The New York Mets 2009-2010 Offseason/Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Exit 117, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

2-8 weeks. Classic Met time window. Could be tomorrow could be next season. Oh and fuck you

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

anderson hernandez was claimed off waivers by cleveland

3. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

YES. About time that worthless piece of trash stopped being a Met.

4. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Reyes is back, if anyone cares.

5. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Looks like these schmucks are going to end up promoting Meija well before he's ready. Manuel's on the short leash and is only looking at the short term. I'd rather they keep him down and give him more starter experience rather than push him straight into a relief role with the big club. Starting pitchers hold much more value than relievers.

I see Joba happening all over again here.

6. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I agree. Stick Mejia in the fucking minors and let him develop into a starter. Fucking Manuel "i wanna see how he pitches on consecutive days." Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Mejias dirty I wouldnt mind seeing him play in the majors as a reliever then moving to a start after Maine or Oli get sore vaginas

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If he's ready to be effective in the NL, then he should be with the big league club. The Mets don't have to worry about that service time stuff that the cheap organizations (Pirates, for one example) have to pay mind to.
    Many big pitchers broke into the majors as relievers. Johan Santana and Pedro Martinez are two examples.

9. desert swordz

Those are some great points, but forgive me if I'm wary of how the Mets have handled the development of their young talent over the past few years..

Ideally I'd like to see Mejia in the minors getting as many innings as possible, working on his control and refining his offspeed and breaking stuff. To be honest he still needs a bit of work in these areas, and I don't know if using him as a 1-inning type reliever, where he'd be relying on a steady diet of his already great FB, will allow him to work on these things.

10. southparkfanciz

I agree. Why not let the young kid pitch in the Majors if he's ready he's already better than Olie and Big Pelf. Which is why the Mets need to get Ike Davis in that line up ASAP as well.

11. desert swordz

If he makes the team, he'll be pitching as a reliever, so comparing his spring training performance against Pelf's and Ollie's isn't logical. Also, should he make the team and get a spot start in place of an injured pitcher, he won't fare that well because he's not ready to be a major league SP yet.....which is why he needs more time for refinement in the minors.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Hes definetly not ready to be a SP yet because he just overpowers people he doesnt really know how to outsmart people. Id love to see him study under Santana and Franky and learn how to faness people and how to pitch them and not just overpower.

13. patchyfogg

patchyfogg New Member

2010 Mets Season Preview with Beat Reporter Adam Rubin

As most everybody knows by now, I co-host a 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Sports Talk radio show on Long Island.

The other night, long-time Mets beat reporter Adam Rubin flew up from Port St. Lucie to do 2 commercial-free hours of nothing but Mets Talk with us.

I've placed the audio of the interview (in MP3 format and 2 parts) at http://sportstalk903.libsyn.com

You can also watch the whole video of this show at http://www.justin.tv/sportstalk
    (It's divided into 9 segments of 15 minutes each. Segment 6 is where he apologizes for not having the chance to say goodbye via the Blog.)

Some Highlights:

In this interview, Adam talks about how this Mets team is the closest team he has covered in his 8 years on the beat, his very nice Spring Training dinner with Omar Minaya, how things are looking up for the farm system and in a totally tongue-in-cheek moment, mentions that his new contract is actually longer than Omar's.

In a serious moment, Adam also takes the time to thank the Daily News for all the great years that he had there, and because he was not allowed to say goodbye on his blog, gets the chance to say goodbye via our show. But, like I said, Adam's not going anywhere. We'll get to read his Mets coverage for many years to come. You know where, I just can't say it.

14. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Be careful, one minute Adam Rubin is a guest on your show, the next he'll be trying to steal the microphone from you.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

A number of reasons...

1.The Mets rushed Pelfrey on the efficacy of his one pitch and ability to produce ground balls. He has no repertoire and when he can't locate, he sucks. Mentally, he's a finger licking basketcase.

2.Joba Chamberlain- Or, telling a young kid to go out there and THROW for an inning, and once he's found success doing that, watching a crisis of confidence transition to Starting pitching under the New York scrutiny, with morons calling the FAN and talking about how he should be "a relievuh!" Mejia has a good curveball and plus changeup, but because they plan on putting him in big situations, he'll never get the chance to perfect it. They'll want to minimize risk and have him throw heat. This is moronic.

3.It cuts into the years they control him. You would think a team that tries to squeeze every dime out of bad investments would do the same with good ones. They clearly haven't. If Mejia starts on the roster this year I think they lose two years of control. That's dumb.

4.Because this decision is motivated by Minaya and Manuel trying to save their asses and the low-rent ownership trying to get the back page and overcome the notion that they have a second-rate farm system. These schmucks might not demote Sean Green because it will cost them 1m dollars for him to play at AAA. SO WHAT?!

5.Because how can you trust any decision made by the people who "aggressively pursued" Gary Matthews Jr and Bengie Molina and thought that might improve their team this season?

-X-

16. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Mejia with another outstanding inning. I'm going to be so upset when the Mets fuck him up.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Your talking like it's inevitable.... then again it is.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Daniel Murphy and Jose Reyes to start season on Disabled List

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

As Cakes said, DL for Reyes. C'mon, we all knew it was going to happen, it's the Mets!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2010/news/story?id=5045203

20. southparkfanciz

Please put Ike Davis in there. Mike Jacobs cannot be our 1st baseman till Murphy comes back.