which is pretty ironic considering how many, including myself, felt towards how serious Willie Randolph had been here.