-The New York Knicks 2012-2013 Season Thread-

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Jon Barry: "If you're New York, and he misses, I wouldn't call timeout."

:lol:

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

one of the worst officiated games I have seen in a long time.

3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

WTF was that?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

damn it, this team needs upgrades everywhere. carmello needs a better running mate

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Knicks don't know how to play

Shumpert fouls when they shouldn't have

now the Knicks let the Pacers run 10 seconds off the clock instead of fouling

6. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

7. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

:) :breakdance: :lol: :rofl2: :)

8. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

lol filler

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

bad end to a series...No calls going against Indiana there. Literally got screwed on alot of hacks in the 4th.

We also were pathetic in game 3 and 4 with Woodson's gameplan. Truly terrible how it turned out.

We sucked

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

let's go rangers

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

must win tomorrow Gecko...What we have learned this series is home ice is key. We lost game 1 and I was pissed, after tonight I need the Rangers to deliver tomorrow

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If I didn't know any better I'd say JR Smith was paid to tank the series. What a complete asshat. Didn't deserve 6th man award, our team lived and died with him. He deceived everyone with that fluke hot streak to finish the year. So many shot attempts wasted. I'd rather have Stats in there shooting 3s. Another year goes by and another year I want that clown off the team. JR honestly had me fooled, thinking he emerged into a reliable player. Shame on me. Time to shift up the role players for Melo. JR = gone, Novak stays, and other 3 point shooters come in, we need to get younger. Consider trading Tyson before he declines further. Trade stats. Too many injuries. Stats & Chandler to Lakers for Howard.

How many playoff games has Amar'e even played in since arriving? 5 out 21 or so? Uncool. Bringing in a few veterans is cool, but can we please not sign all the oldest guys in the league?

All in all it was the best Knicks season in a long time, so I'm happy about that. We fell a little short of expectations because of GayR Smith completely vanishing. One of these years we'll get to finish the season without so many damn injuries. It killed us last year and this year.

#2532 Barcs, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well overall the year was fun and it blew away my expectations. We got better by one round this year and picked up 5 more wins. We avoided major playoff injuries for the 1st time in the last 3 playoff series. The Knicks have another year on this window, so just get better. Iman Shumpert guys, that kid if he can keep that knee safe, man oh man, we got our young player that's great!
    This tweet sums up the season for me:

netw3rk ā€@netw3rk 22m
    It really was a great season. If you told me in August, 54 wins, beat BOS in round one, Iā€™d take it and run.

This one explains the game tonight.

KFC ā€@KFCBarstool 2m
    Tonight was a badly officiated game, but conspiracy theorists who think Stern and the NBA wouldn't want NY vs Miami arent making any sense

We don't deserve more FTs than IND, but IND average 25 FTs/game all year and had 46 tonight. It was just tough luck for us, 50/50 calls didn't go our way. IND made their free throws unlike game 5.

This series, Woodson got outcoached. Commend him for going away from Amare and Kidd. Fault him for trying them out in a playoff series. Commend him for realizing he messed up and put Copeland in. Fault him for taking so long. Fault him for forgetting about Pablo/Shump late. Fault him for letting JR play too long. I'm really interested if Woodson sticks with Melo at the 4 next year, or if he stupidly tries to play Amare/Chandler/Melo. Look what happened when Cope came in at the 5, Vogel pulled Hibbert defensively. Think about that, Cope at the 5 (in the regular season too) forced Hibbert to stay on the bench. We needed a gamble and Woodson went the wrong way in game 4 by going big.

Congrats to the Pacers, played great. Gonna have to clean up a lot to beat Miami. Can't turn the ball over to Lebron and Wade, and can't miss free throws. Also, if Hibbert is allowed to go straight up and down, he's gonna frustrate Wade and Lebron. Let's see if the refs stick to their guns and let him do that, would make for an interesting series. Obviously Heat should be favored as always. Tyson Chandler got completely outplayed. I think he's banged up, probably will get surgery this year. He contained Hibbert all year, but I don't think Hibbert suddenly became the greatest center ever, he improved, but Tyson wasn't rolling on screens, that's on him not Hibbert. Oh well, hopefully he stays healthy, he was considered injury prone before Dallas.

Season was an overall success. Outplayed most expectations. Hopefully the Knicks keep on building this team smartly and Woodson adapts to small ball. I think we are up against the cap though, we have a 1st round draft pick though!

14. displacedfan

This too:

Jonah Kaner ā€@TheKnicksWall 2m
    You know what? The season might have all been worth it for this one GIF - http://bit.ly/13xCTLL

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Freethrow disparity in last 3 games:
    Knicks - 49
    Pacers - 109

Fouls:
    Knicks - 93
    Pacers - 52

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

JR Smith post season stats.

Code:
    Year Rank  Player      PPG    FGM   FGA    FG%    3P%    FT%
    2013 161   JR Smith    14.2    50   148    .338  .281   .684
    2012 170   JR Smith    12.2    24   76     .316   .179   1.000 (8-8)   

He's a post season choker or a guy who gets paid to tank games. Get him the fuck off my team. Almost 100 missed shots in the playoffs. Unacceptable. Clearly it was the difference in the series. (Rank is based on shot%, btw)

#2536 Barcs, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  17. displacedfan

IND averaged 24 free throws a game this year. Averaged 36 over the last 3 games. Whatever. Woodson messed us up more than the refs.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

These are our 5 highest paid guys......

Amare Stoudemire $19,948,799
    Carmelo Anthony $19,450,000
    Tyson Chandler $13,604,188
    Marcus Camby $4,590,338
    Steve Novak $4,054,055

19. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

That Amare contract blows...

20. displacedfan

What happens when someone retires? Camby might do that.